Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War April Build Release (With FAQ)

Default Medieval Kingdoms Total War April Build Release (With FAQ)

Hey everyone! We have a brand new build for you all! It's the first version that can be played entirely on workshop! Here is the changelog as well as a slight reposting of the FAQ with some noteworthy additions so do take a look.,

April Changelog

New Factions
    Almohad Caliphate
    Abbasid Caliphate
    Marinid Sultanate
    Hafsid Sultanate
    Khwarazmian Empire
    Ghurid Sultanate
    Arch Bishopric of Trier
    Duchy of Lorraine
    Republic of Pisa
    Commune of Milan
    County of Flanders

Factions with new tiers

Kingdom of Cilicia (Tier 2 and 3 added)
    Cuman-Kipchak Confederacy(Tier 2 and 3 added)
    Kingdom of Georgia (Tier 2 and 3 added)

Factions with new and/or improved units.

Kingdom of England
    Kingdom of France
    Republic of Genoa
    Republic of Venice
    Kingdom of Sicily
    Cuman-Kipchak Confederacy
    Kingdom of Cilicia
    Kingdom of Hungary
    Tsardom of Bulgaria
    Duchy of Lesser Poland
    Grand Duchy of Lithuania
    Kingdom of Sweden
    Grand Knyazate of Kiev

New Arty: Culverin

New Special units: Hussite War Wagons, Tents and Carroccio Wagon

Balancing Overhaul in progress. We need people to playtest the changes and give us feedback!

Bavaria, Brabant, Saxony and Austria all combined with HRE

Silesia and Pomerania combined with Lesser Poland

Faction Name Changes:

Armenian Cilicia changed to Kingdom of Cilicia
    Cuman Khanate changed to Cuman-Kipchak Confederacy
    Second Bulgarian Tsardom changed to Tsardom of Bulgaria
    Kievan Rus changed to Grand Knyazate of Kiev

Naval units taken out temporarily while we tweak the balancing and get internal builds stable.

Steam Link:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1371500898

The Steam link is broken, instead use the Steam link that GeneralL posted.

Now, there's a lot of other points to address, whether you've just heard of us or are long time fans. We have a Q&A below that should address most questions people might be having.

Q. How come ___ faction doesn't have ___ unit? Or has ____ equipment?

A. We put a lot of research into our faction rosters. We try to balance realism, accuracy and artistic license. Often times the more popular or biased perspective simply isn't grounded in fact. Obviously if someone makes a compelling argument we take it into consideration but it's still our call at the end of the day.

Q. I often see guys with plate armor and there's all this talk about "tiers." I thought this mod was set in 1212 AD?

A. The starting year for the campaign mode is 1212 AD. However in the interest of making mid and late game interesting we have 3 tiers and each tier represents a certain century. Tier 1 = (1200 - 1300), Tier 2 = (1300 - 1400), Tier 3 = (1400 - 1500)

Q. How does that work for factions that didn't survive the 1200s like Toulouse or the Latin Empire?

A. It's been tricky but in general we try and keep the equipment accurate to aforementioned tiers with plausible and grounded looks for what the faction would look like. Also we tend to change the look to fit a later faction that was in the region. The Almohads reflect this approach well for example.

Q. Are there going to be custom cities, custom ships, trebuchets etc?

A. Yes we will have all of those in due time. It's a matter of manpower and time.

Q.What about the custom buildings that were seen last time. Why were they taken out?

A. Those were done by a modder who does submods that we have parted ways with. See more details below.

Q. Are you guys making a campaign mode?

A. Yes, we do have a campaign mode in the works. As of me typing this we've made a ton of progress and despite the relative lack of previews we are hard at work behind the scenes.

Q. I don't get it. 1220 AD has a campaign mode and custom cities already? If it's such a lengthy thing to put together, how come that mod got it done much quicker? Don't you work with the guys from that?

A. First off we parted ways in terms of collaboration months ago. He has permission to use our stuff for his mod but otherwise he does his own thing. Second despite how nice those screenshots look, 1220 AD is actually rather buggy with it's cities. This is not slander either. I've played sieges where the siege towers can't reach the wall or buildings are just bugged. He took modded buildings and called them vanilla names, regardless of how functional it is.

Q. But what about other mods that have a campaign mode like 1295 or others?

A. Those mods are ultimately glorified texture swaps. In terms of gameplay they are just like Attila or AoC. It's simply not the same as what we are doing. Our campaign mode for example will have custom building trees and faction traits. Diplomacy more reflective of the time-frame and that's just for the alpha! Basically our gameplay experience will be deeper.

Q.There were naval units in the older version and they're gone now? Are those coming back?

A.Yes they will. We are trying to get the land battles properly balanced and we've relegated the naval side of things until we're more confident. Also the MK team member who did that is busy right now with RL. And he was the expert with that.

Q.Okay, you had all this time to work on the mod and the Seljuks STILL have only one partially complete tier? What gives?

A. We did have the Seljuk roster completed by MK Team member Hessam. However he had some RL obligations and unfortunately he never uploaded his assets in time. So unfortunately until we can salvage his work you'll have to wait a little bit longer.

Q. Did you just throw one of your team mates under the bus?

A. That is not my intent. Hessam is a talented modder that is a welcome part of the team. It's just bad luck on everyone's part. Nothing more.

Q. Did you see the trebuchet in the Rise of Mordor mod? Will your mod get the same?

A.Yes I did. I actually helped them with a couple of bugs they were having. The thing is their trebuchet model is based on the version from the movies which is very different from trebuchets we need. However we do plan on collaborating at some point to get our own trebuchets working.

Q.This update is nice and all but will we have to wait a long time again before the next update?

A. Thankfully not! The days of the fewer updates are OVER. Thanks to changes made to Attila's steam workshop we are able to upload the mod entirely to the workshop! No more external links needed! As such we will be able to update more frequently like all the other mods you know and love.

Q. Do you have any estimate on when the campaign mode will be ready?

A. We still don't have a solid answer at this time. Once we go into alpha testing we'll try to give an estimate.
    Last edited by Leonardo; June 14, 2019 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Broken Steam link in the OP, added a posted link.

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War April Build Release (With FAQ)

Great work on this guys!

ndm659's Avatar Foederatus

Finally! Before this release, there were no enough playable faction in the East, now both sides are equal.

Sadly, there are no Ottoman or improved Seljuk units, I was waiting to play with them. :/ Great work, thanks all of you!

Dom1no's Avatar Libertus

You made my day guys! It was worth to wait that long time

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

do you intent to upload the campaign when finished on the same steam workshop or will be seperate ?
    I Came,I Saw I Partially Differentiate

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Congrats on the release guys.
    You probably should've made an "All-in-One Steam Collection" though. So here ya go: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1371975781

Bravo a vous courage pour la suite.
    Congratulations to you for the future.

pls upload on moddb

Hi all guys and thank you for your amazing job!
    I've noticed that some new unit's armors, especially if plate armors, look "gray" and "flat", like they don't have any texture

Also replays crash when loading even if no unit is moved during deployment phase.
    Sorry if this thread is not the right one to ask these questions

I know im asking again but could you possibly upload a non steam link

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

Gratz with the update. However I have a correction regarding the name of The Kingdom of Cillicia.
    At the time, when the state became a kongdom, the crown was given to the Armenian King Levon, of Armenian Noble dynasty Rubenids. it was Called Armenia Regnum - The kingom of Armenia, which was granted by Emperror of HRE in the presence of Frankish and English courts. Before it the lands were rules by different Armenian Dynasties simultaneously (incl. those Rubenids and the future kings Hethunids).
    In this regard, depending on the time frame, the lands are often called Cillician Armenia or Armenian Cillicia or just Cillicia. But as you mentioned the title "Kingdom", then it has a well defined name - the Kingdom of Armenia. or to separate it from the other Armenoan Kingdoms that were located on the Armenian highland, you could use the name of The Kingdom of Cillician Armenia.
    I am oped for discussions and references if you are interested.
    Best Regards

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

What is the Grand Knyate of Kiev? Are you sure Knyate is the right word? Are you referring perhaps to Knyazate/Knezate?

Laetus

pls upload a non steam link pls pls pls

Just wondering, is there a reason for removal of wedge formation/shield wall/hoplite phalanx from the majority of infantry units ? Beforehand the availabilities of formation abilities made for quite a dynamic gameplay ^^

Matthĉus's Avatar Knez Bribirski

Congrats

I was wondering if for the Seljuk/ottoman question. The ottomans could emerge around 1270-1300 as a revolt in western anatolia with the option of taking control of them or attempting to suppress if playing as the seljuks. They (ottomans) could start with mostly tier 2 units as well as improved late tier 3 janissary type units and would essentially be a later adapted faction, and so would be an interesting choice if playing as a turkish faction in the begining, as the sultanate of rum was in a period of decline, and the ottomans were essentialy a combination of european and turkish elements whereas the seljuks were more of a turkish oriented nation. Since this mod focuses on high to late middle ages it would be interesting to involve the ottomans as they were one of the most fundamental players during that period.

That is if any of this is possible with the game mechanics, I have zero knowlege of modding, but just thought it would be interesting if possible, as this looks like its going to be an amazing mod, and you guys are doing a great job making it so !

good things come to those who wait, so no rush to see the campaign until its properly finished

Good luck and keep up the fantastic work

Laetus

you are going to upload this mod in a no steam link
    you are going to upload this mod

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

We will be updating the mod frequently, be it changes to models or stats, so it does make little sense to upload the mod anywhere else but steam and do that every time we make changes.

Awesome do you will add more factions playable in custom battle? (i know there is already a lot lol) even it's more important for campaign it's good to play with much factions in custom with beautiful units!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast