Thread: Mac App Store Rome Total War Alexander compatible with mods (like RTRPE)?

Default Mac App Store Rome Total War Alexander compatible with mods (like RTRPE)?

I spent a sunday trying to get Rome Total Realism Platinum 1.9 and 2.0 to work. It seems as though the campaign map works, no visual bugs scrolling around and units/buildings can be built and recruited.

However when entering into battle the game crashes. It is very difficult to discern the reason. It seems the files that the game read are no different from the windows version.

Does anyone know of a way to make it work? The later updates have screwed with Ferals ported RomeData approach for RTRPE 1.9, so that doesn't work anymore.
    Thanks for your time!

Default Re: Mac App Store Rome Total War Alexander compatible with mods (like RTRPE)?

Not sure about RTRPE as that mod is very old, but RTR8 v4.0 will be out on Sunday and it has everything RTRPE has plus more! It should also be compatible with Mac and even Linux!

Default Re: Mac App Store Rome Total War Alexander compatible with mods (like RTRPE)?

I hope you don't mind me asking but what makes RTR8 more likely to work on Mac/Linux than the old PEs?

Wow! Never mind my last comment. It actually seems to work, although I have yet to try settlement battles. One irritating thing is that ALL the water in the campaign map is synced and cluttered with strange white dots. Anyone know what might be causing this?