Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Warhammer 2 possible DLC(s) SteamDB

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Warhammer 2 possible DLC(s) SteamDB

On the other hand, Old World Races are getting small updates and those are not counted as separated things. I would easily count Dwarf changes as new LL and as nice big FLC :-)

I´m more worried if we will get any Norsca or Bretonnia faction like in WH1. I want to see Araby and Souther Realms, one of those we are getting in the campaign pack and instead of Bretonnia i´m quite happy with a few more reworks to Old factions.

And looking back at WH1, we got Bretonnia, 30th RoR and 4 LLs, rest are also just units, lore of magic,maps,wizards..in WH2 we have Mortal Empires, will get 4 LLs

Southern Realms, Araby, a few more Skavens, Vampire Coast and i´m 100% happy. :-)
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

I'd like to see Araby and Southern Realms, which are IMO the only "missing" things for WH2.

Everything else is "bonus".

I wanted Alarielle, Sistgers, Shadow warriors... and we got them. Lion Chariot would be fun, or an ArchMage, but I can easily live without.

I'm not a Lizardemen or Skaven expert, so I'm not really missing their units or LL.

The last thing I'd like before moving to WH3 (beside Araby and Southern Realms) would be an Amzaon DLC... but I doubt we'll get it.

In case of Dogs of War I can easily imagine mechanics similar to Norsca hunts to unlock different RoR like..maybe complete there a mercenary mission/quest/battle:

Ananconda´s Amazons - Lustria
    Al Muktar´s Desert Dogs - Araby
    Giants of Albion, Fen Beasts + Dark Emissary - Albion
    Long Drong´s Slayer Pirates - Sartosa
    Plus a lot of usual RoR units

In case of Skavens, we are missing a lot clans and notable characters, that´s it. It is one of a few faction that could easily field another 3-4 LLs plus even minicampaign with a lot inner faction conflicts, that´s all.

Patrician Artifex

I don't doubt Skavens maybe missing things, but since I don't know them very well I don't see they are missing.

Just to keep up to date:

No new DLC entry in steadDB (yet!) but CA already added info about entry 835670 : it is new Campaign pack - Curse of the Vampire coast
    https://steamdb.info/app/835670/
    The last DLC entry 835671 got interesting change to be Free on Demand.
    https://steamdb.info/app/835671/subs/
    Similar note is on Mortal Empire, Bretonnia, Step of Isha, Tretch, Alin Anar and many others like Jade Wizard, Grey Wizard, Wurrzag, Isabella, Grombrindal ...but not on Bone Giant, 30th RoR, Krell. So this last unknown entry is probably FLC Dark Elf LL accompanying Curse of the Vampire Coast DLC.

Which means we cannot predict how much more content is planned or not because Lord pack (Lizardmen/Skaven..and those DLC are usually in DB from the beginning) and FLC LL for that pack are definitely not in DB at this moment (but similar FLCs are often inserted into DB just before release date). We cannot predict if ala Bretonnia update will happen with new faction (Southern Realms/Dogs of War) or Warhammer 3 pre-oder DLC (Araby)....there is simply nothing more at the moment.
    Last edited by Daruwind; October 15, 2018 at 06:29 AM.

SteamDB got update. There is new DLC entry 965220, so far it is not marked as Free on Demand. 835671 is really Lokhir FLC.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Why not the Rat and Snake? I think they will come after Vampire Counts.

I cannot fathom Araby being a game 3 pre-order when game 3 is going to a new map. But I do not want a game 4 and please prove me wrong on this. CA have a license for three warhammer games if I am correct? Where did they say in game 4 we'll go to Cathay? No. Game 3 has to be it. I don't think CA will go to game 4.

I just want Nippon because....SAMURAI!

I want Araby to come as well. Araby will be the first of minor factions which means that there could be a chance for Nippon, Ind or Cathay.

Cathay is most likely to come because of Three Kingdoms.

Patrician Artifex

Agreed. Araby as next campaign pack DLC for game 2, Cathay as core for Game 3, and Nippon as DLC

Absolutely zero chance of another campaign DLC for Warhammer II, unless CA radically modifies its plans to appease the Warhammer crowd, while its attention is focused on Three Kingdoms. Still, it doesn't seem a very likely scenario, because the third installation will probably not be released after 2020, so they can wait, although, admittedly, there was a true mental breakdown in reddit, when the Vampire Coast DLC was announced later than expected. Maybe there will be a lord pack or a minor faction freely becoming playable (likeliest candidates being Estalia and Tilea, as they require minimal work, similarly to Brettonia), but that would be all. For Warhammer III, we already know that the initial factions will be the four Chaos deities, whose names I cannot recall. Chaos dwarfs and Ogres will be the two faction DLCs, which means that the only mystery concerns the pre-order "bribe". I suspect Kislev, their bear cavalry being so iconic, but perhaps I'm wrong. Araby being added as a free DLC (or a pre-order incentive) is not impossible, but any hope for Cathay or Nippon is completely unrealistic. I believe they lack dedicated books and extending the map so far eastwards is nonsensical from a "profit" perspective.

Patrician Artifex

Why no chance? They can release a DLC 3 months after 3K, then a DLC for 3k 3 months, later, etc.
    How do you know Game 3 will only have the 4 chaos deity at start? It would be a very bad marketing move from CA. Probably the best way to make a big flop.

Agree to disagree. I predict:

Araby
    Cathay.
    Nippon
    ind.

They will come.

Also CA did a lot of research on Chinese culture and the book. So they know very well how Cathay could be a great DLC. Three Kingdoms is in the top of China steam selling list. So Cathay if ever made would just be awesome.

Patrician Artifex

They'd still have a lot of work to do for monsters though. But it could be interesting, open the game to asian market (not a bad idea).
    And beside, having only Chaos good what appeal only to a small portion of the fans.
    It means not being able to play as Chaos to invade "order faction" nearby
    And not being able to play as "Order" to fight agaisnt Chaos.

Pretty limited

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    They'd still have a lot of work to do for monsters though. But it could be interesting, open the game to asian market (not a bad idea).
    And beside, having only Chaos good what appeal only to a small portion of the fans.
    It means not being able to play as Chaos to invade "order faction" nearby
    And not being able to play as "Order" to fight agaisnt Chaos.

Pretty limited
    Problem is that as a casual fan, nothing interesting in fighting more ogre kingdoms and chaps armies. What is the fun in that? I didn’t like V coast because it’s just more of the same.

New beasts would be okay.

CA showed in the last year(s) that change of plans is possible. Norsca, new DLCs for Rome2, ToB... What´s more they have now a lot of teams. They need to find some work for them...

Anyway.

1) Usually all big planned DLC are added from the beginning into steamDB. Like all previous Wh1/2 Lord/Campaign DLCs up to this moment. Only exception was Norsca but examining Norsca steamDB, first steamDB entry was March 2016 while release was August 2017, so it was kinda planned....But we know for sure that Rat/Snake Lord pack is coming in spring 2019. But if it is the last new unknown entry, we do not know. And because there are no more entries, we cannot predict other stuff as well.

We know we will get 1 more Lizardmen FLC and two more uknown FLCs. Plus Rat/Snake Lord pack. That´s at least 4 entries...

2) Looking at recent past...this uknown DLC could be even some minor FLC like Bone Giant, Steps of Isha... for Halloween...or whatever else event during year (Make Love not War, Skull for the Skullthrone Sale...)

3) We are way too in the future so the original leaked datamined russian info can be really off. There were no Norsca, Vampire Coast and Skaven were supposed to be probably campaign DLC race...

4) Wh1 got free Bretonnia update 2 months after the last paid DLC for Wh1. So we will see next spring/summer.

5) Wh3 pre-order faction will be. Look at 3K, there is also preorder faction. And keep in mind that Norsca is not even playable in main Wh2 Vortex campaign,only in ME. Norsca was nice way how to lure people to get both Wh1 and Wh2 because you cannot utilise Norsca in Wh2 without ME...without Wh1. And we know, we will get ME2.0 with Wh3. So the pre-order faction can as well be useful only in Wh2/ME/ME2.0 but not in main Wh3 campaign...

It would depend on how the Wh3 main campaign map is cut. If it is really about Chaos+Chaos Dwarfs+ Ogres, with Kislev,part Empire, then even Estalia/Tilea/Border Princes or Southlands could be in to justify even DoW or Araby.

If you want, check this post with one possible Wh3 map.. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15556395

Anyway, main question is, how much more content CA is planning for Wh2. Ala Bretonnia free faction? Wh3 pre-order workable in Wh2? ....list of faction that can be added into Wh2 is not so long. DoW/Southern Realms, Araby, lot missing skaven clans (Thanquol, Ikit Claw,Snikch,Throt/Skweel..that´s 5 big names,3 major clans for only one in Rat/Snake Lord pack..well Thanquol, Malus Darkblade and other famous names might be kept for some project.. ) Hafling, Albion,Amazons are too minor or can be as RoR for DoW..and some really big Vampire names I don´t count right now, we have too many of vampires right now..
    Last edited by Daruwind; October 23, 2018 at 05:55 AM.

Honestly it sounds so confusing why don’t CA just post their entire plans for both games? I hate CA marketing. They drop little bits of info and expect us to speculate when they don’t show the map or the campaign. I say 3 Kingdoms. It’s a torture.

And we got new entry into SteamDB. There is no new depot branch being worked on and both DLC entries are still without "Free on Demand" designation as usually have majority of FLCs (especially all FLC LLs has such designation, except FLC like Bone Giant and other exceptions ...tl dr; these entries are not for next FLC LL) and next Skaven/Lizardmen DLC should be in the Spring2019 so....it could be anything. Early adding of Skaven/Lizardmen DLC, possible Christmas FLCs, FLCs ala Bone Giant to accompany next full patch...

There is constant daily activity in Wh2 depot branches Blackbird and Sparrow. You know what? Tomorrow we are getting the last CA TW gift for Christmas 2018 ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Christmas-2018 ) and I would not be surprised to see a FLC for Wh2... :-)

SteamDB just got another DLC entry. Neither of those three is marked as "Free on demand" yet. However on lower example of Alith Anar, it could be just FLC being added prior to release, not just a week or a few days ahead. Anyway question is, if WH plans were shifted due to 3K being delayed. I would say probably not. 3K release date was 7th March, so Wh 2 next content was probably around April...as was comfirmed that next Wh2 DLC will now arrive ahead of 3K.

Lower is detail how to identify FLC - Billing type is changed from 10 (paid DLC) to 12 (FLC).
    Last edited by Daruwind; February 18, 2019 at 04:10 PM.

Patrician Artifex

I'm not so sure. If the DLC is "ready", theyč may have initially planned a delayed release in Aprim, not to interfer too much with 3K.
    But they could decide to relase it sooner in March, with two objectives: reduce discondent from 3K release by relasing something the same month, and increase the gap between this DLC and 3K, so the two release are not too close.

So development from latest weeks is 965220 is Prophet and Warlock DLC
    https://steamdb.info/app/965220/
    and a few hours ago 1003160 was changed to be Free on Demand, which means it is FLC LL
    https://steamdb.info/app/1003160/subs/

This is leaving only one unknown entry for now 1036390, which is probably DLC Grace_CA confirmed while ago... No sigh of possible two FLCs that could fit in shadows on un-updated FLC chart..

EDIT: 1003160 is really Lizardmen FLC LL - Tiktaq´To, steamDB got updated.
    Last edited by Daruwind; April 10, 2019 at 11:58 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast