Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Warhammer 2 possible DLC(s) SteamDB

Default Re: Warhammer 2 possible DLC(s) SteamDB

Told you, guys:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
    Absolutely zero chance of another campaign DLC for Warhammer II.
    Nah, I shouldn't gloat, because I had also come to believe that one more faction DLC was likely. I feel a bit sad for Grace, because, although she copy-pasted the same comment multiple times in reddit, some white-knights, in a remarkable show of oratory skills, still try to distort her announcement into actually meaning more races for the Warhammer franchise (perhaps it would be a DLC or Araby and co. will later be included in Warhammer III etc.). CA's choice is interesting, as it has certainly received a lot of negative feedback from disappointed fans, whose wishes were denied. The crux of the matter probably lies in the fact that the principal goal of the future DLCs (Grace used plural to refer to the lord packs, therefore implying more than one) is to appease the fandom, during the drought between the end of Warhammer II development and the release of its successor. Unit DLCs do not require as many resources as faction packs, which means that not only the expenses would be lower, but they also allow CA to publish an increased number of digital content, thus reducing the "blank space", when customers become frustrated over the absence of news. Another hypothetical argument is that the net profit of lord packs is actually larger, since their cost of production is so tiny, in comparison to the price the consumer is forced to pay to purchase it.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

1.) Maybe the WH "fandom" isn't as commercially compelling a prospect as some would have it. 3.) Maybe the devs aren't interested in making WH DLC forever and have newer, better ideas they want to get to, like *gasp* for the next historical tentpole.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

You are sadly right. However I try to see the ligher part. So far we were expecting just one Lord pack per 2 base factions, with 2 LL. We don´t know if those new Lord packs will be the same size or little bigger. Like 3 LL? Plus there is still a lot content for Wh1+Wh2 races to fill many gaps. Which honestly I was not expecting anyway to be fill in after this point. There was real chance that the Empire/Greenskin update might happen in WH3. Like staring Middenheim as another good faction + Kislev....Plus FLC content. We got no update to FLC chart for long way. I was personally expecting like 2 more pieces (with announced DLC + Wh3 pre-order) but now. More Lord packs mean at least two FLCs + one for wh3 pre-order.

I was predicting something for clan Moulder and right now, with latest changes to ME/Vortex campaign map I can see it happening. Hell I can now easily imagine even mixed Lord packs with Wh1/2 LL. Plus Let´s say CA is doing Eltharion Grim vs Grom the Ponch. You can very easily tie in Greenskin update. Or Empire update with another one..Something along side Empire (Middenheim vs Mourder of Hell Pit) We all know those both factions Wh1 (and Beastmen...and Mitch was talking about possible WE update as well) require little bigger update. Not just like Dwarves/Bretonnia/Vampires...

And one way or another. Lord pack means a few more units. Judging from he latest DLC, Sotek and Ikit got a lot stuff. Lot lot stuff. So yeah, we probably won´t see Araby and Dogs of War/Southern Realms in WH2. But we will see update to Greenskins, Beastmen, WE, Clan Moulder and probably even Empire. And their rosters will be much more completed in Wh2 not in Wh3.

Wh1 pre-order bonus was a race, Wh1 pre-order was too a race so nothing preventing Araby from being Wh3 pre-order faction. Or Kislev Probably Norsca -up means the Wh3 pre-order race will be playable only in Wh3 main campaign or ME2.0 (ok,probably both should be).

Overall. I was expecting Race pack and then wh3 pre-order small faction pack ala Norsca. Instead, we are getting at least two Lord packs and pre-order bonus will happen one way or another....What it really means is clouding situation for Cathay in Wh3....(and Ind and Nippon) as right now in worst case scenario Araby, Southern Realms and Kislev might be in WH3/ME2.0 ...that´s enough stuff with Chaos Dwarves, Ogres, Deamons.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    1.) Maybe the WH "fandom" isn't as commercially compelling a prospect as some would have it. 3.) Maybe the devs aren't interested in making WH DLC forever and have newer, better ideas they want to get to, like *gasp* for the next historical tentpole.

CA basically announced more content. We were expecting one more DLC ...worst case scenario, it would be Wh3 pre-order DLC. Now we know we will get at lest 2 DLCs! And in case of wh1/2 cross LL Lord packs, we have no idea how much content that would mean....because all Lord packs so far were only for base factions.

This backlash is more about form of content.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post

This backlash is more about form of content.
    Right, LL are effing easy to make and new factions aren't in WH. So you're getting LL packs or whatever they call it because it's a lot less effort. For many reasons, about 1.4 billion of them, CA needs to focus forward now.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

So is Araby no more?

Anyway. I have done some brainstorming in other thread...it belongs here as well. Lower are my thoughts about Wh3 pre-order:

@Welsh, I was thinking more about Wh3 pre-order and about different possibilities for it. In Wh1, there are two more placeholder factions. Kislev and Southern Realms, so technically, just technicallly if CA ever planned Wh3 pre-order to be retrospecively playable in all three games, maybe one of those will be pre-order bonus.

Firstly I depends how the Wh3 pre-order will work.

1)Like Norsca, which was Wh2 pre-order and is not playable in Vortex, only in Wh1 and ME....and ME2.0 (ME2.0 is new ME in Wh3, will be separated ) ......so this Norsca like preorder would be playable in Vortex, ME, ME2.0 but not in main Wh3 campaign
    This would limit us to two possibilities
    -Araby, which is well represented on both Vortex/ME in Wh2
    -Southern Realms with token appearance on Vortex and good on ME

2)Due to Norsca ME launch problems limiting pre-order to be just for Wh3...(Wh3 main and ME2.0) as having faction solely for any ME campaign is ..well not for everyone. I think this culd be real possibility, as CA had major pain in the ass with Norsca...
    This could lead to any faction,race...
    -Kislev.....with strangely shaped campaign map even even others...or whatever

3)Very unlikely scenario, in which CA planns the Wh3 pre-order faction to be playable in all three games Wh1+Wh2 (or ME?) + Wh3 (or ME2.0)
    -Kislev...is well in Wh1, is not in Vortex but is again well in ME...so it will be well in ME2.0 and we suspect it might be even in Wh3 main
    -Southern Realms..is also well in Wh1, has token appearance in Vortex and again well represented in ME so even ME2.0
    -Araby...is not in Wh1, while is well in both Vortex and ME...so even ME2..

Of course this whole speculation is big IF...
    Plus I was thinking about possbile Lord Packs. Firstly I try to find what races can get such pack:
    Wh1 has 4 core factions, 2 from campaing packs, 1 bonus faction, 1 pre-order and 1 faction for both Wh1/Wh2.. Norsca
    Wh2 has also 4 core factions, 2 from campaing packs and Norsca is pre-order one, instead of bonus faction we got Laboratory mode/ME

Vampire Coast and Tomb Kings are the latest factions and are effectively completed.
    Norsca and Warriors of Chaos got multiple upgrades, Norsca is completed quite good, WoC will probably got another round of changes around Wh3 and introduction of Deamons
    Dwarfs, Vampires, Bretonnia got their update..ranging from a unit(s), LL to just mechanics

which is leaving Empire,Greenskins, Wood Elves and Beastmen for Wh1 and all 4 core races for Wh2. That´s 8 factions overall. Looking at previous Lord packs, each pack is 2 LLs so basically update for two factions..major stuff,basically what we need for Empire/Greenskins, plus FLC content...which was as of lately in form of 4 LLs, one by one, but look at FLC charts for both games...it could be as much as unit(s),map(s) or even Lores of magic for some factions... and lately we are getting alongside update for another older faction..units, mechanics, new starting point for current LL..That´s basically 3 factions covered per DLC, technically even 4..if FLC is again in form of LL and is not from same faction as one of main LL from Lord pack... So question is, how many packs, LLs, if all factions will get update like Empire or jsut will get Bretonnia treatment...

Using very work of others like
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1396625137
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co..._be_legendary/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...es_until/...to
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...d-lhs-merged-2
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...actions#latest
    looking for missing content, not every factions has the same pool for options both for units and LLs but if the Skavens are getting LL and units, I would asume very similar treatment for other Wh2 factions. Dark Elves for me has very narrow options for both units and LL while for example High Elves have plenty potential LLs

Empire
    +CA recently hinted massive changes
    ..Empire is really lacking in LL department as well as in mechanics, lot options for units

Greenskins
    +Ca recently hinted massive changes
    ..LL count is probably okay but mechanics needs some changes, lot options for units

Wood Elves
    +Mitch said he is not happy with their Amber mechanics
    ..LL count is way low but then WE have somewhat smaller presence on campaign maps..and if we will get LL, Ariel is probably distinctive enough.

Beastmen
    ..mechanics, missing units, definitely needs bigger update, but not necesarry new LLs...well Ghorgon,Jabberslythe?

Skavens
    +CA recently said they ha
    +Thanquol might appear, not soon
    +more appearance in Old World?
    ..all this is for me hinting Clan Moulder with ME base in Hell Pit and probably under Thrott the Unclean with Giant Rats, (armored) Rat Ogres, Chimearats? Broodhorrors, Burrowing Behemonts and new skaven teams Poison-Wind Mortals or Warp-Grinders

Lizardmen
    +CA hinted that Slanns will shine more in future
    ..LLs have plenty options... Slann mages with more lores. Units are easy with Razordon, Troglodon, Dread Saurian (we probably won´t see my personal must..Thunder Lizard )
    ..LL i would pick GorRok due to him being close to TT but Nakai, Oxyotl offers further variations.

High Elves
    ..I like High Elves and there is still a lot to pick from. Eltharion or maybe Imrik both offer interesting options, we are missing Anointed of Asuryan and Archmages for different lores while unitss can easily be filled with White Lion Chariot amd we still missing any LL with dragon as mount option (go team Imrik go!)

Dark Elves
    ..personally, there is not much left. I would pick Malus Darkblade and Medusas

So question is, if Ca really wants to add mixed Lord Packsor we are getting main two LLs from Wh2 and only FLC/update will be reserved for Wh1 races. On one hand CA has option to offer Wh2 players taste of Wh1 with new/old faction on Vortex, at the same time it is probably easier to make FLC for Wh2 races as that is content for everyone...And there will be still question how to play Wh1 faction, where significant part is hidden behind another DLC, (RoR, LLs..)

Because the LLs must be also on Vortex campaign map. (ME is not problem at all but keep in mind not everybody has it..) For example H. Elves/Greenskins are easy. Grom the Paunch leading invasion of Ulthuan against Eltharion the Grim. But look at Greenskin/Empire presence on Vortex. There are pockets, a few very distant minor factions...I´m not sure selling DLC just for ME is viable option. Maybe FLC can be just ME...

Empire, WE? Beastmen can be in theory moved around quite easily due to being a horde, but We and Empire have both token appearance only in Southlands (again) around Oreon´s Camp and Suddenburg. So one possibility would be, if the new Lord packs were following current model, two main LLs from Wh2 factions while thrid major one as free update to older races...well it will be interesting anyway, how CA will tackle the problem. :-)

*and one note. Lord Kroat was LL in TT but is "hero" effectively in Wh2 while Tiktaq´To was hero in TT and is now LL in game...This is openening a lot possibilities.. :/

tl dr; If I have to make 3 DLCs....
    1)Magic - H Elves / Lizardmen / WE ..featuring Imrik (dragon) + Archmages / Oxyotl + Slann mages / Arial + Spellweavers
    2)Beast - D Elves / Skaven / Beastmen..featuring Malus + beastmaster / Throt + packamster? / Ghorros
    3)Civilization vs destruction Empire / Greenskins / WoC

if I have to make Famous LL show offs DLCs....
    1) Eltharion (H Elves) / Grom the Paunch (Greenskins)
    Last edited by Daruwind; May 07, 2019 at 05:17 AM.

We got two more new DLC entries into SteamDB. So there are 3 unknown DLCs at the moment.

The older DLC is the one Grace told us about. Plus usually, usually FLCs are added in different time then parent DLC...plus usually only some FLC (LLs and such bigger stuff, ME, maps) which require activation via steam are here for longer times. Historically a lot FLCs were added just a few days prior to the launch. So all this info means, we are probably going to get 3 more DLC down the line. We have no info about Wh3 pre-order (Norsca was added into SteamDB after long time as well) so that probably/possibly something down the line after those 3 entries.

Worst case scenario. 2 Lord Packs, 3rd is the "pre-order" for Wh3.
    The best case scenario 3 Lord Packs, possible another DLC down the line like pre-order bonus for Wh3.

Lord packs so far meant 2 LLs + FLC LL + free update to older stuff. Let´s say we remove the FLC LL, put there major update to older stuff with LL ;-) ....that´s still 3 LLs worth of changes per DLC. That´s 6 LLs worth of changes in just two Lord packs even the last DLC is whatever...Ca has just 8 factions to cover (+/-)
    Last edited by Daruwind; April 23, 2019 at 06:35 PM.

Well and we got yet another DLC entry into SteamDB...so there are in total 4 right now.

The oldest DLC entry is Ametyst Wizard according to SteamDB.
    https://steamdb.info/app/1036390/

So we are back to just three unknown DLC entries in SteamDB.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; May 17, 2019 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

The oldest DLC entry is Ametyst Wizard according to SteamDB.
    https://steamdb.info/app/1036390/

So we are back to just three unknown DLC entries in SteamDB.
    Any guesses about them?

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

For DE, we could have Malus Darkblade, with beastmasters and Medusa.
    For HE, we could have Eltharion or Imrik, + Archmage, Dragon mage, White Lion chariot, Skycutter.

Don't know enough about Skaven or Lizardmen. But propbably not immediately after P&W.

Tomb King seems relatively complete, except a generic caster lord, so I doubt we have them in a Lord Pack.

I doubt the touch Chaos or Kislev before game 3.

Araby won't go as a lord pack, that would require some new mechanism.

Other possible candidates:
    - TEB: if they don't do a DoW with some complex mercenarie mechanism, they could do a LP for TEB, with for exemple one LL for Tilea, one for Estalia, one for Border Princes, and a few new units (like Pikemen). and in Vortex, one could start in New world colonies. Would require a few animations, a few new props (like different helmets or shields), with some retexture of Empire/ Bretonnia.
    Pro: would flesh out an "empty" region, limited cost, and prepare the way for future DoW with more mechanism in Game3 (where they can also add ogre)
    Con: hard to put more than one LL in Vortex, and maybe to much like a race pack with 3 or 4 LL, and no "vs" them as in other lord pack.

They could also make LP including Empire or Greenskin. Could fit with the addition of regions in Empire.
    But that won't match with Vortex, so I doubt it.
    Empire/Greeskin may come as free update of old world factions, but unlikely as DLC.

I could image updated Empire as pre order DLC for Game 3, with new playable LL, new units, new mechanism... If the Game 3 map include a good part of the Empire, we don't know the extent yet.

It really depends on format of those "new" Lord packs. If they are 2 LLs as all packs up to now or if CA enlarge them to be for example 3 LLs or even mega packs with 4LLs? Plus we don´t know a thing about FLC, for all major DLCs so far the FLC was LL but it is not rule. Same with update for older factions, just look at Bretonnia, update without units/LL and compare it with Dwarfs/Vampires.

For example WE...they might get just Amber mechanics overhaul..or some units or even LL either as FLC or even part of LLs from DLC. Same with Beastmen. Empire/Greenskins require larger update and possibly even LL at least Empire.

But even with 2 DLCs, everything could be done..in theory:

DLC - 2 LLs FLC - LL Update No LL/LL
    1) HE + Greenskins /// Lizardmen /// Wood Elves

2) Skaven + Empire /// DE /// Beastmen

---------------------
    Any combination...this is heavily Beastmaster vs Empire, You have LLs for first three in Vortex and Empire update for ME for example..
    3) DE + Beastmen /// Skaven /// Empire

or any combination...and if we have more DLCs/Wh3 pre-order or if we have more LLs per Lord pack....

Patrician Artifex

Old Cathaty words of widsom :an image is worth a thousand world.

Let's apply it to the next DLC:

Last edited by Steph; May 22, 2019 at 06:08 AM.

Did they fixed the constant crashes? I stopped playing a while ago because the game was constantly with ctd, randomly when leaving battles and such. ( since the vampire dlcs i think).

Patrician Artifex

We should know more tomorrow or the day after

https://steamdb.info/app/1074320/

is really Hunter and the Beast, so the two other entries are probably FLC LL + "some old friends"

EDIT: plus FLC will be Kro-Gar, connection to SteamDB/Steam page is not yet available... but the implication of this move are huge. Two new LLs for Wh2 core race and one for Wh1 core race means we will probably see in total 4 Wh1/Wh2 crossover lord packs to add similar size content to all factions. Two more LLs for Skavens, HE, DE and one for Greenskins and probably WE and Beastmen.

Eltharion vs Grom + Imrik ...this is like natural connection so the next two might be
    Throt/Skweel vs + Thanquol?
    Malus vs + Rakarth?

I can justify Beastmen vs Skavens as well DE and then WE are with whoever will be the last

EDIT2: question is about previous Old world updates, I don´t think CA will do another update for Dwarfs,Vampires and Bretonnia when WE and Beastmen are without any..
    Last edited by Daruwind; August 29, 2019 at 02:57 PM.

So wrapping older part. 1083060 entry will be Gotrek and Felix

And while we don´t have more entries in steamDB we can speculate what we can expect further. Firstly a few hints from CA

-next Lord Pack, Christmas, no Old World Update
    -Greenskins are required to get similar size update like Empire and CA is keen on updating all factions
    -WH3 pre-order is not yet decided

1) So let´s say Greenskins will be next one after Christmas pack. Grom vs Eltharion still sounds like the match for DLC and FLC will probably follow Beast & Hunter so probably HE LL (Imrik?)

2) That will be leaving Skavens and DE and there are two ways what to do with them

a) The Christmas LP might be directly DE vs Skaven.
    Looking at DE natural popular vote will be Malus, (in case DE getting FLC LL Rakarth - beastlord motive will return he later)
    On Skaven side the obvious choice is missing clan Moulder and his units....so Thrott (master mutator) (Skweel is his packmaster, so possible legendary hero?), then of course Thanquol is missing and honorable mention is Deathmaster Snikch as his clam is also not playable but most of units are already ingame.

In this case I would imagine Malus vs Thrott in DLC and Thanquol as FLC due to his popurity. :-) But then I can imagine these two LP would be all. Maybe the second one will be WH3 pre-order (leaving WE/Beastmen update for WH3) or we will get faction pact after it. Like Araby? With another possible Old World Update leaving just one of WE/Beastmen for WH3.

b) We know there will be no Old World update, so no Greenskins, Beastmen, WE. Norsca is still probably fine, WoC need update and probably will get it down the line in WH3. This is leaving already updated faction. What if the just got LL and a few unit? So contenders are Dwarfs, Bretonnia and Vampire Counts. If we say the DE will probably get Malus, who might be natural opponent? All options sounds strange for him but for Skaven. Skaven vs Dwarfs - master mutator vs master engineer, that would be natural pair. Thrott can start anywhere (ME - Hellpit) while Dwarfs for Vortex might be leading expedition for Karak Zorn. So Thorek Ironbrown or someone like Malakai Makaisson? Plus Thanquol of course.

3) this 2b) option would allow later LP for DE and Beastmen again with "beast/master" theme. And one of biggest advantages is, such pack can be centered as one of few option on Naggaroth. Malus + one new Beastmen LL + FLC might be Rakarth

4) this would leave potential WE update for the wh3 pre-order which by this time might be as well Araby faction pack.
    Last edited by Daruwind; September 09, 2019 at 01:44 PM.

I am really glad they are pushing up the tempo for release of Warhammer content, there is real chance to complete and immortalize great world that ended too soon.

With so many options for Lord packs and even some races , I am hopeful for great things to come.

Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!

Patrician Artifex

We know that Beastmens, Wood Elves, Greenskins all require an update, and next DLC, before Christmas doesn't include an OW update, but only technical and QoL improvement.

I agree that it's likely GS will probably paired with HE.

Sinze they did Lizardmen recently (twice), the next LP could be DE + Skaven.

I'm not sure it will have many units, maybe just a few to complement these two factions, with heavier focus on the OW update mechanism.

Patrician Artifex

Additional very important info
    - Mercenary can be added via script. No need to use startpos... This means we could have new RoR, or auxiliaries, in a much easier way. Expect some mdos to use this. This will probably include SWO-RD at some point.

- If you read the latest blog, CA is talking about dynamic starting position. This also uses script, with new functions. We don't have details yet, but

"We were also super aware of the fact that, when we created this script, it would be a hugely useful tool for our modding community. Being able to customise each faction’s individual starts opens up tonnes of possibilities for interesting scenarios for the starts of campaigns. Developing with this interest in mind meant that we could make the script very easy to use and include a tutorial at the top of the script to help modders understand ways to use it.

And that’s how we use custom-written scripts to adjust and improve the starting scenarios of all your favourite Legendary Lords!"

This could open a lod of door to mod things much more easily.

- CA is adding an option to have script using effect bundle with parameters. This is also a very important news. What I plan to do with manpower will be greatly facilitate by this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast