Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Warhammer 2 possible DLC(s) SteamDB

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Warhammer 2 possible DLC(s) SteamDB

In the AMA today, CA strongly hinted that they could release something for Christmas

Two hours ago CA added two more DLCs on the steamdb

https://steamdb.info/app/594570/dlc/

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

There are as well two new branches - raven and bacon. Funny fact, description of bacon was "christmas stuffing for elves", the description is now removed...

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...-on-steamdb/p1
    Sadly I was not quick enought to check it myself so cannot confirm it but
    Last edited by Daruwind; September 11, 2019 at 05:14 AM.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

1158180 entry is The Shadow and the Blade DLC now
    https://steamdb.info/app/1158180/
    1158181 is stil unknown entry but very possibly it could be the FLC LL

EDIT: FLC LL is for Bretonnia, now that is interesting :-)

So to recap stuff:
    Old world updates so far:
    Dwarfs - updated, new unique starting position (Ungrim Ironfist)
    Vampires - updated, new unique starting position (Heinrich Kemmler)
    Bretonnia - updated, + new LL (Repanse de Lyonesse)
    Empire - updated, new unique starting position (Balthasar Gelt), + new LL (Markus Wulfhart)

and in second Lord Packs rounds for Wh2 races we got so far:

Hunter and Beast - 2x LL for Lizardmen, 1x LL Empire
    Shadow and Blade - 1x LL for DE, 1x LL Skaven, 1x LL Bretonnia
    we know we will get Greenskins next year (March-April) and remaining Wh2 core race and the best pairing is still HE so it will be probably like
    Eltharion the Grim vs Grom the Paunch + HE FLC LL is probably Imrik and Greenskins unique starting position to keep style so far is easily Azhag the Slaughterer

So Grim and Grom - 2x LL for HE, 1x LL for Greenskins
    Greenskins - updated, new unique starting position (Azhag the Slaughterer), + new LL (Grom the Paunch)

Now this is interesting from a few points
    1) DE/Skaven are getting 1 less LL than HE/Lizardmen (especially Skaven are missing whole Clan Moulder with Throt/Skweel and Thanquol as well)
    2) New LL for Bretonnia is hinting that WE/Beastmen might get new one
    3) Norsca is "completed" more or less like Vampire Coast,Tomb Kings and if we consider Warriors of Chaos to get update with Wh3, only remaining factions without update after Greenskins are again WE/Beastmen

Clan Moulder would be another great pair with Beastmen with whole "beast" theme but not sure about DE/WE pairing right now. But right question is, do we have time for two more DLCs? (Technically 3 with the HE/Greenskins) I think yes because: Troy is already announced for 2020 release. If CA is having like 6 months announce period for Troy, that is getting us to April-May-June. But we have so far no announcement for Wh3 and looking back there were never two titles in one year. So let´s say CA will announce Wh3 with HE/Greenskins DLC with release in one year.

So getting HE/Greenskins DLC in March/April means next one in another 4-5 months which is like July/September 2020 and that is leaving enought time for team to make one more DLC for January/February. It could be pre-order DLC ala Norsca at worst ..in such case we will probably see Wh3 release around March/April, if CA will try to release Wh3 for traditional May-September...that might mean we will be getting additional DLC as pre-order.

tl dr; I think we will get 3 more DLCs. Possibly 4.
    Last edited by Daruwind; November 27, 2019 at 10:09 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Info out on Steam DLC pa!

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-...the-blade-faq/

And the FLC is... Repanse of Lyonesse!!! No one saw her coming...
    Last edited by Steph; November 27, 2019 at 09:45 AM.

I know we are getting Bret LL ;-) but in steamDB the entry is yet unknown... so either the 1158181 is next DLC and FLC entry will be inserted later as CA often do with FLC entries or 1158181 is the FLC entry indeed but we cannot say now

EDIT : and BTW i´m editing my previous post with little theorycrafting and point about Bret FLC is there as well

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Troy will probably be early summer 2020, then an announcement for WH3 either at EGX in March (CA likes to announce stuff there) or E3 (less likely, unless they want to wait for Troy to be released first). Then another 6 months at least before release means September 2020 at the earliest, most likely spring to summer 2021. So I'd say there's plenty of time for the missing WH2 factions still.

If I'm correct, someone quote me in 2 years.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Actually CA always announce just one thing so yeah, we can expect Wh3 announcement after Troy release. And release window really seems to be between Sping-Autumn 2021. Which is a lot time for lot DLCs even at current pace... We will see
    Last edited by Daruwind; November 27, 2019 at 02:47 PM.

But I admit you are right Steph as the 1158181 entry was updated a few hours ago and while it is just change of numbering, this usually means the entry is being worked on... so yeah, very likely it is FLC https://steamdb.info/app/1158181/history/

Patrician Artifex

I've said several times we'd got Game 3 in 2021, and we have time for more DLC.
    I imagined a second HE/DE, with for DE Malus, Medusa, Scourunner, and Beastmasters. I was spot on for DE. Just missed their opponent a little...

I agree that the next one is like HE/GS, and for HE it would be too hard to decide between Imrik and Eltharion. So I guess we'll get both, one as DLC, one as FLC. Unless CA pull pu Tyrion's squire princess Eldyra of Tiranoc, to have a second female HE lord... And Repanse creates an interesting precedent, because we have a free LL, AND a free LH. So this could be repeated in the future.
    Units could by the White Lion Chariot + Skycutters. And they could at least add the Archmage as lord, and maybe Annointed or Dragon mage as hero.

Then we could have WE, DE or Beastmen to rework. Maybe with a new Skaven LL (Throt and Moulder).

As for pre order, to possible DLC
    - Kislev
    - TEB.

I know CA said no race DLC are planned for Game 2. So no Kislev probably, except as pre order.

However, I've been thiking recently that if Kislev is more a race material, with many new units, new lore, new many things.... Maybe TEB are not in the same league.
    What's they'd need!
    - LL: I hope 4, one for Tilea, one for Estalia, one border prince, and one new world colonies.
    - Some units: but they could be based mostly on a mix of Bretonnia / Empire. Maybe at some pikemen with a more fitted animation, add some helmets/cloths to make them a bit more distinctive, and retexture.
    - They don't need a very complex mechanism. Maybe work from the vampire mercenary system to add some mercenaries to them.
    - Some region reworks

So TEB maybe an additional condidate for a DLC to pair with another faction. Not as a full race, but as a flesh out of Empire-based placholders.

I see that Wood Elves are still being neglected, only having two legendary lords while Dark Elves are now going to have 5.

Patrician Artifex

Dark Elves are a game 2 core race. WE a DLC for game 1. Do you find this surprising?

Actually FLC LL for Bretonnia is the best that could happen for WE and Beastmen. If Bretonnia got update + new LL then there is the case for other Wh1 lacking races to get it as well. Up to now there were real possibility only Wh1 races getting new LL would be Empire and Greenskins, not any more. We just have to wait. Next are Greenskins to finish all core Wh1 races. Then I see two DLC for Beastmen and WE for updating them and adding new LL. :-)

Dwarfs - updated, unique starting LL (Ungrim)
    Vampires - updated, unique starting LL (Kemmler)
    Empire - updated, unique starting LL (Gelt), + new LL (Markus)
    Bretonnia - updated, + new LL (Repanse)

next DLC
    Greenskins - updated, unique starting LL (Azhag 100%), + new LL (Grom?)

Norsca is basically 100% completed, Warriors of Chaos will probably get big overhaul in Wh3, which is leaving.....WE/Beastmen as next biggest lacking factions.

Plus very good questions is, if we are getting such DLCs after HE/Greenskins...what factions will be paired?

Skaven (Clan Moulder - Throt/Skweel) vs Beastmen aka Beast vs Master Mutator, CA can easily add non-related FLC LL like Repanse....like Dwarf for example because I think they will keep Thanquol for somthing better, and Rakarth is out as basically beastmaster theme for DE is in this next DLC...
    WE (Ariel) vs .....Imrik? Thanquol? aka magic vs magic? ....Ooooor Ariel vs Neferata aka Goddes of Nature vs Immortal Queen? Queen of Lahmia vs Queen of Athen Loren? But no idea who can be then FLC....Tomb King? Missing DE LL? Lizardmen like Tetto'eko?

I think we will see definitely Skaven, Beastmen and WE. That is leaving like 3 LL slots for whatever we can imagine...

Plus if we are getting pre-order for Wh3, that might be FLC LL as well..depends if it will be Norsca like or just for Wh3...
    Last edited by Daruwind; November 28, 2019 at 09:10 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Just saw a gameplay video on Twitch. Snitch can dispatch ennemy heroes very quickly... And the Avalance RoR units is terriffic. One volley: half the HP of a grail knight unit gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Actually CA always announce just one thing so yeah, we can expect Wh3 announcement after Troy release. And release window really seems to be between Sping-Autumn 2021. Which is a lot time for lot DLCs even at current pace... We will see
    You are right, CA never announces a new game, before the previous one has been released. Troy will probably be published sometime in spring (April, I suspect), but I doubt Warhammer's III announcement will be much delayed. May, June or July seem like the strongest candidates to me. Given that the time between announcement and release for expansions is around half a year (for instance, five months for Attila and slightly less than six months for Warhammer), I believe that Warhammer III is going to be released either in late 2020 or, at worst, in early 2021. Definitely before March 2021, for budget reasons. In my opinion, their goal probably revolves around the weeks before Christmas, so they can exploit the consumerist explosion of the winter holidays. It may get delayed, though, similarly to Three Kingdoms and its DLC packs.

As for the number, maximum one is three, but that sounds as a rather over-optimistic estimation. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if there are concrete plans for only the next DLC (featuring the High Elves and the goblins). The rest probably depends on several factors, ranging from the success (or failure) of Troy, the DLCs of Three Kingdoms and Warhammer and the mood of the Warhammer fandom in social media. If the Saga game and the chapter packs prove to be more profitable than Warhammer, while the reddit mob remains calm, there's a strong possibility of the next Lord pack being the final one. To be frank, the factions have already started to get exhausted, while even the otherwise great enthusiasm for the murderous mouse and the sociopath Dark Elf gives me the impression of being slightly smaller than that for the Imperial Hunters and the dragon-riding lizards. I could of course be mistaken, but I still doubt we are going to surpass number two, as two DLC packs, each released in spring and summer/early autumn look more than enough to maintain patience for Warhammer III. The thirst of the latest months will be easily satisfied by the hype and the promotional material for the third and final member of the fantasy trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
    As for the number, maximum one is three, but that sounds as a rather over-optimistic estimation. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if there are concrete plans for only the next DLC (featuring the High Elves and the goblins). The rest probably depends on several factors, ranging from the success (or failure) of Troy, the DLCs of Three Kingdoms and Warhammer and the mood of the Warhammer fandom in social media. If the Saga game and the chapter packs prove to be more profitable than Warhammer, while the reddit mob remains calm, there's a strong possibility of the next Lord pack being the final one. To be frank, the factions have already started to get exhausted, while even the otherwise great enthusiasm for the murderous mouse and the sociopath Dark Elf gives me the impression of being slightly smaller than that for the Imperial Hunters and the dragon-riding lizards. I could of course be mistaken, but I still doubt we are going to surpass number two, as two DLC packs, each released in spring and summer/early autumn look more than enough to maintain patience for Warhammer III. The thirst of the latest months will be easily satisfied by the hype and the promotional material for the third and final member of the fantasy trilogy.
    You are very right that it always depends on performance of previous DLC (or two). But given Shadow/Blade DLC was again in top 10 sellers a few days ago... https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...sellers_again/ then HE DLC especially in case of HE FLC ..will sell like nothing else. HE are one of most popular Wh2 race for average guy. I think CA will evaluate plans after those two DLC and i can easily see something more....year without content when you have team and customers, that is bad combinations. Especially as Wh2 is the best product right now. 3K got little problems, question is if players will return with next DLC after Christmas...and Troy is still in the wind.

We are still missing very popular characters - Throt and Thanquol. Thanquol is basically Malus 2#. Imrik and Eltharion will probably be in HE/Greenskins DLC. Technically Clan Moulder can be Wh3 preorder but then CA will still need somebody as opponent and FLC LL as well (Thanquol?) ...but with current things, team will pop up such DLC in 4-5 months...so what exactly they will do next half year? Doing Troy preorder? First DLC? Unlikely..switching between games on the fly. That´s big Norsca warning :-)

My recent idea about Ariel vs Neferata just got nice bonus with today excursion into Dark Lands. Adding Silver Spine is just quick work after that...

Definitely not a chance for Thanquol or any other lord of an already released faction to be marketed as a pre-order DLCs. If that happens, I will eat my hat, Rockerduck-style. Pre-order DLCs are always unique and as popular as possible, in order to motivate the customers to sacrifice their interests for the sake of obtaining the privilege of acquiring access to a specific faction freely. Sparta and the two other extras, the Viking prequel, Chaos and Yellow Turbans indicate how important Creative Assembly considers pre-order incentives. Kislev remains the strongest candidate.

The remaining half-year between a hypothetical announcement in June and the release in December can be relatively easily filled with an Ajax/Penthesilea/Nestor/Memnon pack for Troy, provided that the second installation of the Saga franchise proves to be more successful than Throb, the Vietnamese pachyderms for Three Kingdoms and some minor updates. Most companies usually aim for content drought during the period preceding major releases, with the objective of allowing the advertisement campaign to monopolise the interest of the potential customers. There are exceptions, of course, like the April Warhammer II DLC, but that's mostly the result of unforeseen delays and in any case never concerns similar titles. Of course, my little hypothesis aside, there's still a strong possibility that CA will continue to invest on these DLCs, but I personally remain a bit pessimist regarding the prospects of such a policy in the long-term. Rats with biological weapons certainly have an appeal, but highlighting them in social media for almost 4 years without interruption can gradually become a tad tiresome. I don't even play the damn game, but I already began to imagine phosphor-oozing rodents while crossing the university campus.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; December 02, 2019 at 02:14 PM.

I get the argument about pre-order race. It is almost a tradition up to now. R2/Attila, Wh1/Wh2, 3K. But that is almost only argument that it must be a race/faction. Where I see problem is that unless the new race/faction is only for game 3 and not like Norsca available for Wh2, then the CA might be limited how to put it on Wh2 map. And they cannot use ME map as not everybody has that. CA must assume Vortex map as Wh2 default and that is limiting possible new race/faction additions. What are our beloved candidates? Kislev, Araby, DoW/Southern Realms. First two are easily 2 LL factions but there is no way to put Kislev on Vortex, only on ME. Southern Realm is also not on Vortex and while DoW might get in, CA would need to separate DoW and Southern Realms because later is easily 4 LL faction. And DoW with all strange units from all over place, ogres...for me Southern Realms is easily 4 LL faction for Wh3 heck even possible core race. (Good, humanlike). And Araby? Just recall recent CA comments...they are unlikely.

So how can CA get around this in creative way? Well first easy option is Lord Pack. If the next one is really HE/Greenskins and if CA really plans no more stuff, we are clearly missing Clan Moulder with Throt, Thanquol and Beastmen, WE updates. Thanquol can be easily in game 3 with Verminlord and "world-goes-boom" schemes so why not having pre-order Lord pack as Throt + something and tie in at least one update for one old race? There is nothing preventing CA from linking other update(s) with some free update(s) in mean time without actual DLCs. Remember.. some updates for Wh1.

Or there could even be Lord Pack for Wh1 races. ( ala https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co..._the_preorder/ ) I know it is unlikely but we are clearly missing Todbringer, Neferata, dwarfs as well could get new LL. If game 3 is featuring Kislev, then Middenheim, Silver Spine and some dwarf strongholds are pretty surely on the campaign map. Just saying. CA likes to do unexpecting things. I´m almost doubting next LP will be HE/Greenskins..almost

I looking back at end of 2017/2018 we can see amount of content CA was pushing out:

Empire Divided - 30 Nov 2017
    Desert Kingdoms - 8 March 2018
    Rise of Republic - 9 August 2018

ToB - 3 May 2018

Norsca - 10 August 2017
    (30th Birthday RoRs + Foundation update )

Wh2 - 28 September 2017

ME - 26 October 2017
    Tomb Kings - 23 January 2018
    Queen and Crone - 31 May 2018
    Curse of Vampire Coast - 8 Nov 2018

My point is, with current pace of content for Wh2/3K/Troy..it will be still slower pace than 2017/2018. Because what we can expect next year? 1 DLC for Wh2 surely (greenskins), Troy, ..possibly 1 Troy DLC because CA is not pushing DLC right after game releases. 2 more 3K DLCs? Or 3? We might as well see 2 Wh2 DLCs because they are selling like nothing else so far. 3K DLC was not such hit, Troy is still in the stars...
    Last edited by Daruwind; December 04, 2019 at 07:54 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Pre Order could be Southern Ream with 4 LL
    - One each for Tilea, Estalia, Border Princes. Playable in Game1, ME, and maybe in Vortex with a start position on Northern Coast or Araby
    - One for new World colonies.

But I think it also as to be playable in Game 3, and this requires knowing what is the map extent.

FLC Repanse is now displayed in Steam and DLC entry 1158181 is really her so Steph was right and we can now fully say so
    https://steamdb.info/app/1158181/

By this of course there are no more unknown DLCs entries and we are again waiting for CA to insert so new cookies
    Last edited by Daruwind; December 05, 2019 at 09:18 AM.

Patrician Artifex

She starts in Copher (coast of Araby) on both maps, stealing a region from Knights of the Flame or Thegan's Crusader.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast