Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Warhammer 2 possible DLC(s) SteamDB

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Warhammer 2 possible DLC(s) SteamDB

I was having break in work and realize after reading a few threads that there might be more DLC for WH2 than we think.

For start some useful links where I was digging info. You don´t need to explore them unless you are interested.
    WH2 steam db: https://steamdb.info/app/594570/dlc/
    WH1 steam db: https://steamdb.info/app/364360/dlc/
    nice discussion at TW forum: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...hat-is-next/p1

The pattern for FLC is the same as with WH1, they are added at the last possible time. Probably as they cost no money to obtain they might have different setup at steam. On opposite side all planned DLC are usually inserted way before.

There are still two old DLC/FLC from WH1 - Norsca and 30th RoR regiments. The lowest two entries, both were remove from packages 6 month ago around announcing that Norsca is *delayed*. 594603 appears to be Norsca with multiple Norsca mentions and comparing history with WH1 Norsca DLC there are very very similar packages. Norsca sits well with AppID as we can easily see pattern with added WH1 DLC/FLCs with just ID increasing by 1 number. Actually by checking WH1 Norsca DLC we can easily found that DLC was set up in March 2016 long time before announcing actual Norsca DLC. May be it was unsure side project for long time?
    WH2 594603 - Probably Norsca DLC https://steamdb.info/app/594603/history/
    WH1 Norsca DLC - https://steamdb.info/app/455040/history/

732960 is then probably 30th RoR, by checking WH1 FLC, it looks like 30th RoR were last time addition, long after steam DB was set up for WH2 so that´s probably reason why 30th RoR for WH2 is sitting there with different AppID. By checking history 732960, we can see it was also removed from packages 6 months ago and as this FLC was suppose to come with Norsca....it should be 30th RoR.
    WH2 732960 - https://steamdb.info/app/732960/history/
    WH1 30th RoR - https://steamdb.info/app/635350/history/

And that´s leaving 5 entries for possible future DLCs:
    -Two are probably Lord Packs,Grace_CA actually comfirmed long ago that they are working on more than one Lord pack. Another DLC then might be Race Pack and then maybe one "Bretonnia" free update leaving another DLC in complete speculation...Of course we can again try to discuss which faction, LL we might get etc. but for that we usually try to analyse in-game campaign map, not steam DB. If I should make my calls. Lord packs are already covered in million discussions. We will see HE/DE, Skavens/Lizardmen plus HE/DE/Lizardmen FLC LL.

Some ideas what we may see:
    -Araby is prime candidate to be added due to land being depicted in both Vortex/ME campaign but it would yet another faction in Southlands. WH2 DLCs must work like addition in Vortex map primary and of course in ME as well. But CA has no problem moving stuff around but only concerning LLs as we see with Skavens and TK. Araby is in the very same boat as Norsca was so probably that could be the free update ala Bretonnia?
    -There are some hints about Southern Realms (technologies for Norsca, Miragliano being 10 slot city for AI faction...) - Estalia/Tilea/Border Princes? with many possible ties to Dogs of War, Mercenaries, RoR, Rogue Armies...easily including elements like Amazons or New World Colonies. One problem is, their homeland is not depicted in Vortex. Compare it again with Araby,Tomb Kings. Both might be very easily represented in Vortex and ME. So it would be like main addition for ME with just parts being available in Vortex through New World Colonies or such?
    -The last popular theory might be about adding new sub faction for WH1 old factions. With Giant Slayers we can see CA is trying to improve old faction but there still might be space for yet bigger addition. Like Vampire Coast, Suddenburg,...
    -The craziest idea I might have is actually about Skavens. (Such craziness is actually befitting fury bastards ) If you remember old data leaked info, Skaven were supposed to be DLC for WH2. What if they are another race DLC. CA said that they will ditch minicampaign for more LLs but the formulation was such, that it could be case only for TK. Skavens on other hand are offering still so many clans, LLs that even with Lord pack on the way we might find another 2-3-4 very good LLs for different clans. Minicampaign can depict possible struggle for dominance in under-empire, we cannot do justice to under-empire without ME map and even that would be some serious simplification. They is no problem moving LL around in Vortex campaign as we see with Trentch plus we have multiple great Skaven Locations in ME (Hellpit,SkavenBlight...). This is of course very wild theory but Skavens are only possible faction able to pull it out with so many clans,characters...We should get only one more LL from Lord pack and still have plenty of Great clans to go: Skyre, Moulder, Eshin (only Pestilence is in with lesser Warlord clans Rictus and Mors) ..and of course missing special snowflake Thanquol proably as Gray Seers/Emissary of Council of Thirteen..

I tried not to list everything rather showing different approaches CA can take to these DLC.. :-)

Last edited by Daruwind; April 26, 2018 at 08:29 AM.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Warhammer 2 possible DLC(s) SteamDB

Apart from the certain Lord+unit packs, especially for the High Elves, the thing that I really want is the Southern Realms. An overhaul of the WH1 races and Old World would be welcome as well, especially the Empire could do with some more. Maybe some more uniqueness to the different Imperial region/factions other than the few unique buildings we currently have. Also Kislev (Kislev (Kislev (Kislev))) but I'm presuming that's linked to WH3.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

If for WH2 DLC, we should consider stuff that could fit on Vortex and ME map, which is more than reasonnable assumption, then this rule Kislev out, and also upgrade of Old World. They may add a few minor stuff such as the Giant Slayers (after all, Dwarves units are lso in ME or Vortex), but I don't imagine big changes before WH3.

If we also consider that the smallest changes can be in not yet planned FLC, (things like one lord pack), my guess for the 5 planned DLC are
    - Norsca
    - HE/DE large pack with LL and units.
    - Araby seems likely, there's a lot of demands, it's on both maps, with enough room for them
    - Amazons. It could fit on both maps, in area which are not so crowded at the moment.
    - ? it could be Albion, but first it's not on ME map, and second it's a small area even on Vortex map, so I think chances are slim. So maybe DoW, with bonus units for Estalia/Tilea? Not a complet race pack, maybe something with a few LL and units to make it a little unique, but reusing units from Empire and Bretonia so it doesn't use up too many resources. Although they are not really on the Vortex map, they could be used for Sartosa or some of the colonies.

As for WH3, I still think we'll have at launch
    - Chaos Dwarves
    - Chaos Gods (only one race, but several Gods later as FLC and DLC, may be with some unique units each?)
    - Ogre
    - Cathay

And then as DLC Kislev (coming soon after release, maybe even as pre order bonus?), maybe Nippon
    Last edited by Steph; April 27, 2018 at 01:50 AM.

With Three Kingdoms in development it's extremely unlikely they'll add in Cathay, and they're certainly not going to do it as a launch faction given there's no official army books on them. That leaves 3 Chaos-aligned factions on your list and that seems unlikely, as who would they fight in their campaign?
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Well for WH3 races/factions we have already nice discussion in similar thread:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...in-Warhammer-3
    I would especially suggest post:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15556395

Back to WH2, I´m not quite sure about Albion and Amazons viability at all. Amazons have like one regiment for Dogs of War and honestly they would probably work the best in that way as part of bigger Dogs of War, just another RoR. And Albion is more likely mini campaign settings. Except Truthsayers and Dark Emissaries and Fen beasts, nothing unique. Old factions. Plus there is only one region on Vortex campaign map. I don´t think CA would enlarge it even to have two regions.. :/ Just compate is with theoretical Tile/Estalia/Dogs of War faction. They can easily start in many different locations like Araby,Lustria (Pizzaro´s lost legion, New World Colonies..), many RoR like Amazons, Ogres...

Patrician Artifex

Does Norsca has a full official army list? CA produced a full roster anyway. They could make an army iist for Amazons / Albions, there are some unofficial army books for them.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_R...BpZ3F3OFk/view
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_R...VjWkdvQTA/view

With Three Kingdoms in development it's extremely unlikely they'll add in Cathay, and they're certainly not going to do it as a launch faction given there's no official army books on them. That leaves 3 Chaos-aligned factions on your list and that seems unlikely, as who would they fight in their campaign?
    On the opposite. Once Three Kingdoms is done, they could reuse alot of assets and make "look alike" basic units (infantry, cavalry) to make a Cathay army at low cost. They'd just have to add constructs and other beasts. And Cathay also has an unofficial book.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_R...xLZXlQWVE/view

We already know WH3 will cover an eastern part of the world (they certainly won't redo parts already done in 1 and 2), and as you pointed, Chaos Gods, Chaos Dwarves are chaos aligned (I think Ogres are neutral), so we'd need an order aligned faction to balance it. One more reason to have Cathay. Or Kislev, but I think Kislev could be the first DLC

779880 is the Queen and the Crone DLC, next week we should see about Norsca and 30th RoR. :-)

Plus for whatever reason they are adding Sartosa onto ME campaign map. Adding it just for new dwarven landmark building? It should expand Tilea province from 2 to 3 regions (Miragliano + Luccini) and could it be actually a hint for Southern Realms?
    Last edited by Daruwind; May 22, 2018 at 01:54 AM.

Patrician Artifex

It's funny how Sartosa is close to Tilea, but still appear in the Vortex campaign without any part of the old world.

Aaaaaa crap. Alith Anar FLC is in steam DB and it is 794110. I believe it is due to changes in FLC roadmap. HE FLC was planned then shuffle for the future and then again back, so we are getting it right now with first Lord pack, so probably it was added into steamdb long before it should be.....anyway it is eating up one possible entry for possible DLC. :/ I´m sad. Good news is probably that other FLCs are not already there. We are still expecting one Lord pack, 2 FLC and another campagin/race pack at least..
    https://steamdb.info/app/794110/

Besides that 594603 and 732960 are showing changes in last days so they are probably really Norsca and 30th RoR DLCs. Current situation looks like:
    Last edited by Daruwind; May 24, 2018 at 11:05 AM.

Prediction was partically correct - 594603 is really Norsca and 732960 is 30th RoR, but what´s more 794111 is another FLC and that is Bone Giant for TKs. So as of now, we have only two unknown DLCs ahead. One of them being probably another Lord Pack...Which is leaving only one more DLC after that.

Patrician Artifex

I hope it is not the monstruous secret...

We have Lord Pack, two FLC LLs and Secret ahead. Still I don´t like the look right now. Best case scenario might be Lord pack + Southern Realms with WH3 preorder bonus being Araby (adding later into DB...still means it is not already set in stone. )
    Last edited by Daruwind; May 31, 2018 at 07:16 PM.

Good news, blogpost confirmed next will be campaign DLC. (Plus Lord pack from previous statement and logic.. Plus preorder WH3 something plus maybe Bretonnia update free faction or more likely some new LLs...) So I´m once more happy about future.. :-)

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/what-t...g-on-june-2018

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Please keep updating this thread!

Okay so I shall predict next DLC: Snake and the Rat.

Next DLC: DOW.

Next DLC: Araby.

Patrician Artifex

Next DLC is more likely to be a campaign. I personnally think it will be Southern Realms. Then Lizardmen/Skaven leader packs, and after that Araby

Predictions from me: Araby, Dogs of War, and Vampire Coast for new factions, possibly more, Legendary lord Packs, Rat and the Serpant (Prophet of Sotek vs Thanquil or Ikit Claw) the Grim and the Green (Grom the Pounch vs Eltharion the Grim) FLC lords: Gor-rak, Kurt Helburg, Malus Darkblade, Ludwig Schwartzhelm, Grim Burlocksson, Joseph Bugman, Ikit Claw or Thanquil, Lokir Fellheart, Gorbad Ironclaw, Surtha Ek, and others that I can't remember, possible DLC units hopefully Halflings, as well as Knightly Orders for Empire, Charybdis, Bloodrack Medusa and Shrine amongst other things
    Supreme Commander of the Galactic Federation, Emperor of the Virtupets Empire, Star King
    Certified Genius
    M L I G: Mandy Luxe is the Greatest
    Erasiel Darkar is OP! Never will be nerfed! He is Winx

Hey guys. I have been thinking about something: since the Kharibdyss came out as a part of the latest Lord Pack, making it unbalanced in terms of content per race (4 new units for the DE vs. 3 for the HE), do you think we can later expect an additional free HE unit for the owner of that DLC?

For the owner of DLC definitely no, they stated it on chart what the dlc pack contains , as for free or paid dlc anything is possible along the way if they want to keep interested fans of other races when Warhammer 3 comes out. Only thing kinda sure for flc is Dark Elf and Lizardmen lord.

Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!

FLC updated array is out, showing two more LLs and two hidden FLCs. Last two LLs were accompanied by Map pack and Unit...those two hidden are probably in similar way smaller things. So...DB is showing two more unknown entries, we know about two more LLs and two small FLCs with them....pointing out that we will get only two more DLC+ FLC LL+FLC something small. DLCs will be as we know now a Race pack + Lord pack. So far no indication about possible Norsca faction for WH2 or Bretonnia free update...

Patrician Artifex

What is sad here is that Mortal Empire was important... Alith Anar also... but everything else.
    Laboratory or multiplayer pack... never really used.
    Bone Giant: nice, but to use a full slot for that...

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast