Told you, guys:
Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
Absolutely zero chance of another campaign DLC for Warhammer II.
Nah, I shouldn't gloat, because I had also come to believe that one more faction DLC was likely. I feel a bit sad for Grace, because, although she copy-pasted the same comment multiple times in reddit, some white-knights, in a remarkable show of oratory skills, still try to distort her announcement into actually meaning more races for the Warhammer franchise (perhaps it would be a DLC or Araby and co. will later be included in Warhammer III etc.). CA's choice is interesting, as it has certainly received a lot of negative feedback from disappointed fans, whose wishes were denied. The crux of the matter probably lies in the fact that the principal goal of the future DLCs (Grace used plural to refer to the lord packs, therefore implying more than one) is to appease the fandom, during the drought between the end of Warhammer II development and the release of its successor. Unit DLCs do not require as many resources as faction packs, which means that not only the expenses would be lower, but they also allow CA to publish an increased number of digital content, thus reducing the "blank space", when customers become frustrated over the absence of news. Another hypothetical argument is that the net profit of lord packs is actually larger, since their cost of production is so tiny, in comparison to the price the consumer is forced to pay to purchase it.