Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Warhammer 2 possible DLC(s) SteamDB

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Warhammer 2 possible DLC(s) SteamDB

And the show must go on....We got two new unknown DLC entries into SteamDB - 1209120 and 1209121
    https://steamdb.info/app/594570/dlc/

Judging from previous two DLCs+FLCs these are probably also DLC + accompanying FLC.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Let's hope CA keeps with a DLC every 3 months in 2020 until we have game 3 in 2021, enough to "finish" the core faction and rework the older one to have everything more or less at the same level before releasing game 3.

Something seems to be brewing in SteamDB. I was away so others noticed that this time:

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...oming_steamdb/
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...steamdb#latest

tl dr; SteamDB seems to have updated Press, Event and GamesWorkshop branches. There is no DLC entry so this seems to be just small FLC and it is probably for 12 days of Festag. Something like a unit (Bone Giant) or hero unit (Amethyst Wizard) probably not even LL. Or map or two.

So keep wishing maybe we will get small present

Patrician Artifex

I can imagine
    - Small "empire" update, with Gold Wizard, Boris playable, and/or Red Duke playable. Little new asset.
    - Bonus unit for DE: not really missing, so maybe a Rakath hero?
    Or somethhing else completly...

Patrician Artifex

From @CA_James

Hey! just to make sure you don't get your hopes up too much, there is no more new content coming for Warhammer this year.

DE shadowblade as Legendary Hero?

Thanquol as LL similar to Gotrek and Felix? Not sure...Thanquol can easily be full time LL in Wh3

Golden Wizards....not great not terrible..it could be a lot other things..

Amber rework for WE? Probably too big...

Maybe one unit aka Charybdis?

Or maybe nothing :/...... https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...omment_2560270

EDIT: you were faster Steph, it took me hour to finish comment

Patrician Artifex

I think if we got something, it's more liekly to be a patch to fix some of the outstanding issues + bugs introduced by latest DLC

New Wh2 DLC entry was just added to SteamDB - 1244670 :-)

So there are three unknown entries at the moment. Could it be content for Make war not Love event? Reason would be that one DLC entry was also added today for 3K. All DLCs lately were comming in pairs - DLC + FLC.
    Last edited by Daruwind; February 06, 2020 at 06:08 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Maybe... and it was asked several times if CA participate in MWNL even, and they din't say "no" yet... So maybe a surprise?

With the beta patch released yesterday, add a week to test it, and release it live with a small bonus for the event next week?

I suppose the other two added 2 months ago are comign DLC+FLC (probably HE/GS)

Truth is, last year CA stated there will be no MWNL event, not this year. So maybe. Definitely the DLC entry for 3K at the same day seems really suspicious to me.

Isabella von Carstein as LL for VC was added to Wh1 and map pack Steps of Isha for Wh2. So I think this is setting boundaries here - maps, LL..maybe unit or two or Hero

There's still room on the current campaign for Southern Realms & Kislev factions. There's even room for Albion since the area is on the map as well.

-Albion won´t happen. That is in the same bag as Araby, Halflings, Amazons. At best they might be featured as RoR for DoW/Southern Realms.
    -Kislev has problem with scope. It will probably happen but it is at best 2 LL faction. 3 LL if they will add completely new character ala Cylostra Or unless CA somehow link them via Scythians/Gospodars to Kurgans/Hung. But otherwise Kislev is 2 LL so with such size, it is like Norsca so Wh3 Pre-order would be great.
    -Southern Realms will probably happen. Probably with DoW as well. Because Cathay, Ind etc is not sure so only "gooder factions/human like" are Kislev and those.

Patrician Artifex

CA posted the Behind the scenes - group vocal January 28, then patch info 5 february, and update the 6 , and today Behind the Voices... Lots of communication on the forum suddenly: so it really seems we can expect something for next week.

Kislev would indeed be a good choice for a pre order bonus.

Cathay I think is still a strong possibility for a good guys.

So, Grace clarified that there are still at least two months before the announcement of the next Lord pack, which pretty much confirms that the Goblins/High Elves DLC will be released probably sometime in May.
    However, I appreciate the intent here, and I can tell you that we’re looking at April or May for any news of the next WH2 DLC – although please do keep in mind that development is always subject to change, so this is not set in stone.
    You can read the rest of her comments in the relevant thread, but it consists mainly of justifying their lack of transparency and is therefore not directly related to Warhammer. Anyway, in my opinion, a May release is a solid indication that there are at maximum two remaining Lord packs. The second one cannot be released before next autumn, while the winter will be dedicated to the marketing of Warhammer III. In fact, even a second lord pack is a bit doubtful, considering that the last part of the trilogy would be revealed sometime before October (even spring is a likely date).

Finally, I wonder how a May release will influence the scheduling of Troy and the upcoming DLC for Three Kingdoms featuring the conflict between Cao Cao and Lü Bu in the central plains. Honestly, given the January release of Mandate of Heaven, the fact that there will only be two 3K DLCs for 2020 and that the release trailer and date of Troy are not going to be released in February, I wouldn't be surprised if there's nothing to satisfy the social media thirst for new content during the next three months. Taking into consideration the already existent dissatisfaction over the lack of contact, the upcoming weeks may be a bit awkward for the public relations department of Creative Assembly.

Patrician Artifex

On what are you basing this statement " the last part of the trilogy would be revealed sometime before October ". I personally don't expect Game 3 before 2021. Probably around the summer

I expect next DLC release around end of May, and then another one 5 months later (so October).

And last a pre order DLC for Game 3 remease.

Two new DLC entries into SteamDB...so there are again 4. The 1244670 entry is strange, it was added yesterday but like retrospectively being 30 days old...lol

Anyway it is probably again combo of DLC+FLC. Now we know that next DLC is around May...this next DLC might be another 4-6 months? So around September-November 2020? But when will Wh3 be out? Norsca as preorer was August 2017 with Wh2 release date September 2017. However Troy is comming out...and Wh3 is not yet announced. CA will announce Wh3 after Troy release date, with some delay so basically there is no room to release Wh3 2020...so 2021

R2 - Sept 2013
    Attila - Feb 2015
    Wh1 - May 2016
    Wh2 - Sept 2017
    ToB - May 2018
    3K - May 2019

Wh1 was officially announced April 22, 2015 - release date May 24, 2016
    Wh2 was officially announced March 2017 - release date 28 September 2017
    3K was officially announced January 11, 2018 - original release date second half of 2018, real one May 23, 2019

So at least 6+ months to announce Wh3 and CA likes May and September to release stuff. For me it is pointing into Wh3 being around May 2021, which means this just added DLC is not preorder at all....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Daruwind; March 07, 2020 at 06:14 AM.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, a spring 2021 release seems the most likely option to me as well.

SteamDB got today update. https://steamdb.info/app/1209120/subs/ is now listing various key billing options for different countries. So slowly moving to release. And it got me thinking...How many LLs are there, placing around map in relation to Wh2 core. Let´s imagine a guy with base Wh2. As developer, you want to offer a nice hint of full game, sell vision, potential dream so people may buy DLCs...So

-Red circles are DLC paid LLs..therefore not accessible for default game
    -Green ones are FLC

1) Vortex map at righg, compare various continents and for moments toss away TKs and VC and paid DLC LLs
    Lustria - 3 core LLs, 2 FLCs (Counting Lord Mazdamundi here )
    Naggoroth - 2 core LLs, 2 FLCs
    South Lands - 2 core LLs, 2 FLCs
    Ulthuan - 1 core LL, 0 FLC

2) You will get the identical count for ME map, just toss away the same stuff plus any Wh1 LL no matter if FLC, core or DLC.

Let´s say that the DLC is really Eltharion vs Grom. In Vortex, they will both probably start around purple circle. Eltharion taking control of Yvresse, Grom somewhere around...but there are both again paid LLs. So Ulthuan will still be empty for core player without DLC. There were various opinions that FLC might be a Dwarfs or Vampire but my money is on HE because this DLC is very similar to Hunter/Beast one where FLC was yet another Lizard LL but on the top, this will be ideal situation to introduce FLC HE LL on Ulthuan. Because in ME both Eltharion or Grom might start actually a far away. Eltharion led crusade into Badlands and Grom possibly to Black Pit/misty Mountains. Which is leading me back to the point, that the Ulthuan seems pretty empty for people without DLC. And we hardly can put there any Dwarf or Vampire...

3) So I read a lot theories who might be FLC LL and my opinion is:

Finubar - To contradick his reputation as pure ruler and diplomat, he is Seafarer (possible nautical motive or start in Vortex around Fortress of Dawn?), he also fighted in few battles and is gifted. But main issue is with Tyrion. If Finabar was on table, he should lead default HE faction, Lothern. But that would require giving Tyrion his own faction....This is what disregards Finubar in my eyes. Too much work. Plus he is not LL in recent rules

Korhil - Captain of White Lions for Finubar, again he is hardly independent political character. Only possible way would be to put him in Chrace. Plus he is not LL just LH.

Caradryen - Captain of Phoenix Guard, again, just LH and would probably require whole new faction, it would be strange to lead Saphery. (Something aka Order of Phoenix )

Sea Lord Aislinn - Might be interesting for being easily Lokhir 2.0, horde/fleet like army (which will be little strange as Black Arch should be better still HE navy is thing), strong navy themed units are missing like Lother Sea Helm Hero option. Plus with fleet he can easily start all over the place. Imagine near Albion in Vortex, around south Ulthuan in ME but still, he is not LL in recent rules.

Imrik - he is proper option LL in 6ed. He is leading Caledor, which is basically the easiest way how to get LL out of those 5 options...He has strong Dragon motive, Dragon Mage of Caledor (Fire) as Hero option are missing plus HE are missing magic generic Lord. Plus on top of all that, his faction can be easily in conflict with other HE as basically he has claim to the throne as well...

tl dr;
    Imrik then Aislinn as FLC...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Patrician Artifex

Imrik would be a logical choice.

With a good gap between two large DLC, and no rework with previous one, we can hope this DLC to be big.

So HE could get several new units: White Lion Chariots, Sky Cutter... Maybe Merwyn (although I don't care much for them). Possibly Arch Mage for each lord... After this they won't have much possible new units for a future DLC.

So probably last HE centered DLC.

So I don't Imrik included in a future DLC. But he is requested by many, and seen as as important as Eltharion, if not more.

Two choices then:
    - He is the FLC now.
    - He's kept for an Elven faction that could start in Game 3. But for this I think Aislinn for exemple would fit better as leader of a Seafaring expedition
    - He is the FLC for a future DLC. But it would be hard to fit him somewhere else.

New development. Another batch of three entries was added to SteamDB so right now, we are sitting again at 7 unknown entries.

It seems really interesting. From oldest 9120+9121 seems to be DLC +FLC then 4670+4270 no idea...another pair of DLC+FLC? And now 750+751+752. Definitely we are expecting now DLC + FLC LL + FLC mount option (check FLC updated chart for next DLC). Still either there is something else for Skull for SKullthrone event or we are looking at 3 DLC at the moment. One more LP and Wh3 pre-order at least.

EDIT: 9120 revealed to be Warden/Paunch DLC and 9121 is Imrik FLC. FLC mount via TW Access is ArachnoShrine Mount for Greenskins which is probably 4670 in that case 4270 will be probably Skull for Skull Throne event FLC ( Black Orc Big Boss Hero?)...But it is interesting because in such case next LP will come probably with 2 FLC as well....

Last edited by Daruwind; May 14, 2020 at 03:33 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast