Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Warhammer 2 possible DLC(s) SteamDB

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Warhammer 2 possible DLC(s) SteamDB

Looks like 4670 is really Black Orc Big Boss hero for Skull for Skullthrone event. Plus looks like next LP is coming with two FLCs.

Last edited by Daruwind; May 21, 2020 at 09:46 AM.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

how can you be sure it's the BOBB?

Because CA kept every year something small but related to that year content for Skulls, because occam´s razor princip...

Heh I forgot to add entries after Warden/Paunch LP. So situation now is similar, 3 unknown entries.

However as we got yesterday blogpost with near future CA plans, we can probably estimate everything there..1) LP for WE vs one Wh2 core race 2) FLC LL for WE for ME and 3) is probably the Hero for everyone. My bet is on generic hero option for DE/Lizardmen/Skaven...but some new share-able or legendary hero option is possible too, we will see. And that´s all folks probably till LP drops...
    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/dev-blog-july-2020/

New Entry was added today - 1423860
    https://steamdb.info/app/594570/dlc/
    So as of now there are 4 unknown entries in total.

If the older three are similar to Paunch/Warden ....DLC + FLC LL + FLC new hero, then this is probably something new. Closest idea is White Dwarf promotion...Grombrindal, Gotrek+Felix.

Small update, all 4 entries are known for 99%. LP steam page is up. All FLCs are mirroring W/P situation so we can estimate with 99%.
    -WE LP
    -FLC Drycha
    -FLC Skaven Chieftain Hero
    -TW Access Glade Captain Hero

As of now, no weird/new/unknown entry.....

EDIT XXX: all predictions 100% correct. As of now, no unknown entry in SteamDB. According to CA latest comment, we can expect new batch soon
    Last edited by Daruwind; December 03, 2020 at 01:07 PM.

Singular SteamDB entry added.
    https://steamdb.info/app/1517260/history/

With todays news...

Wh3 added to SteamDB
    https://steamdb.info/app/1142710/history/
    So far nothing interesting there except release date - late 2021

Plus Wh3 FAQ confirmed Wh2 is getting one more DLC and Wh3 pre-order is just for Wh3
    ..So latest unknow Wh2 DB entry is probably the last LP....BM?

Another Wh2 entry added , so two unknown right now
    https://steamdb.info/app/1556110/history/

Patrician Artifex

We may get info about next DLC much sooner than expected.

When previewing something else, Loremasters of Sotek showed his Steam Library (probably by mistake), and it shows a Warhammer II (Charlie).

Maybe a a special build for content creator, sent in advance? That would mean a release in a week or two?

Which would be pretty sad as with such short time from previous DLC including Christmas holiday, that LP would be most likely Shadow/Blade copy.....so Wh2 vs Wh2 faction. We had already Skaven vs DE, Skaven vs LM, HE vs DE leaving just Skaven vs HE which is probably no go, HE vs LM which is weird and DE vs LM , which would be my go to for next Wh2 vs Wh2. DE are missing 6th LL and LM are waiting for LL the longest....

Only possible different situation might be, if CA for whatever reason had to work for WE and BM content at the same time...so basically they would have head start.

Patrician Artifex

Or maybe they want to link the BM update with Warhammer III, because to make it a viable race they need to use some new Chaos god related stuff, and so they prefer to deliver them with Game 3, and it wasn't their plan to do it in the last LP?

But that would be an underwhelming LP. No old world update... On one hand it may not be a good may to "finish" Game 2. But on the other hand, they may have a full to do list of DLC for Game 3. They can have packs to add missing important factions (Chaos Dwarves, Ogres), a bit less important ones (Hobgoblins, Dog of Wars / Southern Realms), more obscure races (Nippon, Ind, Kurgan, Khuresh), expand the base roster of all these new races (like Khorne vs Kislev, then each god against a race), expand old world races, which maybe easier to do with Game 3 than Game 2 (like completing Empire with missing Lords and Knight orders, or adding Neferata.

So may be CA thinks it would be too difficult to put HE, DE or LM in a game 3 pack, or it may be very far down the road. Skaven maybe easier with stronger links with Cathay.

So we could see :
    DE, LM and HE in this last pack (one being FLC), with a few units and lords to completly finish the roster (so they don't have anything more to add later), some fixing of mechanism (slaves for DE, late game use of influence for HE, Geomantic web).
    Maybe no old world rework.

And for Game 3, together with the release of the 4 new races, some rework of Game 1 faction mechanism, to fix them and put them as the same level of the rest of game 3?

Well Dwarves and VC after all got also no LP during Wh2 so I can imagine skipping BM as well. We will see. Skaven are sure with Thanquol to get 7th LL in game three. I can imagine one more for HE easily (Finubar/Aislinn LL, Korhil LH, Anointed of Asuryan, Skycutter) and LM also cen get a few toys..

Not sure CA will tackle three races at once. But it already happened once - Shadow/Blade...Skaven vs DE with Repanse for Bretonnia. So DE vs LM with even HE FLC might be possible. DE is missing 6th LL, LM needs some polishing, exactly geo web. HE are just popular. But as well I can imagine they might as FLC tackle Norsca. Because why not. I bet there will be some closing patch ala Foundation update for Wh1 that will take care of some minor stuff here and there. Plus even if Wh3 pre-order is so far worded just for Wh3 but i checked wh2 pre-order and wording was pretty much the same. We might get that DLC as well. Not surely. Just saying there were no words saying it won´t happen.

One reason why CA might left lot stuff for Wh3 is that Wh2 development was pretty rushed. Just one year after Wh1, Norsca up at launch. I can imagine that this time they have more time to get stuff right and keeping good content for the biggest title in series might be good marketing call. But ultimately we will see...

Anyway. If next LP is really Wh2 vs Wh2, we might get it pretty soon and then the team is free to do something else...

Patrician Artifex

I also think HE would have more material than DE for a last LP. But they have been done more than the DE. That's why I suggest HE/DE/LM in last pack, but I can't tell which could be a FLC. There's pro and con for all.

DE would suit FLC the most as they are unit wise done. But you are completely right that it is hard call..

Patrician Artifex

If we think about it.

With Game 3 we get 6 new races. + Chaos Dwarves and Ogres that may come as DLC "first", like we got TK and then VC.

Then they are possible DLC pairing a Chaos LL with one of the other factions. That's 2+4 DLC.

Add BM, Empire, Norsca, Dwarves, upates, + Neferata, DoW, maybe Nagash ... Maybe other races like Hobgobelin, Khurgan, even Nippon, Ind of Khuresh.

All these I think are more needed than any Game 2 race in a Game 3 context.

So when Game 3 is out, we can expect may be 10 DLC before CA has consummed enough more urgent material to start thinking about DE, HE or LM. Excepting may be Skaven, more present with Cathay.

So the right time to add the few missing units, LL, LH or rework a bit the mechanism for HE, DE or LM is actually now.

And Beastmen could make a very nice DLC opportunity if we have Ind on the map, with new types of Beastmen.

Much better suited for Game 3 than for Game 2 actually. Especially if we take marked gors (linked to Chaos God) into consideration

New three entries added today. Totally 5 unknown entries as of now.
    https://steamdb.info/app/594570/dlc/

Interesting thing is, we are probably slowly moving towards next LP. Those are surely FLC things. And if we look at the last two LP - W/P and Sisters, they both came with 4 entries. DLC + FLC LL+FLC unit + FLC access thing...So 5 is actually pretty high number. Is it actually possible there is another FLC/DLC for later/different event?

Anyway the newest three entries are most likely FLC stuff for next LP. Give or take, end April/May release date...

Patrician Artifex

The more I think about it, the more I imagine CA making a bunch of final FLC/DLC combination to finish Game 2 races as much as they can, so they can move to Game 3 without too many people complaining Rakarth, Aislin, Etc are missing

Actually I think the reason for releasing Rakarth so early is to put him off table. Looking back, only one LP touching three factions was Shadow/Blade (Skaven vs DE) with Repanse as FLC for Bretonnia. So in any scenario involning DE in LP (DE vs BM, DE vs LM) there would be little reason to put DE FLC forward especially if BM FLC LL will be ME exclusive as was Drycha, in that case another FLC LL for all player would be nice bonus..

All this is leading me to conclusion, CA wants to put DE FLC LL off the table as the LP is not including DE at all.

1517260 is out as Rakarth
    https://steamdb.info/app/1517260/

Interesting part is, history of the Rakarth entry is showing the oldest change as 6th January 2021 while next entry - 1556110 is just from 16th February. Looks like the idea to release Rakarth independently was there for way longer. Definitely it doesn´t looks like that there were some development problems with LP so CA decided to put out at least FLC for now. It looks like it was intent for whole time. So I would bet the LP will really come around end April/May/June with development time +/- the same as was for WE LP.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast