I guess most people know that last year Bethesda launched the Creation Club at Bethesda.net.

So now can people buy something called credit IIRC and use credits to buy a mod or two via the Creation Club menu option in the in-game menu in SSE. Maybe in FO4 too, but since I don't play FO4 I don't know for sure.

For those people who didn't play Skyrim or follow what happen in the Skyrim community two years ago need to know the background for this thread.

Why I posted this is, because two years ago I posted a thread about paid mods on Steam Workshop, which we'll know went downhill and after four days of massive protests from the community Bethesda decided to take down the paid mods concept at Steam Workshop.

And it looks like that both SturmChurro and gastovski was right.

Quote Originally Posted by SturmChurro
The paid workshop might be over, but the damage done to the Skyrim modding community in the four days it was active is done. It won't be the same.

This feature will probably be coming back.
Quote Originally Posted by gastovski
This will be back i am sure. They had to test public reaction and the public wasn't ready to embrace this crap, yet.
Paid mods have returned, but in different shape. However, I've notice that now and then people can grab a CC-mod for free in a short period of time.

Another thing that the Creation Club affected the modding community were the CC-mods, called esl (Elderscrolls Lite), caused a lot trouble in the beginning for the community mod tools e.g LOOT, Wrye Bash, and xEDIT (x stands for what game is meant to use for) and that could either be FO4 (Fallout 4) or FO3 (Fallout 3, not sure if FO3Edit exist or not) or TES4 (Oblivion) or TES5 (Skyrim Legendary Edition - SLE) or SSEEdit (Skyrim Special Edition - SSE).

It took a while before most mod tools could handle the new esl mods properly and from what I understand the modding community succeeded to fix most issues with the esl mods.

Even mods, created by using the Skyrim Creation Kit (CK), were also affected by the esl mods and one of those mods that made a lot people upset was the Survival mod and that esl mod caused issues with Chesko's Frostfall mod, which requires his Campfire mod.

What's your thoughts, opinions about the Creation Club at Bethesda.net? Is it good or bad or is it something most people can accept despite for being against paid mods?