Thread: The Kingdom Under the Mountain a RPG Proposal

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default The Kingdom Under the Mountain a RPG Proposal

The Kingdom Under the Mountain

Background

Politics
    The last 100 years had seen large setbacks for the dwarves of the broken mountains. The deep mines have fallen to goblins and orcs and the outer lands have been taken over by human tribes. The giants that make the mountains their home have begun to take their exterior forts, and the old amenities with the woodland elves are once again brewing. Inside the Kingdom factions begin to emerge trying to decide the best direction for the kingdom.

The Consestar- The Conservative faction are traditionalist. They wear long beards and practice traditional dwarven run magic. They see the new technology as a plague that will weaken the dwarves and speak poorly of those that trim or shave their beards. They have gained much power in recent years by the election of the new king.

The Progrssir- The Progressive movement was founded by Nicco Tessli. Nicco was an inventor and head of the Tessli Merchant house. His inventions gained a large amount of traction among younger dwarves and merchant houses. He became an advisor to the late King Golgi and saw the first win of the of the progressives getting the merchant families a seat on the council. Progrssir generally keep their beards trimmed or some more radical go clean shaven in imitation of Nicco.

The King- The King is Elected and serves for life. His power is checked by the council. The council is made up of prominent noble and merchant families and enact the king’s decisions. A 2/3rds majority of the council can override a ruling of the king.

The Council- The Noble families and the great merchant families make up the council. The merchants were recently added in the last 10 years and their voices are not worth the same as a noble. Each noble family gets two votes to the merchants 1. The council can pass laws, but these laws can be vetoed by the king. If the King fails to veto the law by the end of the year it becomes written law regardless of if the king ratifies it.

This thread is mainly to gauge interest in a new large scale rp. The setting is a custom one I have had brewing for a little while, it's a sort of Steam punk dwarven kingdom on the edge of an industrial revolution. If there is interest in playing this game I will work on finalizing the rule set and prepping the game for a May 11th launch a week after my finals have finished.

Default Re: The Kingdom Under the Mountain a RPG Proposal

I would play, for sure.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

I'd probably be interested too.

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Sign me up as interested
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed