Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: {HS RP} The Isles of Chaos II - British Isles - Roleplaying AR

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default Re: {HS RP} The Isles of Chaos II - British Isles - Roleplaying AR

It was deep night, and King Llywelyn was asleep in his chambers. Outside, the guards were dozing off themselves. They had fought the English for so long, and had made so much progress. Not paying attention, but rather dreaming of some tavern-wench they failed to notice the hooded figure creeping up from the side. Two quick stabs, and it was done. The guards collapsed onto the cold stone floor, and the hooded figure entered the room. King Llywelen paid no sound to the slight screeching of the door, and one could hear a fast, rythmic snore coming from the bed. The figure crept towards the bed, loomed over the sleeping body of the king. With the bloody dagger clutched in the hand, he took a step forward to jab his hand down and end the life of the Welsh king. And fell flat on his face. His foot was stuck in the pisspot of the king, causing him to lose grip and fall over, with loud commotion following it. He let go of the knife, which flew from his hand towards the king, spinning as it went. Spinning for what seemed like an eternity, it hit the king square on his forehead. Pommel first. The King was rendered unconscious by the blow, but alive. The ruckus woke the whole castle up, with men running to the room.
    The would-be assassin was quickly seized and put into the dungeons. There he would be left to rot, before being tortured for questions. The attempt on the Kings life had left him with no visible scars, but when he woke up it was quickly revealed. The blow to his head had made him lose all of his memories. His country, his loving wife, everything.

Thus, during the next few weeks all the learned men and his most trusted advisers informed him of the state, the country, the war against the English and the oppression the Welsh had suffered. This made him even more determined to see the English vanquished than ever before, and he swore to see the English gone. This was the time for alliances to be renewed, and new friends made. King Llywelyn was back in business and ready for any fight that may come.

Hope you enjoyed my introduction to the change in style a new player presents, as the RP will always be different, so I thought this might be a plausible reason why. Anyways, I'm looking forward to this HS, good luck to all of you!
    Scotland up! https://drive.google.com/file/d/12-t...ew?usp=sharing
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

Barons https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Etu...ew?usp=sharing

Prince Magnus has achieved his goal after hard fought battles and long travels across the sea. He has raided the Scottish shore and successfully established a foothold in Ireland, walked in the sea of blood during the siege of Downpatrick now only to find himself without a goal. He had managed to establish his hold on northern Ireland during the siege of the Irish King when the King offered the settlements of Lifford, Athenry and Derry plus a hefty sum of 15 thousand gold coins to spare his life and end the raids on Ireland.
    Now as the raids on northern Britannia has ended the Prince looks to the east, trying to establish deals and get in negotiations with the Welsh.
    There is fortune to be made in peace, much more than in conquest.
    Until a new enemy has risen the vikings shall focus on reconstructing the towns and castles they have earned, making them strong and defendable shall anyone try to force them back to the cold north.

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

King Henry order his scouts to ride forth and word soon arrived that a large English host was camped in the forest south of Nottingham, a formidable force consisting of both Mounted and dismounted knights with their lords.

"Damn them! we must delay our siege on Nottingham we depart at night, I want a full nights march before they know we're on the move."

Henry and his men marched throughout the night and met the English army in the forest and battle lines were drawn..

https://gyazo.com/ccdd2d7a2384d03e4d7f088406a42e7f

Both armies were of the same size and the battle soon commenced, Mounted knights lowered their lances and charged at the English ranks but were met by a superior force of mounted knights and noblemen who began to overwhelm Henry's cavalry but the would be King had sent a detachment of battle hardened armoured spearmen in support and caught the English by surprise.

Meanwhile King Henry had lead his dismounted armoured knights to smash the flank of the English.. they charged and fought a long and hard hand-to-hand combat while arrows fell everywhere killing men on both sides..

The battle had last but a few hours and King Henry soon emerged victorious and ordered that the captives be hung throughout the forest as a warning and a display of his power.

In the north Lord Simon and his loyal lords are horrified with the would be Kings cruelty and vow that one day he will be brought to account for his crimes.

https://gyazo.com/ef5686b422e03fc9adaeb58220deba7d

England up - http://www.mediafire.com/file/h4a4rf...and_6.sav/file

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Bump!
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Completely poofed from TWC for the better part of the week, I'll have to approach this in the evening.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Double post, ignore please.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Apologies for the delay, gents. The show must continue.
    -----------------------------
    -King Edward. Oh, what a time it was to be king, the man who was only a short while ago just a prince thought dryly as he looked over his dismal, battered forces, and the many, many English strewn across the field.. The man who just yesterday lost countless men to a rampaging brute who abused his father's name.

The man who had sent for reinforcements from London and Nottingham, and brought them both to bear in a pincer against his foe. Too late to save many of his own, but the combined garrisons and timely arrival of his father's old friend resulted in a butchery of Henry's forces even as they were mounting heads on spikes. With such a display set before them, the militia were incited to action, and their wrath was swift and terrible.

A call to muster had been made in the weeks before, and the first to arrive were the forces of the nearby fort, unfortunately delayed for reaching the field. Events had occurred too quickly for them to lend aid before, but with the unexpected guidance of their recently arrived leader Lord Walter, they tore into the rebellion's line. Even as the enemy was beginning to catch on, the forces of Nottingham attacked from the side, and besieged Lord Henry's forces. The final knell was the attack of the young Sir Edmund, leading the London militia. The forces of King Edward were out of the fight, but that did not stop the exhausted men from watching from afar and participating in the aftermath.

King Edward was not a vicious man; nor were the young Sir Edmund or the more chivalrous Lord Walter. But the sight of countryman's heads mounted, some even in the process of being mounted, brought uncharacteristic reactions.

In the span of a few hours, it was the heads of rebels that were mounted instead, chief among them the ill fated Lord Henry.

"King Henry, you called yourself." Edward mused. "A disgrace to my father's name..." His eyes narrowed as he spoke to the mounted severed head of the usurper. "Rule this road. Rule it well. Serve as an example to your fellows. Congratulations." he gave the head a solid thump with one fist. "You're king of the road." He turned and walked away, preparing to look upon the disjointed assortment of camps that had formed the chaotic battle line.

None from the party of raiders survived. It was a dark day, and a less than chivalrous one. But grim justice was in each royalist's heart.

Onto the Irish, by DM due to open password.
    The battle;

Note - various little armies were participants, but Edward and his own forces were not participants. Also, Henry's army was obliterated after the battle, an effect not shown in the results. Full context can be provided to admin if needed. Finally, I have no idea why it came out as a gif, it was probably a misclick. My editing skillz on a very potato laptop are not fully mastered, clearly.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

WHo did you dm that to cause I’m the Irish player?
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

As stated, the admin - seemingly half the players are in constant flux and the OP is virtually no help. Forwarded to the latest Irish player now.

Blog Entries

Alright, I've edited the OP to the hopefully correct roster, correct me if I'm wrong
    and Peaman

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

As the emissary of Norway gleefully departs with the signed peace treaty, King Brian scowls, unable to hide his displeasure. A sickness in his stomach has been growing for the past few weeks. Like a good Christian he has sought to avoid warfare with his Christian brothers and yet all the same war has come to him. From early on as a child he had always been guided by his fathers goal...

In bed he whispers to his wife: "Even from my tenderest days of my youth I have always regarded my upmost duty as two things. Firstly, the defense and prosperity of my peoples. And Secondly, the unification of Ireland and it's purification of outsiders. And I have failed utterly in regard to both"

For weeks now food has had little taste, women little pleasure and "it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than to sleep easily." For far too long King Brian has been careless with not only his own safety but his diplomacy and outward force has been too soft. He will not repeat his past mistakes and the mistakes of his ancestors that kept the people of Ireland downtrodden. Ireland will not walked all over like grass, for even the softest grass may hide a poisonous snake....
    (Save coming soon)
    Edit: http://www.filedropper.com/tioc2wales7
    Last edited by themzr; September 09, 2018 at 11:59 AM.

Blog Entries

Scotland up: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pZu...ew?usp=sharing

Mind you, this spoiler is pretty big

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

(Please play while reading)

It was a glorious day. Tegonwy of Morgannwg had been charged with leading the fight in the north, and leading the fight he had. He pushed through the enemy lines and taking control of an English fort thanks to the help of a catapult sent north. The garrison was minuscule and consisted only of a few militia drafted from Godknowswhere could have been East Sussex for all the Welsh cared. English were English. They were swiftly overcome by the Welsh attackers, and the road to Nottingham lay open.

However, just after the fort was taken, a scout patrol came galloping towards the newly conquered fort. They brought news that he English had just dealt the Barons Alliance, the principal Welsh ally in the fight against the English, had been dealt a stinging blow, with the King lying dead upon the field. Making his troops ready, he hurriedly marched east to attack the English before they could attack any further. On his way towards the main English the Prince himself ambushed Tegonwy's force, though after a swift and ferocious battle they were overcome and forced to flee into a nearby fort. Their lack of numbers weren't helping much as well. Safely back at the fort the Prince rallied his troops, and made ready to fight again.

With the Prince pushed back, Tegonwy engaged the rest of the enemy troops. The English were battered and weakened after their fight with the Barons Alliance, but they still proved to be a formidable enemy. The recently crowned King Edmund, Prince Nicholas and Lord Walter Giffard were all in command of their banners, and eager to destroy the Welsh "rebels". However, the battle did not fare well for the English. The forces were evenly matched, with around similar numbers. The Welsh formed their battle lines, with their superior longbowmen whittling deadly fire upon the Englishmen. Due to the English forces being divided between their great leaders, they failed to form a proper cohesive battle line, and instead faced the Welsh separately, which caused the Welsh to overwhelm them, one by one. Lord Walter Giffard was the first to fall, with his men bearing the brunt of the Welsh onslaught. He fought valiantly, but a Welsh Meironyddcut him down from his horse. Tegonwy called for the lines to be reformed, just in time to face the King, who was felled by an arrow to the eye before he even reached the lines. The arrow came from the treeline, as the battle was fought in the outskirts of the Sherwood Forest. Who loosened the arrow we do not know, though peasants spoke of a man in a hood with a merry band roaming nearby afterwards, giving gold looted from the slain soldiers to the nearby villagers.
    The men under the kings banner began to waver, before breaking upon the mighty charge of Tegonwy and his bodyguard. Just as the English lost all hope, the Prince, now king yet not knowing it arrived upon the battlefield. He had not many men, but there were English scattered in small groups all over the battlefield, struggling against the might of their onslaught. Tegonwy was sure of his victory, and it wasn't until King Nicholas charged his right flank that he became aware. The right flank wavered under the mighty charge, so Tegonwy had no choice but to join the fray himself, spurring his horse onwards and couching his lance. He smashed into the Kings bodyguard, and slew many. After a minute of fighting, his troops rallied and started to chase the fleeing Englishmen, though the King fought on. And so it happened upon this field of Nottinghamshire, just on the outskirts of the great Sherwood Forest, that Tegonwy came to fight King Nicholas in single combat. They clashed against each others like the fury of Hell hath been released. Time and time again their swords clashed, before Tegonwy made a final thrust with all his might, piercing the Kings armour at his weak point. He fell from his horse, and given a merciful end by a Welsh Rhyfelwyr. The great axe of the Welshman cleaved his had straight off. Thus the line of the House of Plantagenet ended. A noble and valiant end, with honour even in defeat.

With the news of all the members of the royal family lying slain upon the battlefield, Englands many cities broke out into open unrest, and the land erupted into chaos. No king laid claim, and the cities fended for themselves, lying ripe for Welsh taking. King Llywelyn had united the clans of Wales, and marched against the English. He had managed more than any proud Welsh dared dream of. The English were no more, and the Welsh would never be slaves. The King now wished for peace upon the isles, for he had done his duty.

and Peaman

Great RP followed by a nice relaxing music to go with it..

Here's a good Irish band that sing about the troubles in Ireland, worth a listen - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gESpdt7Kf-s

Anyways brilliant roleplay!

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

It appears Lord Richard and Lord John Warenne are alone in their support of English royalty. With the untimely fall of their king, their king's youthful family friend, and the last man King Henry trusted to take up the line (despite his lack of royal blood), the Royalist forces of England have been destroyed. While garrisons still halfheartedly speak of loyalty to the King, they wonder - what King? The line of kingship is at an end. The only government to stand is that of the Barons, who have become the solitary entity of England. In the south, only the two lords remain. Lord Richard has promptly sailed to Normandy, perhaps never to be seen again. Lord John, though valiant in his attempts to bring unity, lacks the support that the Royalists had given to proper kings. Day by day, he fades from politics, settling for the inevitable and increasingly tempted by the idea of going to Normandy, away from blood-hunting Welshmen and displeased English kin from the north. With their fading light, fades the light of nobility.

To some, it is the bitter end. And to others, it is a new beginning. Whichever it may be, that is a story for the victors to write, as it has always been.

Well played, Welshmen. Salutations for achieving what I in another plane could not.

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

Will sub tomorrow
    "I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

The Scots have arrived in Ireland, in full force with plans of conquering. They are in a weakened state but still rather powerful.

King Alexander and Cathal off Ross-Shire move in to survey the lands

Norway up http://www.mediafire.com/file/5jiv1n...way_7.sav/file

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

Barons https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ujV...ew?usp=sharing

it seems we have gotten the no quicksave bug after England was killed...

assassinated an irish spy 95% ods

Ireland up - http://www.mediafire.com/file/rp31jl...and_7.sav/file

The barons rejoice as news of the cruel King Henry's death reaches York and they declare that Simon of York will serve as King so that under his noble rule peace may take hold of the lands once more..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

King Brian has sent decrees throughout the Emerald Isle, so that all know any attempts to make forays into his lands shall be met with much death and destruction and the annihilation of any invading army.
    http://www.filedropper.com/tioc2wales8

Blog Entries

Scotland: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t8F...ew?usp=sharing

With England dissolved and in chaos, it is now up to the Welsh to clean up and restore peace in the turmoil left behind. Thus, they marched to London and took it in a short but bloody battle, overwhelming the few men at arms who had led the chaos. With the Welsh now in command of London, the rest of the land will soon be swept up and peace restored.
    and Peaman