Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: {HS RP} The Isles of Chaos II - British Isles - Roleplaying AR

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: {HS RP} The Isles of Chaos II - British Isles - Roleplaying AR

"Go!" roared King Henry at the startled knight before him. The knight, once an Englishman, but now... well, perhaps still an Englishman. But a most undesirable sort.

The King sighed as he looked down to his bloodstained blade. He needed this more than anything else. Fury had driven him to mere border skirmishes in his own kingdom. But the times... oh, the times. Dark times indeed for the English crown.

But King Henry was not a man to back down; not 'till his death, and he suspected his son carried the same resolve. Just as all Englishmen would.

His son and trusty men were mobilizing in the south, but in the meantime, an army of rebels had appeared to the north, treading far too close to English heartland. Perhaps it would not be wise to poke the second of two angry bears, but King Henry was beyond such warnings. Hearing that many innocent men had been sunk into the sea by these same traitors. Not the same, the King reminded himself as he slowly returned to his command tent. Cowards. At least these men had the decency to stand and fight when challenged. And that was why he had ordered the release of every single man captured by his troops.

Perhaps it was a weak revenge indeed. Picking a fight on his border even as the rebels had sunk a perfectly good lord that was retreating from Ireland to give them that freedom they were wallowing about for so long. But the idea of chivalry struck him. The idea of being civilized. Would anyone care? Would anyone care that King Henry had a sense of honor, unlike the organized bandits that made themselves enemies of his kingdom? Perhaps not. But he would die a man of honor, and upon his heart he swore, he would bring an end to those who sought to bring terror to the lives of his people. He would not negotiate with terrorists.

Alan la Zouche, an older, loyal lord who was tasked with the defense of lands above Nottingham, was a remarkably good sport when King Henry had rode into his fort just a few days before and assumed control of the local garrison. His men were hardy, honest folks, even if not great in number and discipline. They wouldn't be enough to slay the evil dragons of the Isles, but they had done their jobs well. They did well this day, King Henry thought as he looked upon the men still on the field around him. Honest English loyal to his coat of arms, one that was centuries old now.A force of loyal men. Now, that was the England that King Henry wanted to rule. A short while later, the Baron force received a challenge from Alan's garrison. But this challenge was headed by King Henry himself.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...51/unknown.png

Not the most professional English force to muster, to be sure; largely composed of local knights (though quite capable ones) against the range-biased forces of the enemy.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...31/unknown.png

An abundance of longbowmen, a contingent of well-off swordsmen and knights, and some poor militia from the countryside. A poor example of mustering power, but it was hardly a battle for the ages. Really, the fighting itself consisted of English Knights reaching and tearing into the ranged infantry of enemy forces. A costly charge, but one resulting in ultimate reward, and the rather quick shattering of the enemy thereafter.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...26/unknown.png

King Henry himself was near the front of the charge, braving arrows and armored swordsmen. But with a loyal general at his back and seemingly countless knights before him, the day was won, and the enemy was felled. All that remained was the question of what to do with the unfortunate souls who were left behind.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...85/unknown.png

The bulk of those captured were merely men seeking to make a living; hardly worth killing to avenge the many lives lost at sea. The two armored men were handled by King Henry personally; one a minor noble, with whom King Henry had a short conversation, and the other the son of a well of merchant who had plainly been lured into 'the cause' of the rebels. A shame, it was.

King Henry, after returning to his tent, made rest on the road to Nottingham. It would be a long war to terminate the various enemies of England, and in the end, only result in one or two friends on the Isles if he even survived to shake hands with the lords in question. Still, he was a proud English King, and the mantle fell on him to battle to the end. He would not be felled like a brittle oak so easily.

Onto the Irish,
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen..._Ireland_2.sav
    Last edited by Dismounted Feudal Knight; June 02, 2018 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Getting this posts' formatting to work is like training a wild horse not to kick me in the arse
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

Had to fix something on Irelands save. His timer starts now. I will read the RP once i have time, and give rewards if i see fit.

-RED
    "I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

King Brian was quite content in his chambers after a long, hard several months of campaigning. Reclining with a good book on the history of the ancient roman empire he was quite annoyed to hear a large knock on his door. In entered his squire, Murphy, "WHAT!”, he snapped. “My King, all your generals are waiting for you in the war room.” “Alright, let them know I’ll join them in a moment” King Patrick replied reluctantly with a sigh.

As he enters through the wide panel of double-oak doors. His ears are immediately beset by the loud arguing among all his generals. Wales, Scotland, small Norwegian island strongholds scattered across the realm and even reports of a rebellion by a group of upstart barons. Each of his advisors arguing for a different war path, all fraught with peril and countless risk, yet the prospect of success, wealth, and power beyond riches. As he enters the war room an uneasy silence falls across the room as each of his trusted war council generals await their turn to speak. Fortunately for them King Patrick has already made his decision. “Over the past few months, many a proud and brave Irishman have fallen to protect all that we have held dear. Too many Irishmen, if I am not mistaken, what we make up for in ferocity and bravery we are vastly out-equipped and must develop our great country further so that we can be ready to defend our lands when the next invader comes. Peace, is our answer! A lasting peace that we will use to become ready for the next invader” And with that he left the room smiling, leaving his generals behind, silent and stunned.

http://www.filedropper.com/walesisgay2
    Last edited by themzr; June 04, 2018 at 12:07 AM.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Scotland up.

Another great victory for the kingdom of Wales. I shall go into battle details for this one. I have a catapult out of action at the fort north of Oxford. The other 2 shall be ready next turn.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 009.jpg   011.jpg   010.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

i want everyone to read the siege rules, not sure if intended or if we want them to stay like that, but they state we need artilery aswell as siege equipment.

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Hmm actually I've just re-read. I don't know. Clarification would be good. It kind of makes siege weapons (catas/trebs) redundant however so would be good to know! I do however like the rules on limiting their use per 3 turns as well as being able to counter it with siege equipment of your own when defending, so I think that should stand to enable a counter to eiege equipment. As for the use of battering rams etc. I am personally against that+ siege weapons. Would be best to resolve this sooner or later so post your thoughts.
    Last edited by Dr Mac; June 05, 2018 at 03:22 AM.

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

The rules on forts were never too well written in the first place (and lets be honest, the copy job was pretty terrible for the formatting that was already questionable) but what I do know is that forts were intended to be more lax. Probably going to go into a judgement call at the admin level.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?

forts are lax because you cant make forts in this mod. they are pre placed. In the HS we played that i got the rules from, what we do is you need proper artillery amounts and you can siege. if you dont have the proper artillery, then you must meet the requirements of siege equip rules. I'll write it more clearly in the rules now. That good with everyone?

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

That's okay with me.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I don't like the "a siege weapon can be used only once every two turns rule"...
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

once per turn probably better?

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Noo, I actually quite like the use every 2 turns. Stops factions being steamrolled and means that if you want to advance quickly you will need a LOT of expensive siege equipment (like I do now).

i like the once per 2 turns

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Bump!

"I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Just to remind you guys that I am in Peru until the 14th July. Would appreciate a sub or two in that time. Sorry I could not go into that much RP for my last turn as I was so busy packing! If my dinner wants to ask me any questions feel free to contact me!

Will sub Baron tomorrow

-Stannis Baratheon

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Sorry folks I wasn't notified, RP will follow later.

England up - http://www.mediafire.com/file/zscpmw..._England_3.sav

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

"Witchcraft and buggery...!" Lord Nicholas grumbled, shoving the tip of his blade dramatically into the campfire before him, causing the flames to shoot up for a moment before lazily dying down. The hour was late, and the sky was dark. The mood was foul, and five lords at the center of camp had waited until the vast majority of men had fallen into fitful sleep.

"Witchcraft or not, gentlemen, it is time to consider the inevitable." Lord Hugh sighed. Unlike the rest of the men at the fire, he wore regular clothes. No chainmail, or a helmet, or anything beyond a sword at his side. "King Henry is incapacitated for the time being. The host is all but gone. Save yours, my lord Edward. But, despite being comprised of traitors, foreigners and other such men, we are badly outnumbered, and if I may say so sir, we will not sieze the day-"

"Horsewallops! Are we not proud Englishmen!" Lord John growled, slamming his gauntlet into his palm impatiently. "We are not fallen! We have another host. If we get our heads out of our arses and act, we'll send those sons of whores scurrying back to their little hills in but one battle! Have you all taken leave of your senses?!" Lord John shook his head and spat on the dry ground besides him. "Lord Walter was out of position. He- you!- were foolish! Surely the good sire here-" He jabbed a finger towards Lord Nicholas- "Would be able to handle this properly!"

"An unexpected outcome, I assure you." Lord Walter sighed and leaned back, shaking his head. "Most unexpected... nothing left for us to do now. I advise in the strongest possible terms, King Edward. We have no friends on the Isles. England itself has become our enemy, and everyone else by their complacency. We're the last men to hold the crown, aside from our dear King Henry of course..."

"And you had designs for the King's daughter..." Lord John scoffed. Walter turned to him, anger brimming in his eyes.

"Gentlemen, we'll not get anything done with this discord. Concessions must be made, or the state of England as we know it is over. I would not see the Crown become a puppet of northern traitors anymore than you would." He leaned forward, catching attention of the party before him, even the skeptical and mocking gaze of Lord John. "And even less, the puppets of the uncivilized Welsh. But we must consider our position. My lord Edward-" He turned to the silently watching prince- "I would advise an ultimatum. To concede as much as we can, and avoid the loss of England as we know it. And if they demand more, then we will need to take to the field for the honor of England. For if they demand too much, then there is no England anyways. Final terms is the best we can do." He let his words sit, meeting the approval of Lord Walter and Lord Nicholas, and a sigh of disgust from Lord John.

"I will send a letter in the morning." The prince spoke at last. He leaned forwards, meeting the eyes of the nobles. "It will cost us, indeed. But it will be done. And if it cannot be done, we will battle to the end, just as King Henry would want us to do right now." He leaned back again, looking at each council member in turn. "Lord Nicholas, take the reigns of my host. I have other business to attend to, mainland and such. Lord Hughs, I would be honored if you accompanied him. I will be in the army. Lord John-"

"Forgive me prince, but I will not be party to this letter."

"That's fine. Return to your castle. You will be called if you are needed again."

Lord John nodded and left the campfire, winding through tents and supplies on the trail to his horse and crew.

"And you, Lord Walter. When can your men be moved? I wish you to join our host."

Lord Walter uttered a long sigh. "The men will not be moving for some time. Burials, exhaustion, a few rallying speeches to ensure they don't go straight to the Barons... it's a dark time in this camp sire. I'll meet you later."

The prince nodded. "Then do so." Edward stood, followed shortly after by his councilors. "We will see if King Henry returns. If he does, he will take command. And if he doesn't... well, lets just say I wasn't looking to be king this way. But we'll do what we must, won't we?"

The lords nodded in agreement.

Onto the Irish,
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen..._Ireland_3.sav
    Last edited by Dismounted Feudal Knight; June 15, 2018 at 10:01 AM.