Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: {HS RP} The Isles of Chaos II - British Isles - Roleplaying AR

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: {HS RP} The Isles of Chaos II - British Isles - Roleplaying AR

"I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

Forgot about this, sorry :/
    I want to suggest that we end this declaring me and Themzr winners since we have a huge advantage against wales and Scotland(who is played by the admin) and I dont see them ever getting the upper hand.
    It will be up to Athelstan

Ireland https://drive.google.com/file/d/13JY...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Igv...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C_M...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zXs...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q21...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Sd7...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EYi...ew?usp=sharing

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Win Conditions
    [/B]
    The following conditions exist for the endgame. They shouldn't be short term goals, and roleplaying is again highly encouraged. These are conditions for you to be considered the greatest power on the British Isles.

Note: At minimum, a Treaty to become a vassal must be posed to a faction on the turn that it would be otherwise destroyed. If the faction refuses the treaty, destruction is an option.

A faction cannot win and be under a Treaty of Surrender or be a vassal to any state.

[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]You may not gift settlements to help further a faction's win conditions, nor is it in good taste and compliant with the rules to surrender when you are still capable of presenting a solid fight. If you want to quit, say so so that a replacement can be found - don't simply default at the first sign of not making your win condition. Roleplaying is, after all, a focus here, and the win conditions are more of a long term goal of being considered leader of the Isles.

Also note that the agreements necessary to win are bitter pills to swallow, facts that should be noted during the game. It's not easy sucking up and admitting another nation is better, and it simply isn't plausible that your people are just going to understand, just like that, unless you're put under excruciating circumstances that the people can understand.

If the Baron's Alliance is close to securing its own winning conditions in regards to England, or is at least as big as England, it may be used in place of England.

If a faction has already been destroyed, it can count in another faction's win conditions.

[/FONT]England
    > Must have Wales as a vassal state (or legally destroyed) with an official treaty stating that Wales is entirely under the authority of the English and at least an official Treaty of Surrender from Scotland and Ireland.
    > Must posses all of its starting territories, plus ten more.
    > Must have subjugated the Baron's Alliance (or legally destroyed them) to secure the ultimate power of the English King. This cannot be mitigated as per above; they must be vassals or destroyed.

The Baron's Alliance
    > Must have England under a treaty equivalent to making it a vassal (or legally destroyed), to simulate the English crown being left with nearly zero power. This cannot be mitigated as per above; they must be vassals or destroyed.
    > Scotland, Ireland, and Wales must be subjugated to at least a Treaty of Surrender.
    > Must posses starting English territories plus ten more; the territories of vassal England can count towards this. Must control London and Dublin; England may not control either province.

Scotland
    > Must have all starting territories and ten more.
    > Must have England subjugated to a Treaty of Surrender and have Norway forced off the British Isles completely and made as a vassal.

Wales
    > Must have starting territories, plus 23 more, including two starting English territories.
    > Must have England as a vassal and two of three factions under a Treaty of Surrender: Scotland, Norway, and Ireland. You may create a treaty to control England alongside the Irish if you desire - or you can take them out too.

Ireland
    > Must have the entirety of Ireland under control, plus 20 more regions, including two starting English territories.
    > Must have England as a vassal and two of three factions under a Treaty of Surrender: Scotland, Norway, and Wales. You may create a treaty to control England alongside the Welsh if you desire - or you can take them out too.

Norway
    > Must have either England or Scotland completely subjugated as a vassal, and either Wales or Ireland subject to a Treaty of Surrender.
    > Must have all islands in the British Isles, plus 20 regions on the mainland, including three regions out of the starting territories of England or Scotland.

Requirements for individual factions to be vassals may be swapped with the subjugation (Treaty of Surrender or more) of two other factions. Treaties of Surrender can conceivably be written to be more acknowledgements of authority - you recognize the power of a given nation, and the requirements to establish the agreement may be made more lax.[/FONT]
    I'm opposed to themzr being a co-winner, it comes across as too easy. Capt. Norway as a sole winner I repsect and find very likely to happen anyways. themzr getting this as a win seems awfully cheap - All he did was sit about and lie.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    I'm opposed to themzr being a co-winner, it comes across as too easy. Capt. Norway as a sole winner I repsect and find very likely to happen anyways. themzr getting this as a win seems awfully cheap - All he did was sit about and lie.
    With all due respect that’s a pretty narrow point of view. A player can use his diplomatic skills to a considerable extent to guarantee a victory just as much as military might can secure one
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Nonetheless, the established victory conditions from the ruleset set out that Ireland and Norway cannot win at the same time. As I see it, a faction cannot be under a treaty of surrender/vassalage to two factions. You need 2 starting English regions to win, which I don't know if you have. You need England as a vassal, which is fulfilled as they are destroyed. You also need two of the following: Scotland, Norway, and Wales under a treaty of Surrender. You probably won't get Norway, the Scots haven't surrendered to you and I certainly won't.

Norway however needs England or Scotland as a vassal, which is done with England destroyed. They then either need Wales or Ireland under a treaty of surrender, which I'm willing to go along with, as this is a war I cannot win. They also need all the islands, which I don't know if they do but I find it likely. Then they need 20 cities on the mainland, which they have, and 3 regions off the starting regions of England or Scotland, which they have.

These are the rules, and per they Norway comes across as the clear winner.

Then again, this was supposed to be an RP hotseat, but I'll be honest and say this has been the shoddiest RP hotseat I've come across, with practically no RP. I tried to get something going, and while there were a few good moments and some good writing, scrolling through the pages reveal an awful lot of "this factions turn" and nothing more, which frankly led me to be completely disinterested in this hotseat anyways, but I've continued and written something each turn, because it would only get worse if not.

It's up to the admin how to interpret the rules, and whether a surrender to one faction will apply to another as well I guess.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

If there was something i could have changed at the start was to make this a single faction victory. From what i have seen in this hotseat i would say that Norway has done most of the heavy lifting. And he is technically the closest to reaching the conditions and therefore he will be declared single victor once he actually completes all the conditions
    "I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011