Thread: How would I go about tweaking Real Divide?

Default How would I go about tweaking Real Divide?

I have EditSF 1.1.1 and Pack File Manager...

I'm using qbs_Expanded_ DMS_Vanilla mod, with 176 provinces and 163 factions, and since the creator is unable or unwilling to tweak it, how would I do it? I play on Legendary and would like to double the RD requirements from thirteen to twenty-six provinces.

Default Re: How would I go about tweaking Real Divide?

There are many ways to make RD trigger a bit later. The first an easiest way is to double the amount of prestige points. You can find that in "campaign_variables" => prestige_level_shogun_threat (for S2TW) and prestige_level_emperor_acknowledgement, prestige_level_public_knowledge, prestige_level_realm_divide (for Fots).

Quote Originally Posted by izzi View Post
    There are many ways to make RD trigger a bit later. The first an easiest way is to double the amount of prestige points. You can find that in "campaign_variables" => prestige_level_shogun_threat (for S2TW) and prestige_level_emperor_acknowledgement, prestige_level_public_knowledge, prestige_level_realm_divide (for Fots).
    Under which section would I be able to find campaign_variables?

Would altering the prestige points affect the mod negatively?

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiero Magno View Post
    Under which section would I be able to find campaign_variables?

Would altering the prestige points affect the mod negatively?
    In the data.pack => db => campaign_variables_tables.
    No not really. It just take a bit longer before RD gets triggered.

In the data.pack => db => campaign_variables_tables.
    No not really. It just take a bit longer before RD gets triggered.
    Awesome thanks...

I should've done this back in April, but now I forgot how to use the Pack File Manager and the tutorial https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-MyMod-Feature isn't helping. I altered the prestige_level_shogun_threat to 150, but can't get it to install or how do I know it's installed? The folder is Shogun2_revised and it contains Shogun2_revised.pack, but it's got a padlock...
    Last edited by Condottiero Magno; June 10, 2018 at 12:00 AM.

Awesome thanks...

I should've done this back in April, but now I forgot how to use the Pack File Manager and the tutorial https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-MyMod-Feature isn't helping. I altered the prestige_level_shogun_threat to 150, but can't get it to install or how do I know it's installed? The folder is Shogun2_revised and it contains Shogun2_revised.pack, but it's got a padlock...
    Are you creating your own custom pack, or are you using someone else mod pack file?

Are you creating your own custom pack, or are you using someone else mod pack file?

Default data.pack has these values:

prestige_level_realm_divide 100

prestige_level_shogun_threat 75

qbs_Expanded_ DMS_Vanilla uses the Darth_campaign_variables - version 0:

prestige_level_realm_divide 150

prestige_level_shogun_threat 100

Just wanted to change the 75 to 150, so this would mean it's a custom pack? Now that I think about it, since I'm using the qbs_Expanded_ DMS_Vanilla mod, I should change the values in there - RD to 175-300 and ST to 125-200 - and not in the default version and this is what I was probably planning in April, but I can't be certain.

Default data.pack has these values:

prestige_level_realm_divide 100

prestige_level_shogun_threat 75

qbs_Expanded_ DMS_Vanilla uses the Darth_campaign_variables - version 0:

prestige_level_realm_divide 150

prestige_level_shogun_threat 100

Just wanted to change the 75 to 150, so this would mean it's a custom pack? Now that I think about it, since I'm using the qbs_Expanded_ DMS_Vanilla mod, I should change the values in there - RD to 175-300 and ST to 125-200 - and not in the default version and this is what I was probably planning in April, but I can't be certain.
    Use the one of darth mod. The vanilla one, keep it as it is.
    If you are playing the darth mod, than just change the values inside the custom darth mod pack. Save and exit and play the mod with the customized values.

Hi izzi, I am also editing values for the realm divide and your comments here helped me, thanks. Do you also happen to know where I could find the values for the diplomatic hit of realm divide?