Thread: Raiding and blockading

Foederatus

Default Raiding and blockading

Hey everybody,

I have started a new campaign with Roma, in H/H difficulty, and I have a little problem with diplomacy : "Raiding and blockading"
    For no reasons (I didn't attack them, raid them or made a blocus), that thing has appeared with many factions (Massalia, Liguria, Veneti, Ardiae...) and give me -45 in relations with them !
    I don't understand, it's the first time I have this problem, and I did nothing that can explain that !

How is it possible ? (Because of that I can't do non-agression pact or trade agreement, they refuse and are neutral or hostile to me...)

https://ibb.co/hFg67S[CONTENTBOX][/CONTENTBOX]

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Default Raiding and blockading

Your picture doesnt show. Not sure if Im the only one.
    And for the future you need to post these kind of reports in the Bug reports thread.
    You also need to provide us with more info. Submods used etc etc.
    Often there are certain diplomatic penalties in place at the beginning of a campaign due to how the factions historically interacted with each other.
    Last edited by FlashHeart07; April 17, 2018 at 12:56 PM.

Default Re: Raiding and blockading

If it’s at the beginning maybe it is something that “already happened” or maybe the honest mistake of clicking raiding stance instead of patrol. A little raiding, rape and pillage sometimes happens with Roma. It’s in their nature.

Foederatus

Link for the picture : https://ibb.co/hFg67S
    No submods, around 30 turns and that dipomatic penaltie appeared after the begining of my campaign, at the same time with multiple factions...
    I really don't know how it can appears, I didn't have a fleet yet and my armies were fighting against Epirus, I just interact with these factions by diplomacy panel, to ask them for trade agreements, non-agression pacts, I never trepassed their territories or somethings like that.

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

If you were patrolling at all, it can be easy to accidentally click raiding

Foederatus

I did'nt patrol since the beginning of my campaign, and I've never leaved my mother country (except for take Taras and Syracusae)...

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Well either way, you’re Rome. Just wipe them out.

Foederatus

Of course, but I just want to know more about that diplomatic penalty, and if somebody already had the same...
    Is it programmed to occurs only when we raid ?

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

They are simply diplomatic incursions set from the beginning of the game regardless of what you have done before or after. Historically I dont think that Rome was that well liked with the Alpine tribes and though Im not a Rome fan boy knowing much about their history, it wouldnt surprise me if they had raided or otherwise made aggressive actions towards these tribes. I wouldnt bother trying to engage in too many friendly diplomatic actions with tribes around you. Whenever you want to expand you will most likely expand that way and will just take extra diplomatic penalties with everyone else if you choose to break agreements.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

I never making diplomatic efforts with my nearest possible targets. It's a complete waste since I'm gonna wipe them out soon and it's better to avoid taking the aggression-break up hit.