So this is my proposal thread for the LOTR one-thread (or multiple thread) roleplay.
We are going to be playing as a group of adventurers trying to accomplish a certain goal. I suppose what that is exactly depends upon the setting, but we have multiple options, all set during the watchful peace before Sauron's return to Mordor.

Option 1: Wilderland

Spoiler for Map of Wilderland

We are a group of adventurers/fellowship located in the Wilderland. This would likely bring us into contact with the Men of the Anduin, the Dwarves of Erebor, Elves of Lothlorien and Mirkwood (As well as some more unsavoury powers) as well as the possibility to tread in lands that don't get a lot of love, such as Rhun or Dorwinion.

Option 2: Eriador

Spoiler for Map of Eriador

Same premise, except in Eriador. Group of adventurers getting up to shenanigans in the fallen kingdom of Arnor, with points of interest being Angmar and the Misty Mountains or the ruined Arnorian cities. The setting could tread into less familiar territory by heading down into Enedwaith and Dunland, also.

Setting 3: Dwarf-Kingdom

Spoiler for Map of Moria

Something we tried before but with limited success. We are either members of Balin's expedition to Moria or Dwarf adventurers looking to found a new Dwarven Kingdom. Would involve mainly underground exploration and adventure against whatever awaits in the darkness beneath the mountains.

I'd appreciate further suggestions/feedback, as well as who will play and/or help GM.