Thread: Setting Government Types from the Start

Default Setting Government Types from the Start

I have just installed the Great War Mod and found something terribly disappointing about it, which is the fact that the factions' starting government type has not been touched by the original modders and so remains the same as in vanilla. In other words, the Portuguese Republic has absolute monarchy as its government type -_-

I hoped to be able to manually alter the starting government type of all the factions with some basic modding, but unfortunately Napoleon TW is one of the hardest to change. I have no idea of how to do it. Wish some advice from someone with more experience and knowledge than I.

Default Re: Setting Government Types from the Start

Hello. Try to change the type of government in this section of the faction:

CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS/CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/WORLD/FACTION_ARRAY/FACTION_ARRAY/FACTION/GOVERNEMENT

Change the "gov_absolute_monarchy" value to "gov_republic".

Miguel_80, and how do I open those files? Which program should I use to open a PACK file?

Also, this seems to work for vanilla Napoleon, but for the Great War mod I can't find any files with those names. I can only guess and search through.
    Last edited by es157; April 15, 2018 at 05:19 PM.

This program is needed to modify the ...\Napoleon Total War\data\campaigns\mp_eur_napoleon\STARTPOS.ESF file.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/esf...e.zip/download

P.S: That the screenshot is of the vanilla, has nothing to do. The game and its internal code is the same.

Now I have done it. Yeah!

Buuut... as a test, I have first changed Austria-Hungary from absolute monarchy to constitutional monarchy, saved and started the game. The campaign crashed Why?!

Am I allowed only a fixed number of each government type from the start? In order to test this hypothesis, I have made Great Britain an absolute monarchy to see if anything changes. I got a new crash. Could I be doing something wrong or is it impossible to make the changes I want?
    Last edited by es157; April 15, 2018 at 07:41 PM.

Sorry, I forgot this: Find another faction that starts as a republic, right-click and copy the "GOV_IMP" section in your faction and delete de old "GOV_IMP" section.

(My game is in Spanish, but I suppose it's understood that the government of Austria is a republic now in the sample)

Great! Now just one last concern: how exactly do I copy that and paste? Right-clicking doesn't do anything. Come on, I have come so close!

What program are you using? The "EsfEditor" or the "Pack File Manager"?

If this doesn't appear, the only solution I find is that you send me the startpos.esf file and tell me the specific faction and the regions it has.

I'm using the EsfEditor, but right-clicking does nothing. I will send you a private message.

Edit: Wait, I am using EsfEditor 1.1.1., so maybe it is an outdated version? I'll first try downloading your version.
    Last edited by es157; April 16, 2018 at 01:27 PM.

Ok. For me, the most stable version is the 1.4.4