Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What mods (submods) do you play with?

Default What mods (submods) do you play with?

What mods (submods) do you play with and why?

I've enjoyed cultural tensio (not certain if it's working with the current DeI version?) and De Ai Arbitirs. Also using the No HDR mod, as it really helps with the terrible shadows.

Also really wanted to try Data Venia, however it's usually not up to date.

Music: tyso3's epic music mod is fantastic.

EDIT:
    I forgot to mention another mod I am using that REALLY adds to the battles. It's the enhanced particles mod or something along those lines. There's virtually no dust in vanilla Rome II, this makes it quite a bit more realistic.

Also if able could you provide a link to the mod you mention?
    Last edited by gnosis89; April 14, 2018 at 04:53 PM.

Default Re: What mods (submods) do you play with?

Marian reforms for the IA campaign is a nice touch.

KAM’s Alternative Economy is great. (Would have to test to see if it conflicts with the ones below.)

Improved Resources make them worth extorting. (Without this one, there is little difference in building the resource building or anything else.)

Improved Gold mines make them unique. )Wish it was more. Historically Gold and Silver mines signaled Imperian rise. Athens, Macedon, Barca’s in Iberia, etc. Much more unique resource than slaves for example.)

Trade Routes x2.5 makes trade an equal part of income. (“Modern” standard income taxes shouldn’t be 75% of your income IMO)

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Yes, my Alternative economy is not compatible with those mods you listed as it also changes those aspects.

I only use GEM with custom setting, tyso music mod and those HD submods for water, terrain, lighting that really improve how the game looks.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Most recently:

Game play:

All diplomatic options for every faction
    Historical Family System- Julia and Barcid
    12 tpy
    Cultural Tensio
    De AI Arbitis
    Alternative Economy
    no attrition
    reduced movement

I also run the occasional campaign with just Data Venia. I'll probably try out KAM's other submod Stronger Heavy Units.

Graphical:

GEM
    Rome II HD
    More towns and Cities
    Better Water
    Flora HD
    Terrain HD
    Better horses/elephants/dogs textures (I have had this one so long and haven't checked on it in awhile so I have lost track if it's actually working)
    GBJ: Blood Mod Revolution
    Wonders of the Ancient World

I have been alternating turning the HD lighting mod on/off and now trying No HDR mod. When trying to take screens, even in broad daylight, I am fighting all kinds of pesky shadows and the whole screen going a shade darker.

To whoever hasn't tried Tyso3's epic music mod:
    please do yourself a favor and try it, game feels amazing with it, like a good movie with an excellent score!
    I haven't tried graphics mods yet, I suppose I should try them...
    Last edited by priam54; April 14, 2018 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post

Yes, my Alternative economy is not compatible with those mods you listed as it also changes those aspects.
    Unfortunate KAM but I figured the same. Per my reasons for each one, trade and resources (especially gold mines) should be more important.

I forgot to mention another mod I am using that REALLY adds to the battles. It's the enhanced particles mod or something along those lines. There's virtually no dust in vanilla Rome II, this makes it quite a bit more realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by priam54 View Post
    please do yourself a favor and try it, game feels amazing with it, like a good movie with an excellent score!
    I haven't tried graphics mods yet, I suppose I should try them...
    I fully concur.
    Last edited by gnosis89; April 14, 2018 at 04:49 PM.

@Satansblofish
    What is the name of the mod reduced movement you are using? Thank you in advance.

"najłatwiej i najpiękniej nie gnębić drugich, ale samemu nad sobą pracować, żeby być możliwie jak najlepszym" Sokrates

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Soul View Post
    @Satansblofish
    What is the name of the mod reduced movement you are using? Thank you in advance.
    He's probably referring to Don Kanallje's modifications you can find here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?747228-SUBMOD-S-M-L-TESTUDO-v-1-2-(for-DeI-1-2-2k-patch-19)-S-M-L-economy-civic-culture-population-civilwar-reforms-modules-various-stratmap-movement-range-armies-navies-18-march-18
    Just scroll down till the big green title.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

I'm moving this to the appropriate thread. Feel free to continue.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 15, 2018 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Satansblofish View Post
    Most recently:

Game play:

All diplomatic options for every faction
    Historical Family System- Julia and Barcid
    12 tpy
    Cultural Tensio
    De AI Arbitis
    Alternative Economy
    no attrition
    reduced movement

I also run the occasional campaign with just Data Venia. I'll probably try out KAM's other submod Stronger Heavy Units.

Graphical:

GEM
    Rome II HD
    More towns and Cities
    Better Water
    Flora HD
    Terrain HD
    Better horses/elephants/dogs textures (I have had this one so long and haven't checked on it in awhile so I have lost track if it's actually working)
    GBJ: Blood Mod Revolution
    Wonders of the Ancient World

I have been alternating turning the HD lighting mod on/off and now trying No HDR mod. When trying to take screens, even in broad daylight, I am fighting all kinds of pesky shadows and the whole screen going a shade darker.
    Just curious, why the no attrition?

Quote Originally Posted by gnosis89 View Post
    Just curious, why the no attrition?
    It's for besieging. All other attrition is unaffected. Anyway, in theory, it seems to trigger the AI actually building siege equipment. While, for reasons I don't actually know, attrition is still active while besieging, so on that front, it isn't working. However, the AI is still building siege equipment now, so I have decided to keep it on.

Last edited by Satansblofish; April 16, 2018 at 11:25 AM. Reason: outdated information

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

In my current campaign with Pergamon I've paired up KAM's alternative economy with Cultural Tensio and De AI Arbitriis and, oh lord, that has made for a really great and realistic campaign experience.

The progress is extremly slow, each and every move has to be considered carefully, both in military and economical terms. As money is scarce one cannot simply afford to raise the whole army from scratch after loosing one. For obvious reasons the replenishment has now become very important and I actually had to develop one of my generals with primary focus on boosted replenishent capabilities to speed up that process a little bit.

Apart from the AI's stubborn diplomatic stance that has at times been driving me crazy, it's been a well-balanced campaign challenge.

As for the graphic mods I use GEM, of course. I think I would actually find it quite difficult to play the game at all without it.
    Last edited by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~; April 16, 2018 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by priam54 View Post
    please do yourself a favor and try it
    Can also run any "Epic\powerful\whatever" mix from youtube in background, but it affects performance much for those with mid-low pasukons. I really enjoy Adrian Ziegler music to go with barbarian factions for instance.
    Another must is a font mod of your choice. I am forever loyal to my Possum Saltare.
    P.S. tried Tyso3 and enjoyed it.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Tyso3's music submod is in my Data Folder since the beginning of time.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I believe it's this one: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...eta-12-01-2017

The x2 movement from ships has a weird affect where they get to keep their ship length of movement even after landing. So they end up being able to travel massive distances on land if they were on boat before hand. I am looking for an alternative and will probably try the ones located in Testudo's thread. I need to look into it some more.

DO NOT USE ANY PACKS YOU FIND INTO DON KANALLJE'S THREAD!

THEY ARE OUTDATED AND WILL HEAVILY OVERWRITE SOME RECENT DeI VALUES.
    USE THE PACKS YOU FIND INTO TESTUDO THREAD, THEY WON'T OVERWRITE ANYTHING BESIDES MOVEMENT.
    THERE IS NO UPDATED VERSION FOR NAVAL DOUBLE STANCE ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post

DO NOT USE ANY PACKS YOU FIND INTO DON KANALLJE'S THREAD!

THEY ARE OUTDATED AND WILL HEAVILY OVERWRITE SOME RECENT DeI VALUES.
    USE THE PACKS YOU FIND INTO TESTUDO THREAD, THEY WON'T OVERWRITE ANYTHING BESIDES MOVEMENT.
    THERE IS NO UPDATED VERSION FOR NAVAL DOUBLE STANCE ATM.
    Thanks for the heads up. I will wipe my post out.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Tyso3's music submod is in my Data Folder since the beginning of time.
    I'm also keeping a copy on a usb drive inside a vault for the end times... vault boy approved

It's for besieging. All other attrition is unaffected. Anyway, in theory, it seems to trigger the AI actually building siege equipment. While, for reasons I don't actually know, attrition is still active while besieging, so on that front, it isn't working. However, the AI is still building siege equipment now, so I have decided to keep it on.
    That could be because of the alternate economy mod though....

Was the AI not building any siege equipment prior?

Can someone link the version of GEM they are using?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast