Thread: List of EB Wonders?

Default List of EB Wonders?

Hi,

A quick Google search did not yield a full list of wonders in Europa Barbarorum (only a rather lovely wonder-filled discussion thread), and neither do there seem to be any wonder page on the EB wiki site.

Can someone please provide me with a full list of natural and built wonders in EB or EBII? The quicker, the better. If it is also possible to get wonder description included, then all the merrier and some more waiting time is fine.

I'm fishing for wonders to flesh out a map to help out a Danish teacher, a mate of mine who will make a second take on Roman Risk for his school's pupils. Better, shinier and probably even more educational. I'm not without a clue in this field, but having seen the EB map it is obvious that if you want a comprehensive and very well researched list of ancient wonders, then Europa Barbarorum is the first stop on your tour!

Thanks in advance for any help. I'll dive into books and Google should no list be handily available (and you know there should be one out there; put forth the fruits of your hard work for a wider public).

I'd also be able to read up on wonders in EB while on the bus, so there is that dimension as well.

Cheers

Default Re: List of EB Wonders?

I believe there are all the Wonders either than the Hanging Gardens apparently because of lack of physical evidence and because many believe they're actually the gardens of Nineveh.

Yes, all confirmed six of the classical seven wonders are certainly in the game (perhaps the Colossus is in ruins though?), but Europa Barbarorum expanded this immensely and added all manner of local monuments and natural wonders, temples and lakes with gold hoards. These are lovely as a gameplay experience and add a lot, but I would also like to have these wonders listed with their descriptions available at a wiki page or suchlike, outside the game itself.

I'm installing EB2 at the moment to go wonder hunting, but ideally, one should just be able to point to a compilation post or wiki page with links to all wonders, and tell someone history interested to "read all that" if the topic of landmarks in the ancient world comes up.

Well I guess there are so many no one bothered. I personally read everything and when something in particular interests me more I do a proper research about it. I think it's more fun discovering about it while playing the mod than just read everything in a wiki page.

Yes, but not every history-interested person is a gamer. Europa Barbarorum is a well-researched goldmine, and this needs to be compiled so it can be read by others. Sheer numbers is an argument in and of itself for a compilation list.
    Last edited by Karak Norn Clansman; April 09, 2018 at 06:08 AM.

There is a listing of sorts in the downloaded game files. Open the mods\ebii\data\export_descr_buildings.txt file and if you are using Notepad++ (and if you aren't, you need to) it will include the line numbers. Go down to the section called ";;;;;;;;;; EBII UNIQUE BUILDINGS" (line #30460) and the next 1000+ lines are devoted to 4 different buildings (9 levels each), the vast majority of which are the "EB2 Uniques", or "Wonders". There are varying degrees of wonderfulness, I suppose, but that's where you'll find the full list. Each level is preceded by a "comment" section which gives the in-game name of the Wonder, along with the province (in caps) and city (lowercase) where it can be found.

All the descriptions exist in a different file: mods\ebii\data\text\xml\unique_buildings_descriptions.xml (this also needs to be opened with Notepad++, doubleclicking just gives you a mess)

The pictures are culture specific and can be found in one of seven folders: mods\ebii\data\ui\cul_*(the asterisk is used in lieu of numbers that range from 1 thru 7)\buildings\
    EBII Council