Thread: Creating rebels

Default Creating rebels

I was wondering about ways to create rebels. I would like to pacify certain factions/provinces without outright owning them.
    I know i can use spies to create revolts, but im interested in cheat commands that would make a settlement a rebel one or atleast buff a rebel settlement with units so it doesnt get taken over, does anyone have experince with this or know the commands?

Default Re: Creating rebels

You can't spawn new stacks via console, that can only be done with the script, which can't be changed for a game in progress.

What you can do is use the create_unit command if you want to beef up any existing Rebel stacks/settlements. The former are easier to do, since they have a fixed name, whereas sometimes Rebel captains/generals have a different internal name to the visible one.

The syntax works like this:

Code:
    create_unit Thermon "hellenistic infantry hoplitai" 1 0 0 0
    That creates a single unit of Hoplitai, with no experience or upgrades, in Thermon. You need to know the data names of the units, which go inside a quotation mark.

I often use the "create_unit" command to add a little extra difficulty, or to keep alive a faction that seems like its getting beat down too quickly.

I'd add to Quintus's helpful advice that you can easily find the "data names" of units in the Recruitment Viewer!

Take the settlement, run up taxes, put no army in, wait 2-3 turns, and it'll revolt away from you with a reasonably substantial army, depending on what the size of the burg is. (I think, anyway)

I've been doing this in my game in the Sartmatian territories, albeit more because they attacked me, I'm kicking their asses, but their little camps cost more to administrate than they bring in, so I don't really want them.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezertheturnip View Post
    Take the settlement, run up taxes, put no army in, wait 2-3 turns, and it'll revolt away from you with a reasonably substantial army, depending on what the size of the burg is. (I think, anyway)

I've been doing this in my game in the Sartmatian territories, albeit more because they attacked me, I'm kicking their asses, but their little camps cost more to administrate than they bring in, so I don't really want them.
    Would not there be danger of them revolting back to the Sauromatae instead of being independent? And even better, if you actually destroy the faction, but leave their former cities in rebel hands, it might be possible for the revolt script to trigger from that, as I've learned with rebel-held Ambrakia and Epeiros.