Thread: Problems with roman elections.

Default Problems with roman elections.

Hi!

I am currently in 250 BC, with all of Italy, Sicily and the islands under my control. Polybius reforms have not yet appeared.

All my young members of the Roman aristocracy receive an education, do military service and be converted into military tribunes before starting their political career as quaestors.

In all these years, families have grown and there are many more members that belong to the aristocracy.

So, until now, I have not had any problems ...

Every year two, three or more characters are considered "eligible" for a magistracy.
    Then, I send them back to Rome in winter so that the Roman people can choose them.

My problem is that only between one and two are chosen, in most cases two. And I have tried different configurations (taking characters out of Rome) and it's the same. But the point is that not everyone is chosen, and this obviously delays me.

Thus, each year I accumulate more members to be elected, and even delays my military campaigns.

What could be the problem?

I've even considered using the "give_trait" trick but I do not know how to use it ... if someone could explain to me.

Default Re: Problems with roman elections.

If you keep the young men out in the field for ten years they get the trait "true roman", which gives them better chances at winning elections. I usually keep new FMs in Rome for education until they turn 20 and then move them out for military service. FMs that get the true roman trait will then be staying in the field past the time that they're eligible for queastor, but it's sometimes worth it. FMs from a patrician background are also more likely to get elected to high offices.

Eventually you'll have more family members than you know what to do with. That alone will solve a lot of your problems, but it also allows you to be a lot pickier about who you bother grooming for high office.

Quote Originally Posted by Kravixon01 View Post
    If you keep the young men out in the field for ten years they get the trait "true roman", which gives them better chances at winning elections. I usually keep new FMs in Rome for education until they turn 20 and then move them out for military service. FMs that get the true roman trait will then be staying in the field past the time that they're eligible for queastor, but it's sometimes worth it. FMs from a patrician background are also more likely to get elected to high offices.

Eventually you'll have more family members than you know what to do with. That alone will solve a lot of your problems, but it also allows you to be a lot pickier about who you bother grooming for high office.
    Well, there are some of those that I have in Rome waiting to be chosen that if they have the "True Roman" trait and even then they are not elected.

I understand the internal names to use the "give_trait", for example, Lvcivs Conerlius Scipio could be "Lvcivs Romanvs". My problem is that it is neither Lvcivs, nor LvcivsA, nor LvcivsB ....

Beyond what was already stated you could use to affect it, the chance is completely random. Alas, beside that all you can do is keep all the eligible people at the same time in Rome during winter. Oh, and people with high influence have a better chance to be elected Consul too.

You can circumvent the need to know the internal game name of a character by selecting it first and then opening the console and type: "give_trait this [trait_name] [level]".

I think it's good and realistic that not everyone is elected at the first time of asking. Especially if there are multiple candidates for the electorate to choose from.

Not everyone who is eligible and runs for office wins. That's why it's an election, to select an office holder from among several candidates.