Thread: Is there a way for you to make other factions hate each other?

RaggaBaby's Avatar Laetus

Icon5 Is there a way for you to make other factions hate each other?

Many times i find myself in a position during my campaigns that it would be very benificial for my if i could put 2 factions against each other.
    I know i can ask another faction to join me in fighting another faction that i'm currently at war with, but what i'm curious to find out is if it's possible to make another faction start hating the other one by for example tricking them to trespass through the other factions territory therefore worsening there relations.

Anybody got any remarks/suggestions?

Default Re: Is there a way for you to make other factions hate each other?

Pay them to break treaties with each other.

RaggaBaby's Avatar Laetus

Is that something you find yourself using during your own campaigns? And is it possible to get them to eventually even declare war on each other this way?

I do it in mine in the mid-game to allow myself to pick the front I want to fight. Edetani & Arverni fighting each other nearby allows me plenty of time to, say, take on Carthage if I'm Lusitania. Absolutely works, especially when you have the bankroll to break multiple treaties in one turn or in successive turns. Make the first faction break all their treaties, then pay the second faction to declare war. The last step may not be necessary, they may do it themselves.

Follow the chain of diplomacy/relations between the factions you want to set against each other and look for one of their friends and invite them into a war against a friend of the faction you want them to eventually fight. Depending on how far they are on the map and the web of relations between other friends and enemies you might need to take more direction action such as getting rebels or steering via clients.