Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The GREAT HOUSE of BORIS (KAZAK BORISPAVLOVGROZNY)

Default The GREAT HOUSE of BORIS (KAZAK BORISPAVLOVGROZNY)

THIS IS PART OF THE PIKESTANCE GENEALOGY PROJECT. IF YOU WOULD LIKE MORE INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT THE MAIN PAGE LOCATED IN THE SYMPOSIUM.

The Great House of

Boris
    (Kazak borispavlovgrozny)

House Primogeniture

The Lost House

Most of this house will form with elements of other houses, the "House of Caesar." Thus this house was lost to the annals of time.*
    There 14 Generation (the Most) and one revoked member. The least of any house.

Total Patronages: 106 | Current Members: 101

Boris is the creator of the soul of Total War Center.
    He has dedicated his time and experience to implement and launch a revolution that would transform the Total War Center into what it is today.
    He is the creator of the TWC government, A.K.A. the Curia.
    (Source)

First Generation Citizen (21)
    Portuguese Rebel | Trax | Manji | The Knight 2100 (Site co-founder){{Resigned}} |Kinjo (Reiksmarshal) | Nothing | EmeraldWarlock | Lord_of_the_power | Eothain | Username | Scipiusromanus | Ornlu | Germanic | Antalis | Peachy Carnehan | Slythis | Fianoglach | Lady_Dragoon | Dreamer | Duncan Idaho | Syron |

GENERATION 2
    Patron: Trax
    Marcus Trajan | Agent Provocateur | Jarnomiedema

Patron: Manji
    TranceCrusader

GENERATION 3
    Patron: TranceCrusader
    Belisarius[1] (Lucius Veronus)

House of Belisarius (Lucius Veronus)
    Founder of the House of Caesar. Below is his patronages minus the groupings who belong to other houses.

GENERATION 4 Torment | General Sun | Søren | Atilla Reloaded | MoROmeTe | John Wayne (Darth Revan) | Oswald von Wolkenstein | Niccolo Macchiavelli | Didz | MD (Major Darling)

GENERATION 5
    Patron: General Sun
    DisgruntledGoat | Caius Britannicus {{Resigned (?)}} | Waitcu | Spurius | BrandonM | Tsar Stefan Dusan IV

Patron: Søren
    Valus | Rolanbek | Xennik | Decemvir | Ragabash | therussian (Bulgaroctonus)

Patron: MoROmeTe

RusskiSoldat {{Revoked}} | turcopolier

Patron: MD (Major Darling/ Lord Mountbatten)
    Capt. Fozdike | Dead Sun | Invictus XII (Marshal Beale) | TestudoAubreii | Daily

GENERATION 6
    Patron: Valus
    Mimirswell | EmperorJulian | Phaedo | Rhah

Patron: therussian (aka. Bulgaroctonus)
    Shadow_Imperator | Final Frontier | Zenith Darksea | Plutarch

Patron: Daily
    Confederate Jeb | falconpilot

GENERATION 7
    Patron: Mimirswell
    Empress Meg [1]

Patron: Rhah
    Shaun | eventhorizen {{Resigned}} | Beowulf47 {{Resigned}} | Rob_the_Celt

Great Family of Empress Meg

GENERATION 8 Braindead Colonel | The Lizard King| Guy | Carl von Döbeln

GENERATION 9
    Patron: The Lizard King
    Okmin

Patron: Carl von Döbeln

Kallum | l33tl4m3r | The10thLegion | SonOfAlexander | abbews | Raglan (LordRaglan | Raglan von Döbeln) | Hector barbossa

GENERATION 10
    Patron: Okmin

Narf | Starlightman

Patron: l33tl4m3r
    husserlTW | Swiss Halberdier

Patron: abbews
    lolgast |Katsumoto (Voltaire/Serpaph)| Fev | Aanker

Patron: Raglan (LordRaglan | Raglan von Döbeln)
    T.C

GENERATION 11
    Patron: Narf
    Inkie (Inkie Pie | Squid Girl)

Patron: Swiss Halberdier
    DramaBelli

Patron:
    Katsumoto (Voltaire./Serpaph)
    Genius of the Restoration | Poach | Sukiyama

GENERATION 12
    Patron: Inkie (Inkie Pie | Squid Girl)
    Derpy Hooves (Char Aznable /☩Lord Inquisitor Derpy Hooves☩)| Audacia | Lordsith | Frodo45127 | Settra (Doctor Shuu/ Sir Adrian)

GENERATION 13
    Patron: Derpy Hooves (Char Aznable /☩Lord Inquisitor Derpy Hooves☩)
    Dante von Hespburg

GENERATION 14
    Patron: Dante von Hespburg
    Gatsby

HOTLINKS TO GREAT HOUSES FAMILY TREES
    GodEmperor Nicholas | Boris | Rububula | Siblesz | The Black Prince | Wild Bill Kelso | wilpuri | Individuals and Ancient Houses

EDITOR'S NOTES_________________________________________________________________________________________
    1. I am using the term "Revoked" because it is the up to date term used for Ostrakonned.
    2. The Total patronages include all patronages. The "Current Members" refers to all patronages minor citizens that have resigned or have been revoked.
    3. For those of you expecting to see yourself in the "House of Caesar;" The House was created out of thin air and acted more like a club than a House.
    4. Here is an early reference to the house of Boris. (source). Apparently, when Boris left the site, it fell to manji, then later to Belisarius who established the House of Caesar.
    5. Manji source is the House of TWC. The connection between the TranceCrusader, Manji, and Belisarius came from Belisarius himself.
    6. Apparently, the TranceCrusader had his account deleted. This was the only time this was done. However, There is a profile here for a Trance Crusader.
    It is possible that he left and then came backassuming his former profile. The date of joined 2006. The patronage of therussian was in Oct. 2005. This suggests this is the same person.
    7. The Trance Crusader and therussian both list each other in a patronage. Why Soren is mentioned as the patron in the List of Citizens is a mystery. RESOLVED: see source
    8. The profile also mentions a patronage of Lucius Vorenus, which is probably a mispelling for Lucius Veronus. (source)

Last edited by PikeStance; June 19, 2022 at 04:12 AM.

Default Re: The GREAT HOUSE of Boris (Kazak borispavlovgrozny)

I made some recent discoveries. This includes a mentioning of the house of Boris. Apparently, when Boris left, it moved to Manji. At some point, Trance Crusader left. At some point, Belisarius created the House of Caesar.
    There is also some confusion concerning therussian, both he and the Trance Crusader list each other as a parsonage. However, the List of Citizens lists Soren. I need to find the page, but someone mentioned that the Trance Crusader had his account deleted. Apparently the first and only time. When I find the source again, I will link it here. I believe, as a result, the patronage was changed.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The GREAT HOUSE of BORIS (KAZAK BORISPAVLOVGROZNY)

You have a footnote next to Empress Meg [1] ...at the bottom of the page 1 appears to refer to an Ostrakon. I don't remember her being in that situation.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

[1], [1a], [I] etc,... designate major branches. It will serve as an anchor at a later date.
    ”*” are references to Editor’s notes.

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Wow didn't realize I was a first gen citizen ... damn I'm getting old.

Great work, I'm sure Boris would be proud!

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Oh, Narf had two patrons by the way, Okmin and Fortes. So she should be here and in tBP's house, presumably.

Okmin's paragraph is the only one included in the application. Omni stated he would check if allowable. He never stated it, but I do not see anything statement by FortS except to abstain other than a confirmation statement regarding the hearts.
    Within the constitution, only the singular form of the word is used. I would object to multiple patrons. Omni correctly stated out, there is nothing prohibiting claiming more than one.

Since Okmin is the one submitting the client, then he is the patron. I can make a footnote detailing the information.

I also do not know of any other "dual patronages." I supposed it took place in the dark period (2004-2008). One last bit, the list of citizens also only list the one for each person.

Patronage

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Joint patronisation is a unique footnote in the history of the citizenship, although it remains a fact. All three of them (and everyone else, as far as I know) consider this the case and I've never heard any objection to it. It was, funnily enough, a conversation I had when I was applying for citizenship, although I didn't go down that route in the end.

Narf was patronized - in slightly unorthodox fashion - by two patrons in July 2011.
    http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Narf

My memory is quite hazy, but I think there may have been one or two more joint patronisations, way back when (less than 5 overall), but I can't for life of me remember who they were. A lot of very, very old threads that I haven't trawled through in a while. I might be misremembering that though.
    Last edited by Hitai de Bodemloze; April 18, 2018 at 10:01 PM.

I this particular case, the patronage went forward with only one patron. As far as the past is concern, this was Omni's statement: where it's happened in the past, one person has been the sponsor through the patronisation process generally, and then the "under the patronisation" thing in signatures (of which there's no constitutional requirement to do) simply gets expanded to include two patron's.

It doesn't appear it was allowed to take place, formally, but rather informally via signatures. Anyway is welcome to do that. I am only regarding the official patron/ client relationship regardless of later occurrences. This is a Genealogy Project. I must remain objectively to its goal.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

CAESAAAAARRRR!!!
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Certainly a deserved title for Boris, the man that created the Curia and citizenship. You cannot get more prestigious than that.

Trobalov's Avatar Greek Pride

Boris was the real deal back in the days, I can tell you that! Wonder if he's still around

Life is like Chess, once you make a move you can't take it back.

Boris left in a huff before my time here. Many do pop in now and then, but not Boris. A real shame.

Yourself here.

Trobalov's Avatar Greek Pride

Thanks, how nice of you!

Yeah he was like that... He vanished from the earth's face! In my opinion he put his stone for this place to be not just another TW forum but THE TW forum. And actually more than a typical kind of forum too!

Life is like Chess, once you make a move you can't take it back.

Søren's Avatar ܁
    Patrician Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Default Re: The GREAT HOUSE of Boris (Kazak borispavlovgrozny)

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    I made some recent discoveries. This includes a mentioning of the house of Boris. Apparently, when Boris left, it moved to Manji. At some point, Trance Crusader left. At some point, Belisarius created the House of Caesar.
    There is also some confusion concerning therussian, both he and the Trance Crusader list each other as a parsonage. However, the List of Citizens lists Soren. I need to find the page, but someone mentioned that the Trance Crusader had his account deleted. Apparently the first and only time. When I find the source again, I will link it here. I believe, as a result, the patronage was changed.
    I can emerge from the mists of time, if a little belatedly, to resolve this trivial mystery. I doubt it has caused any sleepless nights over the last four years though.

Circa September 2005 therussian (then therussian91) was going to be patronised by TranceCrusader, but Trance had vanished from the forum. I noticed this misfortune and offered to see if Trance was still alive, and patronise therussian if he had in fact shuffled off his coil. I suspect I asked Belisarius (then GENERAL_MAXIMUS) and maybe a couple of others on MSN if they were still in contact with him. Alas no result. So I sponsored him for citizenship myself in October 2005.

An excerpt from his application in my PMs supports this:

therussian91 As some you may or may not know, I have been asked to become a civitate once. Before the dictatorship, a certain TranceCrusader, asked me if I wanted to join the ranks of the civitates. I willingly accepted, after the dictatorship never heard from him again. From that time forth, it was my goal to become a civitate, and I believe that I would be a good man to be one. Then one day, The Bavarian Noble contacted me saying that he would try see if he could get someone to contact Trance Crusader for me. My hopes of becoming a civitate were revived.

(The Bavarian Noble was my old name)

At some point after therussian became a citizen he changed his signature to be under the patronage of TranceCrusader, either because he returned, or just in honour of him. So I was the original patron, which is reflected in the citizen list, but he did decide to change it eventually.

It's actually hard to overstate quite how seriously this was all taken in a small window of time in 2005 and 2006. Citizenship, the Curia, and the cursus honorum of staff positions were important. So many of us spent so much time here and when we weren't posting, we were talking in messengers and chat rooms, often about internal site politics, gossip and intrigue. There were competing power bases and factions - sometimes over personality issues, but equally often over deeply felt views on constitutional issues in the Syntagma. All quite absurd, sometimes charmingly so, sometimes pretentiously so. Well, maybe always. It was definitely among the most unique places on the internet then. But even by 2007 things had stabilised and people were complaining that the Curia was just a shadow of itself, and always trying to revive it.

Nice to see someone is maintaining this history.

Wow, thanks for the information, Soren. Good to see you again!

TranceCrusader was patronised by Manji, Manji was our original grandpa and had made a satellite forum. The Manji site was full of boobies - so i remember this well.

Manji left and came back once, he was into the House system and made a graphic.

Manji then handed the house to be (Trance had left) and I was very close to Justinian who was arguing with tBP, Justinian Joined me, as did a few of Crandars clients (Selukos, Sim (later left because I was an arse to him, completely my fault)

So house of Caesars was House of Manji, as Manji was an original and house of Caesars was House of Manji with additions from house of tBC who split and Crandar who was ostrakoned.

Also, great to see you Soren, I feel we were somehow connected by patronage but its probably because we worked and chatted a lot on MSN.

Also its hard to track me because i was GENERAL_Maximus, Jacobus Maximus, Lucius Vorenus and Belisarius.

Yes... I had identity issues as a kid.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Also ..

I am not sure Major Darling was mine, thought he was tBP, but I forget!

Selukos was mine from Crandar because crandar was ostrakoned (by me )
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Søren's Avatar ܁
    Patrician Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Belisarius View Post
    TranceCrusader was patronised by Manji, Manji was our original grandpa and had made a satellite forum.
    Anagannese... basically the gentleman's club of TWC. Wonder when that finally died, I forgot the link years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Belisarius View Post
    Also, great to see you Soren, I feel we were somehow connected by patronage but its probably because we worked and chatted a lot on MSN.

Also its hard to track me because i was GENERAL_Maximus, Jacobus Maximus, Lucius Vorenus and Belisarius.
    Likewise. And yep I was your third client IIRC. I became Imperial Consul alongside Justinian as Republican Consul (surely the youngest average age in Hex ever between the two of us....) and Seleukos was my predecessor, so the four of us were the original four Caesars that gave the house its name.

Quote Originally Posted by Søren View Post
    Anagannese... basically the gentleman's club of TWC. Wonder when that finally died, I forgot the link years ago.

Likewise. And yep I was your third client IIRC. I became Imperial Consul alongside Justinian as Republican Consul (surely the youngest average age in Hex ever between the two of us....) and Seleukos was my predecessor, so the four of us were the original four Caesars that gave the house its name.
    It technically could be logged into until some time after 2019 I think. But at that point it had long been a post every 1-X years from users. Just a milestone. URL wise I think it died sometime 2019-2021
    Last edited by The Walrus; June 21, 2022 at 02:28 AM.
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast