Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The GREAT HOUSE of WILPURI

Default Re: The GREAT HOUSE of WILPURI

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Opifex confers patronage. Taking that into account my list of Opifex is below. Though I don't recall if any already had citizenship (I'm sure Dirty Peasant did) and would be members of other houses. I suppose that would be a lot more work, so I'll just leave the list here in case you ever feel like looking into including them..
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitai de Bodemloze View Post
    I was under the assumption that it just conferred citizenship, not patronage? Or did it work differently back in the day?
    I do not believe any determination has ever been made. I am inclined to recognized patronages of anyone who accepts citizenship as a result of being given a Large award. I have certainly claimed the one in that exact situation.

Halie, I haven't had a chance to add them yet. I have them listed, so they will be added. The plan is to differentiate them from other patronages by underlining their names.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Cool beans. It's a huge under taking which you should be commended for.

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Okay I always assumed they were houseless when non-citizens received citizenship through large awards. Hasn't happened all too often in recent years.

Blog Entries

Refusal of citizenship was more common back then. Though of those I proposed I only recall MasterofNone doing so. That was discussed in the FATW award thread. He got soft in his old age (though has spies everywhere, so if he show up, you ain't seen me)...

I'm puzzled to not find my father, Noble Savage, present here in the family of imb39.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

I miss NS, he was a great man

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Piett View Post
    I'm puzzled to not find my father, Noble Savage, present here in the family of imb39.
    Noble Savage was patronized by Tom Paine.
    Tom Pain* was patronized by Cunobelin
    Cunobelin was Patronized by Sulla
    Sulla was Patronized by Wild Bill Kelso of the House of Wild Bill Kelso.

*Outside of the List of Citizens confirming this, it is confirmed in Tom Paine's signature, primus pater cunobelin erat; sum in patronicium imb3 (Translations: was the first father Cunobelin; I'm on the protection of imb3)
    The genealogy project considers only patronages and not "under protection" political issues at the time.
    Last edited by PikeStance; June 01, 2021 at 03:55 AM.

Noble was patronized by jimkatalanos, whom was patronized by Garbarsardar. Jim specifically identifies being Noble's patron. Noble never mentioned anything about Tom Paine to me nor in threads that I remember. Noble Savage's ancestors were on wilipuri's lineage on a much older genealogy thread.

Indeed, Ponti. All the great guys have moved on. I couldn't have asked for a better patron and mentor. Him and many others set a high example to look up to.
    Last edited by Admiral Piett; May 03, 2018 at 11:28 PM.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Piett View Post
    Noble was patronized by jimkatalanos, whom was patronized by Garbarsardar. Jim specifically identifies being Noble's patron. Noble never mentioned anything about Tom Paine to me nor in threads that I remember. Noble Savage's ancestors were on wilipuri's lineage on a much older genealogy thread.
    I have learned to not put too much stock in singnatures. For example, Jim claims to be the Patron of Jom and that is not true. He was patronized by mongrel. You can see the application here. I have another signature where the person claimed to be a patron of "x" member and the "Brothers" of another group of people. Both patron and the "brothers" belong to separate branches of lineages. As I mentioned above, it is not at all uncommon for people to switch patrons since patrons/ client relationships were considered to be "active" rather than passive relationship. For example, Clibby once stated that he was homeless because "both of his patrons can't see to stay citizens for long." In another example, GodEmperor Nicholas stated in his farewell signature that he is the "former Patron" of a list of citizens. It was also not uncommon for people to switch for political reasons. In some instances, they will say "under the protection" or they will outright state the person as their patron.

As I said, Genealogy research doesn't take into account such matters. I am only interested in who actually patronized the person. The Patron of Noble Savage according to the record is Tom Paine. The record has been correct 99.999% of the time while signatures are often wrong. Unless you have a copy of the application, there isn't much I can do here.

Blog Entries

There were many who swapped patrons due to scandal, these weren’t always made public. House of the Black Prince definitely lost a few. If you eventually get round to checking, Ostrakon threads might be a place to find announcements. I think Justinian, Tom Paign and Octavian (niles crane), all left tbp’s house during his trial.

Yeah, they are interesting historical occurances. I have read some stuff on it. However, it is not useful for my genealogy project.

Eat Meat Whale Meat
    Technical Staff Citizen Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

There were many who swapped patrons due to scandal, these weren’t always made public. House of the Black Prince definitely lost a few. If you eventually get round to checking, Ostrakon threads might be a place to find announcements. I think Justinian, Tom Paign and Octavian (niles crane), all left tbp’s house during his trial.
    While Sim proudly paraded his membership of the House of Crandar. I remember the name as a bogeyman, but I can't remember why it was so now. Was Crandar an exceptionally draconian and wilful moderator/admin or something?

Blog Entries

Bel has personal in-depth history/knowledge of Crandar.

I recall him being an ass, picking on people for poor grammar/English, first to use bolded/coloured text to comment on what he saw as poor posting and he made the place generally unfriendly. Ironically the text thing was adopted by others, like Ian who was the polar opposite and set the standard for good moderating.

I noticed in my research that H&G used text in bold as well. It was purple. I do not know if they were contemporaneous. Crandar never posted in the thread. I have read very few of Crandar's post. I am curious to see how he was.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

I don't know Crandar at all (even though someone went so far to say that I might be an alt of him....), but from what I could gather, he was not the kind of dude I would really like
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Using the word ‘dude’ would have certainly put you on his naughty list.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

I remember Grandar, an interesting case of a person.
    We even had impersonations of him in the Greek TWH Forums. For a strange reason people used to think he was a celebrity or something.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 13, 2018 at 11:39 AM.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Using the word ‘dude’ would have certainly put you on his naughty list.
    precisely
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

While doing an update to my line, I found this JPEG among some older archives from 2007. I believe this was sent to me by Imb39 soon after the patronization process was complete. So say, summer 2006.

This pic is of a banner from about three months earlier than the one above. Represents a time-point before I was patronized. Probably before March 2006

Last edited by Gaius Baltar; December 08, 2021 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Add information

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

I have been patronized by Gaius Baltar last year, so I'm now part of the Noble House of Wilpuri as well.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast