Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [2017 Modding Awards] Discussion Thread

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: [2017 Modding Awards] Discussion Thread

But it is in the Rome II Hosted Modifications forum
    This means that the whole thread for your mod should be moved in the Battle Map Modifications subforum as well.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Araval, not sure to get your point rightly
    For example, I think it would create a better competition if larger submods like SSHIP (the downloiad size of it seems to be bigger than the hosted SS) competed in one category with hosted mods like EBII (sorry if this comparison is superficial, I've never played them). Then the hoards of smaller submods and mods could have a better competition in a separate category.
    Actually, it should have been "Medieval II: Total War Modifications" instead of "Favourite hosted mod" and "Medieaval II: Kingdoms Hosted Modifications" instead of "Favourite mod/submods". Sorry for the mistake.
    But submods aren't hosted mods.

Blog Entries

I see. Basically separate major and minor modifications
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    But it is in the Rome II Hosted Modifications forum
    This means that the whole thread for your mod should be moved in the Battle Map Modifications subforum as well.
    Because my thread is one of over a dozen my mods of that subforum (KLA's Modifications), there are major and minor my mods.
    Last edited by KLAssurbanipal; May 12, 2018 at 04:39 PM.

Blog Entries

Esteemed members, to avoid any extr confusion, we have corrected the categories' names for the Mdedival 2 Nominations as follow:

- Medieval II: Total War Modifications (former Favourite hosted mods)
    - Medieval II: Kingdoms Hosted Modifications (former Favourite mod/submods)

For those who have already made their nominations, there's no need to correct your post. We will find out

Edit: @ KLAssurbanipal, for the 2017 edition, it's unfortunately too late to change its category. However, based on Araval suggestion (post #22), we'll see what we can do for the 2018 edition.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; May 14, 2018 at 06:42 AM.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Please took my two mods out of the Awards:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Nubia-Unitmod

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...emple-Overhaul

Although i think, there is a very low chance of winning one, as the participation is very low and i personal won´t embarass myself nominating my own work, i won´t accept an award because of a flood of far right antiislam, antifeminism and antileftism threads in the mudpit, which link to extreme political newspages and newsvideos.

I want to avoid the bad shine, that i´m tolerating this for the case that i by random win an award.

Thank you for your time.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Blog Entries

^^ Noted.

The nominations are now closed. We are reviewing them and the polls should follow soon (hopefully )
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; June 01, 2018 at 02:44 AM.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

But how soon, is soon? my democracy addiction needs fed
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Blog Entries

We're doing our best.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

It's mostly my faul gents, as due to my RL issues I'm very discountinuous ATM; please be kind with everyone in the Commitee and in particular with Lifthrasirs, who's taking a big part of the workload on himself
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

And here we are, the polls are finally up!

Click here to be redirected to the Main thread with rules and links to polls.

I apologize on behalf of the Committee for the long time it took us to get to the voting phase, but it was mostly my fault due to impelling RL issues; many thanks to Hader for stepping in on the fly during my absence, as usual he proved to be an exceptional gentleman.

The polls will be up for a minimum of two weeks.

One notice: internally on the Committee we have started a brainstorming with the purporse of trying to revamp/revolutionate the Awards, mostly due to the recent (in the sense of the last few years) reduction of activity and nominations. Later on I will probably posting a public thread, with the purpose of getting an extra input from modders and other members alike.

Flinn,
    on behalf of the
    Modding Awards Committee
    Last edited by Flinn; June 27, 2018 at 06:23 AM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    Here are your nominations:

Cantabrian WarsUnit Pack Compatibility - Rome 2 (UPC-ROM)
    Wonders of the Ancient World [DeI Submod]
    De AI Arbitiis [DeI Submod]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please vote for your favorite!
    Dear Modding Awards Committe,

In the section "Rome 2 - Favorite overhauls, compilations & miscellaneous mod", two mods have been included in the same vote, "Cantabrian Wars" and "Unit Pack Compatibility - Rome 2 (UPC-ROM)". Can someone fix it?

On the other hand, in my nominations have not been included the mods: "Additional Units Mod" by Swiss Halberdier (updated in 2017) for "Napoleon Total War" and "Empire Total War", and not is Swiss Halberdier included as a modder in these games.
    What happened? Can you add this nominations?

Thank you very much for your attention.
    Last edited by Miguel_80; June 27, 2018 at 10:50 AM.

Blog Entries

- Rome 2 - Favourite overhauls, compilations & miscellaneous mod: Poll and list of nominees corrected. Thanks for pointing this out.

- About your nominations enquiry, I let Flinn to answer (he's the Boss here )
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; June 27, 2018 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Typo

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Same mistake in campaign map mod / Battle Map mod, AUM and KLM are mixed up in in one vote.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here are your nominations:

Traits, Talents and Toadies (TTT) - Character Overhaul Mod
    Additional Units Mod - Rome (AUM-ROM)KLA’s Roman Legionaries
    True Legions for True Romans

Please vote for your favorite!
    Ok, Thank you very much Lifthrasir! By the way, the same thing happens in "Favourite campaign map mod/battle map mod" of Rome 2 with "Additional Units Mod - Rome (AUM-ROM)" and "KLA’s Roman Legionaries".

Blog Entries

Thanks guys, mistake corrected.

To the member who has already voted for that "option", can you PM Flinn or myself to precise if your choice goes to "Additional Units Mod - Rome (AUM-ROM)" or "KLA’s Roman Legionaries"?

Blog Entries

@ Miguel_80; if a nominated mod or modder is not added to the polls is simply because the Committee, that checks every nomination, found that the mod in question hasn't been released in 2017 or that the release is not significant enough to warrant a nomination (same logic with modder, if they haven't released anything during 2017 or the release is too thin, then they are not eligible). While the concept of what is "significant" is debatable, the Committee decides collectively after a very in-depth analysis of the controversial cases (even to the point of asking an extra opinion from well respected modders that are not part of the Committee) and its decision is final; if you feel like that we might have missed something very important about the discarded nominations, please feel free to PM me with details and I will submit them to the Committee for further analysis, but if nothing else can be added, then the decision has been already taken.

About the weird polls: that's rather strange! When you make up a new poll you have to fill every option singularly, and you cannot confirm the poll if any of such options remains empty, therefore something weird must have happened while posting them... I suppose this is just another one of the magic oddities of Vbulletin

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel_80 View Post
    In the section "Rome 2 - Favorite overhauls, compilations & miscellaneous mod", two mods have been included in the same vote, "Cantabrian Wars" and "Unit Pack Compatibility - Rome 2 (UPC-ROM)". Can someone fix it?
    On the other hand, in my nominations have not been included the mods: "Additional Units Mod" by Swiss Halberdier (updated in 2017) for "Napoleon Total War" and "Empire Total War", and not is Swiss Halberdier included as a modder in these games.
    What happened? Can you add this nominations?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel_80 View Post
    Ok, Thank you very much Lifthrasir! By the way, the same thing happens in "Favourite campaign map mod/battle map mod" of Rome 2 with "Additional Units Mod - Rome (AUM-ROM)" and "KLA’s Roman Legionaries".
    Thanks a lot Miguel for pointing this out. I wasn't online for several days, so I didn't saw it earlier.

@ Miguel_80; if a nominated mod or modder is not added to the polls is simply because the Committee, that checks every nomination, found that the mod in question hasn't been released in 2017 or that the release is not significant enough to warrant a nomination (same logic with modder, if they haven't released anything during 2017 or the release is too thin, then they are not eligible). While the concept of what is "significant" is debatable, the Committee decides collectively after a very in-depth analysis of the controversial cases (even to the point of asking an extra opinion from well respected modders that are not part of the Committee) and its decision is final; if you feel like that we might have missed something very important about the discarded nominations, please feel free to PM me with details and I will submit them to the Committee for further analysis, but if nothing else can be added, then the decision has been already taken.

About the weird polls: that's rather strange! When you make up a new poll you have to fill every option singularly, and you cannot confirm the poll if any of such options remains empty, therefore something weird must have happened while posting them... I suppose this is just another one of the magic oddities of Vbulletin
    Thanks for fixing the wrong links! Sure I got no problem at all that the comitee decides which mod features the needed significant updates to be counted as eligible for voting if the mod/modder has been nominated.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Thanks for fixing the wrong links! Sure I got no problem at all that the comitee decides which mod features the needed significant updates to be counted as eligible for voting if the mod/modder has been nominated.

Soon I'll probably post a brainstorming thread to discuss about how to revitalize and update these Awards, and I really hope you'll say yours, sir

Just posted this in the artwork page for shogun 2 in steam. If by any reason this goes against the rules please tell me and i'll put it down.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...ploadsuccess=1

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast