Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: More building slots

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: More building slots

a thought about map representation: do you think it would be possible to reduce all cities to only the main building visually? so basically to remove the visual groth of cities, so they would work like in med2 and rome 1 again? i alwayss thought that it's quite stupid, that rome ends up being amost as big as the whole of latium etc
    Sure. Deleting stuff is always much more easier way to go!
    But then visually there will be a lot free space around cities...technically you can add some trees...if you have a lot free time.
    Last edited by Daruwind; April 08, 2018 at 01:36 PM.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

fightermedic's Avatar Ordinarius

oh, nice, this is much better than the default!
    Check out my AOR and balancing Mod for Third Age Total War

Amazing work. I can only imagine all the hours you must have spend on this. The testing, research, trial and error. Specially considering the modtools we have. Finding a way around something we all considered hardcoded, that's impressive.
    I need to spreed some rep around before i can rep your again, but you are worthy to be rep again.

This is a gamechanger for sure.
    I truly admire your dedication to this.

This should be front page news btw.
    Last edited by pawelrut; April 08, 2018 at 05:36 PM.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

I prefer the growing city of rome. This village don't look like rome. ;-)
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Seljuq Prince's Avatar Civis

no city growing is like healing for my eyes )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

better without growing imo

Nice progress!
    Last edited by Viking1978; April 12, 2018 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    I checked Attila Startpos and this is the very same issue. They forgot to add these slots. So it is fixable however keep in mind that new startpos is not compatible with any other startpos mod (TPY, big overhaul mods....) But this fix is doable pretty well down the line. :-)
    Awesome! Of course, I know this is not compatible to some other mods like TPY.... But there are some necessary startpos fixes, stuff that CA messed up... (e.g. there is a character of the Geats that is both a member of the ruling house and the noble house, appearing double). I'd say it is time for a community vanilla startpos... Some other tweaks/mods like TPY etc could use this as a basis.

Any news about what's gonna be the next REVOLUTIONARY mod out there, bro?

My goal is for summer. :-) Thatīs the best i can say right now. Work,school,alergy,real world stuff.

EDIT: to be more specific, Iīm waiting for new campaign pack. It is possible that CA will change/add some things here,some features there or even alter startpos files even for older campaigns... I just want to minimalize numbers of possible problems down the line.
    Last edited by Daruwind; April 24, 2018 at 07:27 AM.

That's a clever way of thinking there, indeed. I bet the new dlc will be released after ToB, 100% sure before summer hits.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Have a nice time meanwhile!

Vadimus's Avatar Foederatus

Big request to explain the process of opening slots.
    Is it possible to use Assembly Kit for this?

Do Attila's building slots work the same way, would you have to do all this over to be able to unlock those?
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Technically yes even for warhammers. Especially regarding minor settlements. But each game has different UI panel, which is hardoced. I know so far what iīm cracking but R2/warhammers have small icons where Attila has quite larger. If you look at my work for R2, Iīm enlarging panel from row x collums 3x2 + 2x2 +(2x2 +2x2) slots to like 5x2 +3x2 + (3x2 +3x2) slots. In case of province with 4 regions there is not much room around panel....and thatīs with my 1920x1080p resolution. Smaller screens might have already problem with my r2 work...In Attila I will need to add whole new row? So major settlement will be 3x3 and minor 2x3 But it could be done, it is only more changes in hexes. Regarding starpost atilla,r2,warhammer are quite similar with warhammer being actually simplified in on map depiction and growing Funny thing is, warhammer UI is somewhat advanced. It is able to depict Major cities with whatever number of building slots..dynamically drawing them while UI part for minor settlement is locked in 2x2 Thaīs one direction of my exploring..if I can copy warhammer major city part back to r2..

Cheers pal !
    Are there any news on this epochal adventure ?

This is absolutely incredible. What I would give to simply have all minor settlements have 4 instead of 3 slots (like Attila and Warhammer) because 3 is so restricting! I thought this was impossible in ROME II. I am stunned!
    "What? Men dodging this way for single bullets? What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance. " - John Sedgewick, Union General, his last words before being killed by a sniper.

This is actually groundbreaking. Immersion was what got me hooked to Rome 1 and Medieval II and having limited building slots really ruined the immersion for me. I read the entire thread and saw it's more work but also possible to implement this feature to Attila. Have you had any contact with the Ancient Empires mod team about this feature? Playing finished AE mod with this submod would be dream come true.

Haedar's Avatar Miles

+rep keep it up please.

Loaded new beta patch and spent last weekend once again playing with UI part, so nothing completely new. Basically checked and recalculated all UI positions, probably it wonīt be too much noticeable from previous screenshots still good brainstorming. Cracking vertical coordinations for fun turned into pretty big challange..

Anyway, new Ancestral update is containing some buildings icons, hinting that chains are now up to 10 tiers for some buildings. And some seems like influencing growth..i would expect such things with inreased number of slots, maybe? So questions is, if CA will touch the way the provincies/settlements/building slots work. However there is so far no indication in UI, db or patchnotes and as the game is using one old system for all these parts so I highly doubt CA would add special system just for this new DLC campaign...but who knows.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

About questions. AE,DEI and others will be probably interested if everything will be working in the end. Only problem is, me being little slow modder. But then again, people were telling me it is impossible for 5 years, so quess people can wait. This is my only apology.. hope nobody is mad due to it. :-)

Anyway onto more interesting topics and stuff:
    Original Province overview 6/4/4/4 in 3x2/2x2 slot arrangement in new Ancestra beta patch for comparison.

2 Cities/Regions per Province

3 Cities/Regions per Province

4 Cities/Regions per Province

Enlarged version 10/6/6/6 in 5x2/3x2 slot arrangement, redone and working.

And way up version 15/9/9/9 in 5x3/3x3 slot arrangement, just some testing for Attila as it has way bigger icons for buildings, probably would need to go up....Personally donīt like the look in R2, to much empty space from beginning, two rows are easy to check,to navigate while three seems like overkill. Anyway, it is not finished, hopefully i will fill lower brackets as well soon

Rough look of what to expect

Funny pictures for now... Seems I can break R2 almost as well as CA can!

To be done:
    Last edited by Daruwind; July 18, 2018 at 05:50 AM.