Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: More building slots

Default Re: More building slots

Daruwind, isn't it possible to release a mini-mod, with 1 additional slot only for the city of Rome? As a demo preview or for general testing purpose? Thanks!

Do you think one could do this for Shogun 2? Like, would the 'major' province be in the same place?

Daruwind,

Announcing a nice mod and not following through is really ugly, we might as well say nothing if it is to leave people on their hunger. Shame on you!

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I honestly don't hear from daruwind since a lot, both twc and discord.
    I hope he'll return back sooner or later.

In any case... I have/know what'ss needed for more building slots.
    I'm slowly building a DeI submod with that feature, and I'll release a sort of guide when released (in the case daru doesn't show himself...)
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...Rome-666-(WIP)

Okay please tell me when your mod are ready

Patrician

So... not sure how this thing will end but there might be the impossibility for having the more building slots feature.
    This depends if the CA will patch or not older games (a patch that will be done just for blocking a lua command).
    The patch will remove the possibility of executing external programs via lua, directly form the game. They'll surely do this for wh2 (which doesn't have more building slots problems btw) and any future tw game.
    If they'll do, it won't be for blocking the more building slot possibility but for avoiding some serious security flaws.
    It also depends if there is some other workaround for patching the dll.
    Which means we just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    So... not sure how this thing will end but there might be the impossibility for having the more building slots feature.
    This depends if the CA will patch or not older games (a patch that will be done just for blocking a lua command).
    The patch will remove the possibility of executing external programs via lua, directly form the game. They'll surely do this for wh2 (which doesn't have more building slots problems btw) and any future tw game.
    If they'll do, it won't be for blocking the more building slot possibility but for avoiding some serious security flaws.
    It also depends if there is some other workaround for patching the dll.
    Which means we just have to wait and see.
    So, if I understand that right, it is possible now to have more buildings slot for Rome 2 unless CA will release a patch which forbid that, isn't it ? Or what ?

Patrician

yes, that's it.
    but it's not that ca forbids more building slots, if they patch it's 'cause of security flaws.

as a further note... it's actually possible to simulate the vanilla building system through lua and UI hex editing.
    wouldn't be exactly the same but enough for having a more building slot feature anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    yes, that's it.
    but it's not that ca forbids more building slots, if they patch it's 'cause of security flaws.

as a further note... it's actually possible to simulate the vanilla building system through lua and UI hex editing.
    wouldn't be exactly the same but enough for having a more building slot feature anyway.
    So, when to see more building slots for Rome 2 ?

Patrician

for what I know, after attila MK1212 next mods should be attila RoM and Rome2 RoR666.
    2022 I think...

It is done well done and All block are good pattern

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Sure. Deleting stuff is always much more easier way to go!
    But then visually there will be a lot free space around cities...technically you can add some trees...if you have a lot free time.
    Hey Daruwind, how exactly did you manage to do this "non-growing" city style? I would love to try this out with Age of Bronze - there are so many benefits to having this kind of system for aesthetic, gameplay and production (i.e. I have more control over the appearance of a city like this) reasons I would want to do it this way and would love to know more!
    3D ARTIST (MODELS/TEXTURES), ANIMATOR, RIGGER

four years to release a simple mod is abuse honestly

Patrician

simple?

for having more building slots you need to:

- build an external exe via lua that will overwrite the game memory (the right value has been found thanks to a NSA reverse engineering program)
    - fix/rebuild the UI codes
    - change every settlement's slots via esf
    - rebalance the whole building system

you should be glad that some people (daruwind and detrooper) abused themselves and made it possible
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 14, 2022 at 04:14 AM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Wow, this is a major improvement to the R2TW system! Marvellous! Rome2 catching up with Medieval 2 engine!
    I understand that you'd add it to 666, @Jake, but is there a news from DeI if they'd implement it?
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Patrician

there is no plan for DeI, no

In this case it is not necessary to announce something if four years after there is still nothing, it is frustrating

Patrician

yeah man, I get you
    But it's a forum for an hobby, people usually like to share what they are working with, feels less robotic.
    There are lot of projects for any TW game that were on going and then they halted for whatever reasons

what I can tell you from my end is:
    - no one hears from daruwind since more than a year
    - I'm slowly building a mod (sort of DeI submod for the RoR scenario) that will most probably have 9/6 slots. I haven't built that part yet but I should have everything is needed for doing it
    I won't do anything for the vanilla game, I'll eventually share material and technical info so that other guys will be capable of doing it themselves.
    Won't be soon

NobleStef80's Avatar Miles

Hello everybody, nice and interesting stuff are being researched here!
    But, from what I understand with my "peasant" mind is that I have a basic question about this feature...

Isn't every upgrade/expansion tight up with the city upgrade animation on the Campaign map???
    Maybe the game expects the upgrade animation for the upgrade to work!
    Just, Food for Thought...!

Patrician

the upgrade/expansion triggers a 3d animation on the campaign map in a specific map hex
    you can work out the hex coordinates by editing the startpos, which means you could have a single hex/slot showed in the campaign map with all the buildings you want inside, for example
    the game will show one model per time though (if you don't re-draw the models and use the vanilla ones)