Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: More building slots

Default Re: More building slots

Well, I very don't like province system from RII (things like this that e.g. Sparta and Athens have the same lvl of public order and etc.), so when you will finish and publish mod with more slots I would to try do mod with one city provinces for Rome II. Gameplay with this system in MK mod is for me much better than vanilla RII/Attila, only problem is too less slots atm.

About problems with update this all in case of next patch/DLC for RII - CA still has any plans to do something new for Rome II?

And congrats for your great work, I'm waiting on public version ^^
    Last edited by Sara Temer; March 07, 2020 at 11:51 AM.
    Wolf girl who likes to draw anime girls ❤️ DeviantArt, Twitter
    Also mad creator of

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,

One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them,
    TWCenter Forum, MODDB, Patreon

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Well it is up to individual modder what he likes and what vision he has. Having option is what is counting here, thatīs why I wanted to crack minor cities as well. Why stopping halfway...

The troubles with "update" were to illustrate possible problems for already established big overhauls in case they would like to incorporate more slots. It is similar to CA changing startpos with new DLCs for example....but if you are starting from scratch, there are then no issues Just rebuild startpos using alterred map files + pack changes to game files (not prepared yet!) + particular UI (default is 6/4, mine is 10/6..no other version is ready) and then you are ready to mod whatever you want...
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Hooray! Congratulations on finding the magic numbers!
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Altered 3C UI

now i know this is boring but i will look into making Attila 10/6 as well (for future usage), maybe check Horde factions....they are limited to 10 slots (which is enough) but ..but..why not look for magic "10" as well and then of course check horde UI how it is set up and if it is limited to 10 as well...and then there is question if I can force polish third row (which was resisting as hell) ..that would allow things like 4x3/2x3/2x3/2x3 slots or 5x3/3x3/3x3/3x3 ..main reason is Attilaīs larger pictures, which i want to keep (every game should be little different right ) so this is finishing stuff for future :-)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Finally you show something!!! so is Rome 2 version finished ?? Can you draw a dead line of release to us?

Great work. Eagerly waiting for the release

Will this work with all the different campaigns in Rome 2? And do you know how you'll release it? Steam Workshop? ModdB? Nexus? All of the Above?

Hi Daruwind - really appreciate all your work on this. I've been looking at expanding Rome to 6 slots in R2 DEI. I can add the extra slot and get it to show in the UI, but coming across the same problems as Emerald Ingot with the "character blocking building construction" issue. Could you maybe share how you solved this (even if it's unstable)? Thanks

Shadow_Imperator's Avatar Italo/Aussie hayseed

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Altered 3C UI

now i know this is boring but i will look into making Attila 10/6 as well (for future usage), maybe check Horde factions....they are limited to 10 slots (which is enough) but ..but..why not look for magic "10" as well and then of course check horde UI how it is set up and if it is limited to 10 as well...and then there is question if I can force polish third row (which was resisting as hell) ..that would allow things like 4x3/2x3/2x3/2x3 slots or 5x3/3x3/3x3/3x3 ..main reason is AttilaÂīs larger pictures, which i want to keep (every game should be little different right ) so this is finishing stuff for future :-)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

@Daruwind
    You ought to be very proud of your work here. You've managed to circumvent something CA didn't know how to do, or simply couldn't be bothered with (and as I'm sure you'd appreciate, this seemed a much harder nut to crack than the extra building slots for Shogun 2). This mod really addresses a depth shortage which has become very evident in more recent CA titles. I can't wait to see this implemented in mods such as Medieval Kingdoms 1212, Divide Et Imperator, and Radious and the like; you've managed to simply breathe new life into this game and allow for levels of settlement depth and uniqueness which have until now seemed impossible. Top marks mate, please keep us updated, cannot wait to see this be implemented across the board man! :-)
    "We are unable to choose the circumstances of our creation, and few of us choose our demise.
    However, as intelligent creatures of freewill, we are gifted, privileged, and so very fortunate; that we are able to choose the manner, in which we choose live". - Me

(If you like my quote or agree with it, you are welcome to add it to your own sig!).
    Under the patronage of Bulgaroctonos - PROTECTOR of the FAITH

Curious question here. However, I was wondering (and this would apply to only megapolises / capitals) if two slots could be dedicated to naval building construction (as to best reflect large port cities such as Carthage, Alexandria, possibly Antioch and later Byzantium etc)? Not to derail you from the man project obviously, it's just an epiphany I had since my last post.
    "We are unable to choose the circumstances of our creation, and few of us choose our demise.
    However, as intelligent creatures of freewill, we are gifted, privileged, and so very fortunate; that we are able to choose the manner, in which we choose live". - Me

(If you like my quote or agree with it, you are welcome to add it to your own sig!).

Thank you

Technically can, in real life it will be manual work for each city. Plus keep in mind naval slots works like trade routes. Having two per city..i have no idea what will happen,if game logic can even work with that.

Much easier way is adding unique building/landmarks in relation to port slot. Look for landmarks in Wh(s). Iīm sorry for repeated lack of info here, slowly finishing ToB project and some UI alterations along the way..

Quasar5's Avatar Foederatus

Absolutely GREAT work!

A few years ago - as far as I can remember - it seemed almost impossible to do but you showed everyone that something is impossible only until someone makes it posssible.

I look forward to implementing this. After playing WH2 with more provincial capital building slots, it's heartbreaking to go back to play Rome II.

OH, now this would bring me back to R2! Any plans for a release? This is truly amazing stuff and would add so much needed province variety with true farming, culture/trade, and military provinces. I cannot stress enough how much I'd love to give this a go.

Iīm releasing ToB mod in month and after that during summer will finally release R2 version. :-) Sorry guys, working as slow as possible
    Last edited by Daruwind; June 07, 2020 at 04:45 AM.

Don't apologise mate, I'm grateful someone has been able to crack this problem that limited the games so much!

I'll check back after summer Thank you.

Would be quite interesting to later see this get intergrated into mods like DeI or Para Bellum, among other overhaul mods.

Still, great work Daruwind! Playing around with more building slots would make for more interesting gameplay, indeed. Thanks for your hard work.

One city province is possible option for R2 as well.

However in my eyes it is detracting from province system. Firstly whole interaction between multiple settlements, culture tensions, possible revolts taking weak spot, edicts... simply keeping more cities in province with 10(12)/6/6/6 you have interaction of 28(30) slots while one city in province is probably easier to balance stuff but how many slots you are really needing? 10-16? So you have more on map in total but less in interaction....plus it is making every city into more or less a copy. Yes, you can add landmarks, special buildings but now you have secondary buildings for major city and minor ones. Under one city in province, you can merge all options and have everything everywhere. Plus whole concept that some provinces are bigger or more economically powerful...with one city, you can simulate certain degree....for example Egypt province. It has multiple Grain resource buildings so it is standing out among others. After this you will have multiple similar cites with Grain all over Egypt ...but it is valid way. Value/money/tax can be balanced. We are playing R2/Attila/ToB,Wh(s) wich limited slots for years now so having 20+ slots per city why?

So I would say that option to alter minor settlements would be useful for some mods as well. Let people decide.
    If I can suggest my variant. 6/8 for minor cities. 10/12 maybe 14 for major ones. Like some special major cities, might have let say 12...normal major 10 and minor ones 6. For example. For me another question is, can third row of buildings be added? For example Attila has way larger pictures....one city per province is okey with 10-12 buildings. But imagine whole province with 4 settlements. We have to go up. like 4x3/2x3/2x3/2x3 slots...but all this is way future. Iīm happy that the ther eis actual progress after so many years.
    I actually agree with this sentiment. After playing MK1212, I feel much the same way.. The value of conquering a whole region feels diminished if each individual city/province is also it's own region. Sadly the map is much less moddable than compared to Rome 1 / M2TW, that's something we just have to live with. My best compromise, and I've given this a bit of thought (it occurred to me whilst playing MK1212), is that cities be "paired up". So two cities/provinces make up a region, to which edicts can then be applied. It would allow for closer integration of those two cities, whilst allowing from much more diverse city builds and freedom of construction if we went back to the vanilla orientation of 3 or 4 cities per region. Perhaps the big metropolises *in the case of MK1212 here* (Constantinople, Alexandria, Cairo, Jerusalem, Cordorba, Baghdad) might be 12 slots. Large cities / smaller capitals (Roma, Antioch, Thessalonike, Palermo/Syracusa, Damascus, Mosul, Aleppo, Tblisi, Smyrna, Ikonion, Trebizond, Venezia, Milano, Trier, Paris, London, Toledo, Lisbon ect) 10 slots. Small cities (Adrianopolis, Sredets, Dyrrachion, Mystras, Barcelona, Marseilles, Genua, Napoli, Frankfurt, Split, Homs, Dyarbakir, Van), 8 slots. So on and so forth.

So each region would have a 'greater' and a 'lesser' city, so to speak.

Since I've played Byzantium most extensively, I'll use that part of the world, and it's peripheries as an example.

The first city would be the "greater" settlement, and the second the "lesser" settlement.
    Paristrion: Sredets (8 slots) - Tarnovo (6 slots).
    Dardania: Dyrrachion (8 slots) - Skopia (6 slots).
    Hellas: Thessalonika (10 slots) - Mystras (8 slots).
    Thrake: Konstantinopolis (12 slots) - Adrianopolis (8 slots).
    Thrakesion: Smyrna (10 slots) - Kyzikos (6 slots).
    Opsikion: Nikaia (10 slots) - Dorylaion (6 slots).
    Kibyrrhaioton: Chandia (8 slots) - Rhodos (6 slots).
    Kilikia: Sis (10 slots) - Attaleia (6 slots).
    Anatolikon: Ikonion (10 slots) - Ankyra (8 slots).
    Pontos: Trapezounta (10 slots) - Sinope (6 slots).
    Kappadokia: Kaisareia (10 slots) - Malatya (8 slots).

I'm not saying this ought to be concrete, it's merely a suggestion as to a framework and a method of implementation.
    Last edited by Shadow_Imperator; July 26, 2020 at 07:19 AM.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

well thought

Just quick update .) side project with ToB is nearing successful end
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...7#post15936027
    CA after some messaging and etc fixed AK for us and I can process map as well now

The one city = region is great idea from DETrooper but ultimately game is loosing whole province system and that being said I like complexity all those eddicts, effects and especially buildings with province side influence..it was adding. And surely every city could be tailored around central resource? But province allows mix of 2-4 various resources at least and it offers choices or synergies...

And I fully agree that number of slots should be scaled with city importance. 8/10/12 for various major cites. Exactly!

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Just quick update .) side project with ToB is nearing successful end
    Happy to hear