Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: More building slots

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: More building slots

I´m somewhere between campaigns in Warhammer 1 :-) the progress is going well. And basically I´m expecting tomorrow Vampire Coast patch for WH2..there seems to be new feature for settlements allowing other race to control hidden secret building
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15691980
    Sadly with Wh1 modding and playing Wh2, progress for R2/Attila is slow..
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Ok, thx, take all the time you need, obviously.
    I asked just for info.

So... the most promising mod after POR is abandoned when it seemed to be close to release.

Quote Originally Posted by Vardano View Post
    So... the most promising mod after POR is abandoned when it seemed to be close to release.
    I think more promising than POR....

+1...sort of a nightmare...

I´m still continuing, I´m mostly focusing on Warhammer 1 due to my progress there, Steph would love to get help with Warhammer 2 all campaigns mod and Rome 2 is somewhere behind it all. Not speaking about Attila at all... lately I have not much free time for modding, lot real life, sorry guys, hopefully i will have at least tome Warhammer 1 news after New Year..
    Last edited by Daruwind; December 07, 2018 at 07:25 PM.

Patrician

Thx daruwind

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

thanks for the update daruwind
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Best of luck, man!
    Don't overwork yourself.

Maybe releasing a beta would at least calm our anxiety ! Understand us this mod represents a huge step forward for Rome 2 modding scene.

Patrician

Just passing by to notice Daruwind we have, into DeI' devs forum, a thread with a couple of plans to kidnap you. Some are soft, some are harsh.
    We've tracked your home through the photo you posted, the one with all those written notes.
    We know where you go to drink coffe.
    We know...

Well guys,
    During Christmas I helped Steph with his SWO-RD project, altered unit UI for him
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15718623
    We have some other plans for Wh2 as my campaign building overhaul will sooner or later reach Wh2 as well. So that is Mortal Empire and Vortex campaign,then I´m slowly progressing with my Wh1 version of mod
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post15715686
    And somewhere behind that is ToB, Rome 2 and not even started on Attila

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Is it scripting help that you're looking for? There are a bunch of scripters for Warhammer 2 in a Discord group called the C&C Modding Den who might have tips for you.

Patrician

Yeah, it was just a ... reminder, something like this one
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

First off, great work on this!

Daruwind, if we wanted to make simple changes ourselves (i.e., something easy like adding a 4th slot in a non-port city - no UI changes needed), can that all be done in the startpos?
    Within startpos, is this all handled in the Region_Manager>Regions_Array, or do you need to make changes in the CAI section also?

I just want to make a quick change to Rome 2, and sadly it doesn't look like R2 mods will be coming for a while!

Many thanks, and keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Well guys,
    During Christmas I helped Steph with his SWO-RD project, altered unit UI for him
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15718623
    We have some other plans for Wh2 as my campaign building overhaul will sooner or later reach Wh2 as well. So that is Mortal Empire and Vortex campaign,then I´m slowly progressing with my Wh1 version of mod
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post15715686
    And somewhere behind that is ToB, Rome 2 and not even started on Attila
    Experience has told me that multiple projects leads to nothing.
    Finish one and start with the other one. Damn I wish Rome 2 would be your 1# priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Doge View Post
    First off, great work on this!

Daruwind, if we wanted to make simple changes ourselves (i.e., something easy like adding a 4th slot in a non-port city - no UI changes needed), can that all be done in the startpos?
    Within startpos, is this all handled in the Region_Manager>Regions_Array, or do you need to make changes in the CAI section also?

I just want to make a quick change to Rome 2, and sadly it doesn't look like R2 mods will be coming for a while!

Many thanks, and keep up the good work!
    sadly it is not so easy, you need multiple more areas to make it working...and to tell truth my main problem right now is instability in R2. In Wh1 my procedure is working in R2 not always.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    Experience has told me that multiple projects leads to nothing.
    Finish one and start with the other one. Damn I wish Rome 2 would be your 1# priority.
    You are very right but at the same time this is exactly the reason why I made some progress I´m comparing and tinkering with UI and startpos files of more TWs at the same time...R2, Wh1/Wh2. They are different yet from each I put together some piece of information..

I also would like to know why you prioritize all this titles over R2, do you simply like those games more? I mean TOB has no fan base when compared to R2.

I also would like to know why you prioritize all this titles over R2, do you simply like those games more? I mean TOB has no fan base when compared to R2.
    No other total war post R2 has a bigger fanbase than ROME 2 stats are a fact.

Foederatus

Ok, so, I've been poking around in the files to try to figure out how to open up Rome's 6th slot, and I've made some progress. In the startpos, I've added a new slot in Region_Slot_Manager and given it a unique ID. I've gone into the settlement_expansion_manager and added a new secondary_slot_array, changed it's number, adjusted it's x/y location to an unoccupied slot, changed it's slot_footprint_array to correspond to it's new location, ajusted it's slot_zoe_array to cover that location (though I've just deleted the walls for now). I've added sprawl_blocks to the new x/y coordinates for the slot footprint.

In map_data, I've added a new slot_array_block, adjusted the slot_positions_block to correspond to my new x/y coordinates, and adjusted the slot_area_blocks to fit the slot_footprint_array.

I've adjusted the campaign_map_settlements_table to allow for the extra slot in Roma, and even added a settlement_5_slot in the slots_tables.

Still, with all of this, while the slot will show up in the UI in-game, it won't allow me to expand the building. "A character is blocking..."

So. While I understand that you don't want to write up a full guide until you've got the process locked down, I would like to know one thing; is the key to unblocking that extra building slot in the CAI_World_Regions array, CAI_World_Settlements array, and CAI_World_Building_Slots array? Or am I just massively overthinking this?