Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: More building slots

Default Re: More building slots

Great!

Quote Originally Posted by sinuhe2 View Post
    Great!
    Great, is too little to say. It's damn EPIC. But indeed IMHO too slow. Maybe an alpha mod out will hit the jackpot...Cheers !

Haedar's Avatar Miles

Excellant work Daruwind, in last two picture is what Iam see is seperation of italy region?

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Haedar View Post
    Excellant work Daruwind, in last two picture is what Iam see is seperation of italy region?
    That is probably just illusion, I was playing only with UI part and some DB entries to speed up growth to test it. :-)
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

we are all waiting, mr. daruwind, keep working please.

Seljuq Prince's Avatar Civis

Can there be building icons on three row setup on every row? if so that would look great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

More building slots was a permanent request to CA/SEGA. Great job. What's next , have you find a way to "connect" strat_map model of a city with teh actuall one on the battlefield?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by Seljuq Prince View Post
    Can there be building icons on three row setup on every row? if so that would look great
    Yes, that´s actually pretty well working part. The not so well working part is about finding hex coded 0 position among a lot other insignificant zeros..so far no luck, that´s why UI in this case looks so crazy...I´m trying to find the right 0. Doing horizontal things is pretty easy as i´m changing hex coded X to 2X and such stuff but going up... :/
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    More building slots was a permanent request to CA/SEGA. Great job. What's next , have you find a way to "connect" strat_map model of a city with teh actuall one on the battlefield?
    No, haven´t tried that plus it is not such a big problem for me...But you are free to go ahead and try to mod it yourself. Anthonius, this thread is solely for discussion about building slots, try to keep our arguments about other R2 stuff in other dedicated threads. Thanks.
    Last edited by Daruwind; July 20, 2018 at 06:05 PM.

Daruwind, sorry I'm probably bothering you, but just let ask you if you have in mind to release something in the near future.....you provide absolutely no info's about that. Cheers.

Nah it is not bothering at all. Honestly no idea, definitely don´t expect anything publicly playable soon. After RotR i will decide what next, right now I´m trying to explore lua scripting because there might be also answers i´m looking for... Once I will start putting together playable mod, i will create new thread under mod section to keep clean track there. First playable thing will be probably tweaked GC map with full 6/4 slots for cities without ports. But honestly I´m poking building slots for 5 years...this year finally saw some major breakthroughs but it will take as long as is needed..

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

woow AMAZING MAMMOTH SIZED EPiC work

thank you a thousand times +rep
    Last edited by ♔atthias♔; July 22, 2018 at 12:25 PM.
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Well, this looks pretty ing AWESOME. I didn't think this was possible at all, so take your time, we've waited 5 years, we can for sure wait longer.

This is game changing. And I hope that teams like DeI can "learn this power" (XD) and implement it in their mods, in due time.

Thank you for your efforts man.

Great work and would be great er with different Icons

So...as byproduct of my work, I unlocked building slots for minor settlements in WH1+2 (technically the number of building slots can be set via Assembly Kit but UI for minor settlements were locked to just 4 slots as well in R2/Attila. And of course this option is only in WH1+2, for R2/Attila this must be done manually..)

So with rebuilded startpos via assembly kit with some more modifications, with hex edited UI and taking into consideration how building slots unlock via main building chain of settlement. It works very well.
    Lower test is done just with first two parts and inserting a lot same buildings into these particular minor settlements just for display/test purpose.

It was not the goal for today as I´m still somewhat not done with R2 but at least it is nice result just to some side tests..... UI is not cleaned so some boxes, lines are missing..

With just 5th slot for minor settlements

With 5th+6th slot added

Occupied minor settlements, slots opened for buildings

And for comparison default province look 8/4 in case of faction capitol else 6/4

Last edited by Daruwind; July 26, 2018 at 06:48 AM.

Citizen

this is good news darrowind very much I apreciate the effort

one question tough do you think you can have 18 lots in the main setttlement and 6 in the minor ones together because according to a modder if you do more than 18 slots in a main settlement the UI starts to over lap with the end turn button in WH1/2

D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

We cannot escape size of monitor, but we probably can add third row! The WH example has 10+6+6 slots in 5x2+3x2+3x2 configuration (rows x columms for building icons). What about 15/18+9+9 in 5/6x3+3x3+3x3 configuration? The horizontal size is the very much the same. And It is very similar problem to Attila which has much bigger building icons and we won´t be able to put there as many icons in two rows only...

But then one issue is quite lower understanding,orientation, quick overview of province. I know it sounds like nothing special but a few people told me it is harder to navigate at least from looks. We are now very train to play with horizontal setup. Not vertical..It was very common fear from people.

Second much bigger issue is cracking vertical part, that is much bigger headache. I analyzed Rome 2 file almost hex by hex and still I´m unable to finish it in three rows properly without glitches... WHs UI is somewhat dynamical and the most advanced from all three games, but luckily the minor settlement part is almost the same across all games. :-)

PS: actually I have no idea if people playing on lower resolutions are having problems even with not so many slots...I´m working only on my 1920x1080p monitor...I suspect CA that this was one reason why slots are limited as they are...

EDIT: Lower is just test with 4 settlement province with 10/6 slots. Capitol can be really like 12 and coupled with 6 slots in minor, province would have similar slot count as having 18 in capitol and 4 in minor. But the slot distribution between major,minor settlements would be much better. This example has 28 slots which is from WH1 default 18 quite an improvement +50%. UI can be tweaked a little...+/- another 6-8 slots could be added.
    Question is how much more slots do we really need. And that´s without third row anyway.

Last edited by Daruwind; July 26, 2018 at 05:53 PM.

I said this more than one time: epic work. But don't forget that R2 is the most playable games in the TW series...

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    We cannot escape size of monitor, but we probably can add third row! The WH example has 10+6+6 slots in 5x2+3x2+3x2 configuration (rows x columms for building icons). What about 15/18+9+9 in 5/6x3+3x3+3x3 configuration? The horizontal size is the very much the same. And It is very similar problem to Attila which has much bigger building icons and we won´t be able to put there as many icons in two rows only...

But then one issue is quite lower understanding,orientation, quick overview of province. I know it sounds like nothing special but a few people told me it is harder to navigate at least from looks. We are now very train to play with horizontal setup. Not vertical..It was very common fear from people.

Second much bigger issue is cracking vertical part, that is much bigger headache. I analyzed Rome 2 file almost hex by hex and still I´m unable to finish it in three rows properly without glitches... WHs UI is somewhat dynamical and the most advanced from all three games, but luckily the minor settlement part is almost the same across all games. :-)

PS: actually I have no idea if people playing on lower resolutions are having problems even with not so many slots...I´m working only on my 1920x1080p monitor...I suspect CA that this was one reason why slots are limited as they are...

EDIT: Lower is just test with 4 settlement province with 10/6 slots. Capitol can be really like 12 and coupled with 6 slots in minor, province would have similar slot count as having 18 in capitol and 4 in minor. But the slot distribution between major,minor settlements would be much better. This example has 28 slots which is from WH1 default 18 quite an improvement +50%. UI can be tweaked a little...+/- another 6-8 slots could be added.
    Question is how much more slots do we really need. And that´s without third row anyway.

the main reason I ask for something like this is the fact that in WH2 I have to few slots since the queen and crone patch hit to build everything so hence my question because the author of the mod could not add more vertically
    so one day when you are finished with all of this I look forward for the ability to build a mod like this with three rows either myself or others

thanks for the in depth reply

Maybe when in pause you can check army stances and allow more slots for that. I guess it's not so hard as building slots. Cheers.

Laetus

Hello everyone, I'm Emanuel from Argentina, and this is my firts post. Excellent work Daruwind, more slots will make much better games. I can't wait.