Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: More building slots

Default Re: More building slots

Hey, can someone say its already done and can download or no?If ja pls give link. More slots for Total war rome 2.
    My bad english cant read all this

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

NO IT'S NOT.

Am still looking forward to more news about this mod.
    It's been over 2 years now, so close to its apotheosis!

Daruwind, I love you for doing this!

Is there a tutorial on how to do this?

I've been waiting for this mod for 2 years, I'm glad the work continues)

someone know where i can find the link to download this mod please ?

Patrician

there is no link anywhere, no one has done a more building slot mod yet
    there is no tutorial 'cause it's a pretty much complex thing to do
    sad to be said but patience is the only thing you can count on

Miles

What did I read here about adding more regions as well?

Hello Daruwind! I believe you are already aware of the Attila missing slots. I just discovered a missing slot in Rome 2, Wrath of Sparta campaign, Pronnoi settlement, province Ambrakia. It has one settlement slot, one port slot and one minor slot instead of two.

I am begging for a release of a methodology for adding the missing 4th/6th slots to our startpos mods!

Patrician

@Sander
    that's... another business
    but yes it is coming true, watch some youtube videos for attila's RoM mod (lotr mod)

@athanasio
    methodology should be just doing startpos and adding the slots in all the correct fields (6/4 at max without a "more building slots tool")
    don't put more than 4/6 'cause AI should be capable of building inside more slots too (player won't)
    don't ask me about startpos 'cause I never did them yet (but it's plenty of tutorials, watch magnar's on youtube)
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; December 01, 2020 at 05:11 AM.

methodology should be just doing startpos and adding the slots in all the correct fields
    Yeah, I have no idea what these fields are and what steps need to be done for the creation of a functional slot (is startpos extraction into xml necessary, for example?). And there was an issue about the AI upgrading the slot and the slot's position on the map? Still talking about the 4th/6th slots of course.

I played around once and created a 4th slot with a farm in a 3-slot town but that slot wasn't functioning properly (no upgrade, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    @Sande
    that's... another business
    but yes it is coming true, watch some youtube videos for attila's RoM mod (lotr mod)
    will their campaign map modding tool work for rome 2 too ?
    Last edited by sourav; December 02, 2020 at 08:28 AM.

Patrician

so they say
    but it's really too early to talk about that now, they are still working on first attempt, attila's lotr mod (rise of mordor)
    also... don't know what kind of tool they have in mind but... do a map from scratch... it will be a pain.
    It will, most probably, require tons of time and a lot of tech capabilities

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

So just quick news. DETtrooper finished his magic and broke last broblem with Attila and with his help and Jake we managed to the same with Rome2.

-We can alter memory to change hardcoded limits for slots
    -We have functional UI
    -We are able to recompile startpos to

..well. We can move to do something playable with that. :-)

@Athanasios55 missing slots. Yes, i will tackle them even in Attila. No promised now but i will try to look at problem once I´m doing R2 campaigns recompiling as well.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Finally! And maybe 2020 is not that bad after all.(no)
    This is gonna be so big for AI, it is what I cared the most. Big thanks to everyone.

Now gentlemen, if we can dream a bit, my two new wishes for Rome II.
    1. More cities, it is shame that Greece has only handful of cities and many other cities are missing which were epitome for classical antiquity.
    2. To make difference between the walled cities, as it is now level 1,2 or 3 of walls have no real difference. In Rome I the difference between city walls was huge part of gameplay.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

I got single old idea, that number of wall artillery can be altered. I was not checking stuff lately to know what is the possible interval (0 up to 10ish 15ish??) So we can have difference between various city levels and type (economy type of city vs military 0/0/3/3/5 vs 3/6/9/12/15) and with more slots we can add various new type of buildings....roads (TM), garrisons, I got some other ideas that might be possible (region wide reinforcement to any battle around)...but those are all just side ideas. Changing battle maps, that is another completely different area.

About campaign map, guys behind Attila Rise of Mordor team are working on campaign map tool, which can unlock map for R2/attila/ToB/Wh1Wh2/Troy/3K... Trully next level stuff. This is another serious long term project...
    https://youtu.be/_TccgMtzC5Q

It just takes a lot time. I remember all the talks about impossible stuff but it just need awful lot of energy and will..
    Last edited by Daruwind; December 17, 2020 at 04:39 AM.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Wow, this is crazy great news, I mean campaign tool. I'm watching your link now.

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    I got single old idea, that number of wall artillery can be altered. I was not checking stuff lately to know what is the possible interval (0 up to 10ish 15ish??) So we can have difference between various city levels and type (economy type of city vs military 0/0/3/3/5 vs 3/6/9/12/15) and with more slots we can add various new type of buildings....roads (TM), garrisons, I got some other ideas that might be possible (region wide reinforcement to any battle around)...but those are all just side ideas. Changing battle maps, that is another completely different area.

About campaign map, guys behind Attila Rise of Mordor team are working on campaign map tool, which can unlock map for R2/attila/ToB/Wh1Wh2/Troy/3K... Trully next level stuff. This is another serious long term project...
    https://youtu.be/_TccgMtzC5Q

It just takes a lot time. I remember all the talks about impossible stuff but it just need awful lot of energy and will..
    Outstanding news! There will be completely new games!

can you tell me when we can play with this mod?

Patrician

when a modder will release a mod with more building slots