Thread: Two Family Members in a Legion?

Default Two Family Members in a Legion?

Hellow there!!

First of all, THIS IS THE BEST MOD!!!!!! i'll never get tired of playing!!

I have a small question,

I'm doing a summary about Cursus Honorum (i love this guys!) but i have an issue with the first years of our new family members.

I plan that the first 2,5 years of their lives will be spent in school. The rest 7,5 years will be in Military Service, to reach the Tribunus Military Office before 26 years old, and the get the Queastorship.

I was thinking that those years of service could be spent in a legion commanded by a preator or consul. And that's my point, in all my TW experience, i did not get the same results when i put 2 FM in an Army that when i put 1 only.

So, when i have only one general commanding, get more exp when he's lonely? Could it be that when are more than one they get negative deals?

Regards and thank you all!!!

And excuse me if my english it's not perfect

Default Re: Two Family Members in a Legion?

Sorry, when i ask:

Could it be that when are more than one they get negative deals?

I mean, negative traits.

I've never noticed any negative but very few bonus's as well , they will get office's just sitting in Rome . But it is a good idea to keep 2 FM in your armies unless you like said army turning grey (rebel)
    FM in EB getting negative traits just has always been the norm , you will almost always end up with a bunch of no matter what you do .

No there should be no reason why having 2 FMs in a stack causes negative traits to accumulate. That's just bad luck on your part. In fact, keeping an auxiliary FM/backup general in a stack causes the non-leading FM to accrue some minor combat experience(only the leading FM gets all of the battle-related trait outcomes though).

I usually have 2 FM per army as Rome: 1 young FM who is an eques, and 1 experienced FM who has imperium (preferably a consul or proconsul... I try to keep praetors and propraetors governing lands near dangerous areas).

I replace the eques when he has enough military experience (mouse-over "Eligible for Quastorship" to see how much he has so far... the description changes as the FM spends more time in the military or outside cities). I replace the experienced FM when his imperium is relinquished. While the army is waiting for someone with imperium to take over, I have the eques stay with the army in a defensive position.

I DID notice that sometimes the FM without imperium gains most of the traits and bonuses after a battle. I think what's happening is that the game engine doesn't really care about who has imperium and just designates the most "able" general to command an actual battle. I like to think that the FM with imperium is simply there for appearances while the hot-shot eques really runs the show. I even get triumphs for the non-imperium FM occasionally if he commanded and won certain battles (I've also had client governors receive triumphs from defending too... I don't know how historical this is).

Thanks for your answers!

I'm just ussing the youngest ones to patrol and eliminate the bandits.
    I ask this because, when i was playing EB I, i had negativa traits everywhere, and i thought that it had to be related to placing two generals.

Right now, i only have Consuls leading the Legions, and they are veeeery god men. I have a few question right now:

Can only two magistrates be elected per year?

Pd: i leave a photo of my republic!

I'm past Marian reforms and control the entire western Mediterranean as Rome. Sometimes I get over 10 elected positions in a single turn (4+ consuls, 2+ aediles, 2+ quasters, 2+ praetors, etc). I'm not sure if this answers your question.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by XDeath007 View Post
    I DID notice that sometimes the FM without imperium gains most of the traits and bonuses after a battle. I think what's happening is that the game engine doesn't really care about who has imperium and just designates the most "able" general to command an actual battle. I like to think that the FM with imperium is simply there for appearances while the hot-shot eques really runs the show. I even get triumphs for the non-imperium FM occasionally if he commanded and won certain battles (I've also had client governors receive triumphs from defending too... I don't know how historical this is).
    You're right here. I'd guess that the M2TW engine designates the general with the highest Influence - that was Piety in the base M2TW, if I'm not mistaken. If this issue was fixed, you're able precisely to tell who is going to lead in advance of entering the battle (when the screen initiating the battle shows up, you learn it anyway). Hmm, I might be wrong though, it may apply only to the governors in the settlements...

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    You're right here. I'd guess that the M2TW engine designates the general with the highest Influence - that was Piety in the base M2TW, if I'm not mistaken. If this issue was fixed, you're able precisely to tell who is going to lead in advance of entering the battle (when the screen initiating the battle shows up, you learn it anyway). Hmm, I might be wrong though, it may apply only to the governors in the settlements...
    Only in terms of governors. For generals it depends on highest command, and possibly whether they are FL/FH. Usually a general without Imperium should have lower command due to penalties, but that doesn't always happen. Anyway looking at who has the gold star and who is with the silver star has never failed to point me to the person whould be commanding in a battle.