View Poll Results: After the Romans, which playable faction(s) would you like AAA Generals to cover next the most?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arverni

9 8.33%
  • Carthage

42 38.89%
  • Egypt

26 24.07%
  • Iceni

6 5.56%
  • Macedon

25 23.15%
  • Parthia

16 14.81%
  • Suebi + Marcomanni (Imperator Augustus)

6 5.56%
  • Pontus

11 10.19%
  • Seleucid

24 22.22%
  • Baktria

8 7.41%
  • Getae

5 4.63%
  • Armenia

5 4.63%
  • Massilia

8 7.41%
  • Boii

5 4.63%
  • Galatia

6 5.56%
  • Nervii

4 3.70%
  • Arevaci

4 3.70%
  • Lusitani

4 3.70%
  • Syracuse

11 10.19%
  • Athens

16 14.81%
  • Epirus

14 12.96%
  • Sparta

17 15.74%
  • Massagetae

3 2.78%
  • Roxolani

2 1.85%
  • Royal Scythia

5 4.63%
  • Ardiaei

5 4.63%
  • Odrysian Kingdom

5 4.63%
  • Tylis

2 1.85%
  • Cimmeria

3 2.78%
  • Colchis

4 3.70%
  • Pergamon

11 10.19%
  • Kush

3 2.78%
  • Nabatae

3 2.78%
  • Saba

2 1.85%
  • Numidia

2 1.85%
  • Sparta (Wrath of Sparta)

5 4.63%
  • Athenai (Wrath of Sparta)

5 4.63%
  • Boiotian League (Wrath of Sparta)

5 4.63%
  • Korinthos (Wrath of Sparta)

5 4.63%
  • Aurelian's Rome + Clients (Empire Divided)

10 9.26%
  • Gallic Rome + Clients (Empire Divided)

5 4.63%
  • Palmyra (Empire Divided)

4 3.70%
  • Sassanids (Empire Divided)

7 6.48%
  • Gothi (Empire Divided)

3 2.78%
  • Saxoni (Empire Divided)

3 2.78%
  • Caledonii (Empire Divided)

2 1.85%
  • Alani (Empire Divided)

2 1.85%
  • Armenia (Empire Divided)

4 3.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: [Released] AAA: Roman Generals (v1.0.1)

Default Re: [Released] AAA Generals: Rome (v0.9)

Is there any non-steam link to the submods polybian style uniform and marian style uniforms?

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: [Released] AAA Generals: Rome (v0.9)

In preparation for the final 1.0 release of the Romans, I've just made a minor change - swapped the old thumbnail with a new one.

The reason for this is because I am removing the changes I made to Varro in the Battle of Cannae and making my Dad represent Pompey Magnus for a different mod which fully re-implements the Battle of Pharsalus (can find the mod here). I've improved the head model textures a lot (better eyes, better normal, fixed mouth etc) and I made a cool little 3D render of him in Marmoset Toolbag 3 to better represent him as Pompey Magnus alongside Julius Caesar in the new briefing cutscene (which makes use of unused audio files).

Here's what the real Pompey Magnus looked like, for the sake of comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Yumi View Post
    Is there any non-steam link to the submods polybian style uniform and marian style uniforms?
    No, there isn't. I'll put it up as a separate download soon.
    Last edited by Benjin; February 24, 2019 at 12:36 PM.
    3D ARTIST (MODELS/TEXTURES), ANIMATOR, RIGGER

Default Re: [Released] AAA: Roman Generals (v0.9)

love the mod bro keep it up. Just one question, after my generals reach lvl 9 and 10 they got their helmets removed and get the purple scarf instead of the red one like in the pictures above. Im using the base mod and the imperial grand campaign submod edit: this cesar model spawns in the grand campaign right? Or you need the dresden historical family submod aswell.

this head is also pure perfection

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by LegionKarta; March 18, 2019 at 12:47 PM.

“It's so much easier to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey . . .”

- Garrus Vakarian, Mass Effect 2

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by LegionKarta View Post
    love the mod bro keep it up. Just one question, after my generals reach lvl 9 and 10 they got their helmets removed and get the purple scarf instead of the red one like in the pictures above. Im using the base mod and the imperial grand campaign submod edit: this cesar model spawns in the grand campaign right? Or you need the dresden historical family submod aswell.

this head is also pure perfection

[IMG][/IMG]

Hey, sorry I'm not 100% sure what you're asking on your first question - are you asking if it's correct for generals to replace their helmet with a gold wreath at ranks 9 and 10? If so, then: Yes for helmets being swapped to wreaths, but only for some characters - most wear a new ceremonial-style helmet instead. Yes also for the purple cloaks - all Roman characters get a purple cloak at rank 10.

As for the second question regarding Caesar, short answer is yes you need Dresden's historical family submod in order to see Caesar - with his appearance from the “Caesar in Gaul” campaign - spawn in the Grand Campaign. Long answer is that, in the vanilla game, there are historical characters who spawn as recruitable candidates for your faction (and, I believe, for the AI as well). However, there’s an obscure bug with their appearances - they are assigned generic random appearances instead of the ones they are supposed to be given in the database files. They only appear correctly if they are spawned via a payload (i.e. an award from an event or dilemma), which is what Dresden’s mod does (his mod only works for your faction and party though). This is why people sometimes see a “Gaius Julius Caesar” character appear on the campaign map around 100BC for Rome, but without his unique appearance he is hard to spot whether or not he is a historical or a randomly generated character.
    Last edited by Benjin; March 20, 2019 at 12:42 PM.

Do you need to change anything to the mod if i for example change the spawning time of caesar in the dresden submod. Tried to get him normally but at 367 turns in i conqured all of the map so no point for him to spawn anyways. And if i do what do i need to change?
    Last edited by LegionKarta; April 06, 2019 at 05:19 AM.

“It's so much easier to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey . . .”

I know its a long time away but when you do Empire Divided the generals will have more of an attila feel or standard Imperial general

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by NoloSmolo View Post
    I know its a long time away but when you do Empire Divided the generals will have more of an attila feel or standard Imperial general
    Yeah, it's a while away - Empire Divided will probably be released around the end of the year as there's a lot to do for them.

The Romans (Aurelian) in ED I imagine will have an Imperial / Third Century look about them.

Low Ranks (1 - 3)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Politician

Middle Ranks (4 - 7)

Politician

High Ranks (8 - 10)

Politician

I don't know yet for the Gallic Romans + Palmyrenes. Maybe they'll look mostly similar to the above references but with minor differences. Perhaps their high ranks could be entirely different, more closely matching the style of their faction leaders (e.g. Gallic Romans could have slightly more Imperial-styled armour like Tetricus'. Palmyrenes could have slightly more eastern-styled armour like Zenobia's).
    Last edited by Benjin; April 07, 2019 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjin View Post
    Yeah, it's a while away - Empire Divided will probably be released around the end of the year as there's a lot to do for them.

The Romans (Aurelian) in ED I imagine will have an Imperial / Third Century look about them.

Low Ranks (1 - 3)

Politician

Middle Ranks (4 - 7)

Politician

High Ranks (8 - 10)

Politician

I don't know yet for the Gallic Romans + Palmyrenes. Maybe they'll look mostly similar to the above references but with minor differences. Perhaps their high ranks could be entirely different, more closely matching the style of their faction leaders (e.g. Gallic Romans could have slightly more Imperial-styled armour like Tetricus'. Palmyrenes could have slightly more eastern-styled armour like Zenobia's).
    Holy cow with that lvl 10 general i would even fight the 100 percent autoresolve lol.

btw still didnt figure out the Family System AAA general question above (im itching to conqur everybody with Caesar

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Are you asking if you need to change anything to the AAA Generals: Rome mod if you edit Dresden's Historical Family System - Gens Julia to have Caesar's spawning dilemma trigger at a different time?

If so, then no. However, I did inspect the HFS mod's "historical_characters_tables" > "FamilyRome_historical_characters" table and noticed that Dresden didn't assign unique appearances to his historical characters. So, you'll either need to edit it yourself to have Caesar spawn with his correct appearance by importing the new table and editing it (the mod uses an old one from patch 17 I think, which was before CA fixed the issue where spawned characters didn't get their assigned appearance) or ask Dresden to do it.
    Last edited by Benjin; April 07, 2019 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjin View Post
    Are you asking if you need to change anything to the AAA Generals: Rome mod if you edit Dresden's Historical Family System - Gens Julia to have Caesar's spawning dilemma trigger at a different time?

If so, then no. However, I did inspect the HFS mod's "historical_characters_tables" > "FamilyRome_historical_characters" table and noticed that Dresden didn't assign unique appearances to his historical characters. So, you'll either need to edit it yourself to have Caesar spawn with his correct appearance by importing the new table and editing it (the mod uses an old one from patch 17 I think, which was before CA fixed the issue where spawned characters didn't get their assigned appearance) or ask Dresden to do it.
    ok thanks for the answer il ask him and hope that he isnt to busy

PERMISSION TO USE YOUR TEXTURE FILES.. IM GONNA MERGE IT TO ROME 2 VANILLA.... GONNA HAVE TO EDIT ROME 2 VANILLA's skin texture of Male & female generals. and i will also give them unique equipment and armor sets.

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

I don't think this is a good place to ask for permissions - I've sent you a PM regarding your question.
    Last edited by Benjin; April 08, 2019 at 07:00 AM.

ok.. btw thanks benjin.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456