View Poll Results: After the Romans, which playable faction(s) would you like AAA Generals to cover next the most?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arverni

9 8.33%
  • Carthage

42 38.89%
  • Egypt

26 24.07%
  • Iceni

6 5.56%
  • Macedon

25 23.15%
  • Parthia

16 14.81%
  • Suebi + Marcomanni (Imperator Augustus)

6 5.56%
  • Pontus

11 10.19%
  • Seleucid

24 22.22%
  • Baktria

8 7.41%
  • Getae

5 4.63%
  • Armenia

5 4.63%
  • Massilia

8 7.41%
  • Boii

5 4.63%
  • Galatia

6 5.56%
  • Nervii

4 3.70%
  • Arevaci

4 3.70%
  • Lusitani

4 3.70%
  • Syracuse

11 10.19%
  • Athens

16 14.81%
  • Epirus

14 12.96%
  • Sparta

17 15.74%
  • Massagetae

3 2.78%
  • Roxolani

2 1.85%
  • Royal Scythia

5 4.63%
  • Ardiaei

5 4.63%
  • Odrysian Kingdom

5 4.63%
  • Tylis

2 1.85%
  • Cimmeria

3 2.78%
  • Colchis

4 3.70%
  • Pergamon

11 10.19%
  • Kush

3 2.78%
  • Nabatae

3 2.78%
  • Saba

2 1.85%
  • Numidia

2 1.85%
  • Sparta (Wrath of Sparta)

5 4.63%
  • Athenai (Wrath of Sparta)

5 4.63%
  • Boiotian League (Wrath of Sparta)

5 4.63%
  • Korinthos (Wrath of Sparta)

5 4.63%
  • Aurelian's Rome + Clients (Empire Divided)

10 9.26%
  • Gallic Rome + Clients (Empire Divided)

5 4.63%
  • Palmyra (Empire Divided)

4 3.70%
  • Sassanids (Empire Divided)

7 6.48%
  • Gothi (Empire Divided)

3 2.78%
  • Saxoni (Empire Divided)

3 2.78%
  • Caledonii (Empire Divided)

2 1.85%
  • Alani (Empire Divided)

2 1.85%
  • Armenia (Empire Divided)

4 3.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [Released] AAA: Roman Generals (v1.0.1)

Default Re: AAA Generals (Rome) - Aging, Advancing, Acclimatising

Hey!
    Thanks for the great mod, I absolutely love it!
    But I think there is a problem in RotR version of the mod - in my RotR campaign when my character gets old (I believe it's the skin which activates when hitting the age of 60), its porthole disappears from the family tree and becomes just a blank square.
    The only mode I use which changes skin or characters is yours, so there are no any conflicts. If I deactivate the mod, then characters appear normally again, but vanilla ofcourse.
    Can someone check and confirm the problem?

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Hey DDOS420,

Yeah it's my fault - I forgot to include the old Politician variants / a few old rigid_mesh_v2's. If you use "AAA Generals: Rome" in combination with the RotR version, they will show up I think.
    3D ARTIST (MODELS/TEXTURES), ANIMATOR, RIGGER

Quote Originally Posted by Benjin View Post
    Hey DDOS420,

Yeah it's my fault - I forgot to include the old Politician variants / a few old rigid_mesh_v2's. If you use "AAA Generals: Rome" in combination with the RotR version, they will show up I think.
    Just tested and it works that way.
    Thanks for the quick response, you are awesome, keep doing your thing!

By the way, your TW Center download link in the original post leads to Steam Workshop.

Superb work
    Under the Patronage of Hadrian

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by DDOS420 View Post
    By the way, your TW Center download link in the original post leads to Steam Workshop.
    Yeah, I used to have a direct download link but encountered a weird issue when uploading an updated version, so I just diverted it temporarily to the Steam Workshop. Once I've got my final release done - which fixes a few more things and adds hair for all Generals (planned release for this weekend) - I'll try to put the TWC direct download link up again which I think will work. Also for RotR, once I've done the Early Roman Politicians (currently I've used the ones from "AAA Generals: Rome", which don't have the same head / hair as their General appearances do) and the Etruscans, I'll put up a separate TWC download link as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jegui View Post
    Superb work
    Thank you!
    Last edited by Benjin; August 22, 2018 at 07:41 AM.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Great work, Benjin! +rep

I've just downloaded your mod for my Macedonian Wars campaign with Rome. Looks really promising!

Here are actually some screens of Quintus Flaminius in action.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Yeah, I used to have a direct download link but encountered a weird issue when uploading an updated version, so I just diverted it temporarily to the Steam Workshop. Once I've got my final release done - which fixes a few more things and adds hair for all Generals (planned release for this weekend) - I'll try to put the TWC direct download link up again which I think will work. Also for RotR, once I've done the Early Roman Politicians (currently I've used the ones from "AAA Generals: Rome", which don't have the same head / hair as their General appearances do) and the Etruscans, I'll put up a separate TWC download link as well.
    Wow, so update #4 is the final one? That is good to hear. Are you planning to rely on the poll results if we speak about the order in which the factions will get their generals done?

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by DDOS420 View Post
    Wow, so update #4 is the final one? That is good to hear. Are you planning to rely on the poll results if we speak about the order in which the factions will get their generals done?
    Hopefully yeah, update #4 for "AAA Generals: Rome" will be the last major one. Any further updates for it that follow will only alter minor stuff, but it'll be at a stage where I feel comfortable enough with it being left alone for a while so I can work on other things.

Going by the poll, Carthage is the most voted individual faction. The Hellenic factions (e.g. Egypt, Macedon, Athens, Sparta) make up a large majority of the votes, which puts the Hellenic culture group first over all the other ones.

Back before the poll started, I had already started working on Egypt since I was more inspired to do them at the time. So, the next AAA mod is going to be covering Egypt, Cyrene and Cyprus (AAA Generals: Egypt). After Egypt is done, I will do the entire generic Hellenic culture group along with a unique art set for Sparta, titled "AAA Generals: Greeks" and then later do a mod covering Carthage, Libya and Nova Carthago titled "AAA Generals: Carthage". Nothing else is planned beyond that.

Great news and looking forward to the completion of AAA Rome! Having voted for Syracuse I'm just super happy that it will receive some love eventually and wouldn't mind waiting for a bit xp

I know that I'm jumping the gun here but I would maybe suggest in the future to consider a system like Demokritos - to give some factions the full AAA treatment, but otherwise - for example acclimatisation can be neglected for Germanic/Desert factions since they are in either hot/cold climate for the most part of the year, or having only 4 stages for advancement, etc. I would love to see the full AAA treatment for all factions but I'm just happy that you are spending your time on this so do take your time!

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Great news, since I voted Egypt!

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Indeed. How is your progress on Egypt, Benjin?

Edit: Congrats on this mod getting a 'hosted' spot. It is most deserving.
    Last edited by Dead*Man*Wilson; August 27, 2018 at 07:24 AM.

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: [Released] AAA Generals: Rome (v0.9)

Yes, the mod series is now hosted!

I will be making separate threads regarding Egypt and then Greeks and Carthage soon.

Skotos of Sinope's Avatar Macstre Gaposal

So, the next AAA mod is going to be covering Egypt, Cyrene and Cyprus (AAA Generals: Egypt). After Egypt is done, I will do the entire generic Hellenic culture group along with a unique art set for Sparta, titled "AAA Generals: Greeks" and then later do a mod covering Carthage, Libya and Nova Carthago titled "AAA Generals: Carthage". Nothing else is planned beyond that.
    Where do the planned AAA faction expansions for RotR fit into that? Will those come after?

EDIT: Hmm. Maybe I should have posted this in the RotR thread. I didn't notice one had gone up today.
    Last edited by Skotos of Sinope; August 27, 2018 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skotos of Sinope View Post
    Where do the planned AAA faction expansions for RotR fit into that? Will those come after?

EDIT: Hmm. Maybe I should have posted this in the RotR thread. I didn't notice one had gone up today.
    Etruscans will be next, although we can't give a date just yet.

Hello. Awesome mod you have there. But could you please give me a separate download link? When I click on spoiler it doesn't appear. Thanks.

But could you please give me a separate download link? When I click on spoiler it doesn't appear. Thanks)

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Seeing how it's taking a while getting to 1.0 due to working on the Greeks, I've just uploaded a separate download link on TWC (it no longer directs to the Steam Workshop) for those who can't / don't wish to use Steam Workshop's.

However, I'll be updating the mod again in the very near future to 1.0, so if you use this download then you'll have to re-download and replace it manually to get the new features when it's updated.
    Last edited by Benjin; October 17, 2018 at 01:03 PM.

Benjinthank you very much!

can you provide non steam link of AAA submods polybian and marian sets of general's uniform..

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast