Page 93 of 108 FirstFirst ... 43688384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 2148

Thread: The catchphrase game

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: The catchphrase game

"Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

To lose one's shirt?
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by realm56 View Post
    To lose one's shirt?
    Nope. There's more to it than each pic standing for a word. It's more like a narrative in 2 pics.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Seems kinda obvious....

If you can't beat them, join them.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Seems kinda obvious....

If you can't beat them, join them.
    Is the right answer. I'm sorry to inform you it's now your turn to post a riddle.

@Sar1n, you got a riddle?
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Oh, totally forgot. Okay...let me think a while...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I hope I haven't posted the same thing before, it's one of my favorite sayings. Anyway...the pillow is the most metaphorical image. Could have been many things...

Is there anything you could give for a hint, Sar1n? Something that would lead us, but not give it away?
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Patrician Artifex

Forgot to check this:

Speak softly and carry a big stick

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    Forgot to check this:

Speak softly and carry a big stick
    So did I.

Correct, and your turn.

Patrician Artifex

np, tnx, next one

To throw you a beating?
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Patrician Artifex

Nope. "throw" is correct though.

Throw a line?
    - Sun Tzu

I feel cheap taking realm's answer and tweaking it in such a small way, but I would say "Throw a life line".
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post
    I feel cheap taking realm's answer and tweaking it in such a small way, but I would say "Throw a life line".
    And you make me feel cheap for having to say you're correct Especially because you're going the minimalist way (I tried to depict "throw someone a life line")

Your turn

Ah, so I was doubly cheap. How embarrassing!

Anyway, I am swamped with work right now, so if realm wants to take the turn (something to which I think he is more than entitled), then feel free! If there isn't something new up in the next couple days, I'll post something myself though.
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Feel free to take the turn Kilo, you got this one fair and square, I don't think I'll be able to post one for a bit.
    - Sun Tzu

Dang. I too have not had much time to put something together, and right now I'm busy, and tomorrow we're leaving to visit in-laws for a couple weeks. The turn is therefore open to whoever might want to take it!
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources