Page 67 of 108 FirstFirst ... 174257585960616263646566676869707172737475767792 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 2148

Thread: The catchphrase game

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The catchphrase game

Both blanks wrong I'm afraid.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex Magistrate

Come home with your shield or upon it
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Blog Entries

Muizer has it, was inspired by Kilo to take something of a similar tone
    and Peaman

"Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush? Arm/shoulder is not the same as hand though.

Yeah that's incorrect. In fact none of the words in that sentence are in the solution

Indefinitely Banned

No bird. So no blue bird.

Flying High

No

The bird in the tattoo is called "great tit" in English, which gives me a lot of ideas. All of which are probably wrong and best not expressed on a quality site such as TWC.

No, wait!1!! It came to me while writing this message. It's "tit for tat"!

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrionalis View Post
    It's "tit for tat"!
    Well done

I'm afraid I have to appeal to Flinn for the rep.

Blog Entries

Repped him
    and Peaman

Thank you, Kongen! Here is the next one.

Content warning! It features a non-graphic image of an accident scene, so I put it in spoiler tags in case someone is not in the mood to view one.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Septentrionalis; April 16, 2021 at 10:24 AM.

I guess a hint is in order. This is a short biblical expression with nothing really left unrepresented in the pictures.

Indefinitely Banned

God's love conquers death. I have been on love conquers death for a day but that isn't a real phrase and cheating is no fun.

That is a profound thought, but I would never represent God with a picture of Gollum. This is a well-known King James bible quotation that has been referenced a lot in music particularly, but also in film and games.

Hint time. In the first picture, what might Gollum be saying when he looks like that?

Well, I thought about "precious" or something to do with that, but I still am nowhere. I mean, "A precious trophy overcomes death"? Nope. Maybe something like "My love triumphs over death itself"? If that's it, I think enoch gets a half point though, as his post above has basically that.
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

You are closing in in a way and I am dying to give you another hint (it feels so good when someone finally gets it ), but it is perhaps fair to wait a while and see if someone connects the dots.

Yeah 'precious' was an obvious interpretation of the first pic, but in terms of catchphrases it's complete dead end for me. I got to something along the lines of "count your blessings" or "carpe diem" but I can't find anything equivalent that fits the pics.

Same here. I think a hint is in order, or I am going to just start rambling out random Bible quotes
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing