Page 62 of 108 FirstFirst ... 123752535455565758596061626364656667686970717287 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2148

Thread: The catchphrase game

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: The catchphrase game

blast from the past?
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    blast from the past?
    Yep, that's it.

Patrician Artifex

Yippee!

Hint. The word 'boomerang' isn't in the solution.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

What goes around comes around.
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Patrician Artifex

Yep. Your turn.

Alright, here is the next one. Hopefully it isn't too easy...

| My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Great minds think alike.

Hmm... Maybe it was too easy. Sept has the floor!
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

That was really too easy, even me was able to get it

Sept, please give us the next one thanks!
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

With great pleasure! Good to see you back Flinn after a short and well-earned time off the forum. Thank you Muizer and others who got me up to speed with this image sharing thing.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Hint time! This is a well-known quote out of an action movie.

How are we supposed to read the images? Is it left to right and top to bottom, or clockwise, or counterclockwise? Also, just as a general request, would you be okay putting your images into a linear string in the future For me at least, wondering about the order makes this almost impossible for me to come up with any ideas.
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post
    How are we supposed to read the images? Is it left to right and top to bottom, or clockwise, or counterclockwise? Also, just as a general request, would you be okay putting your images into a linear string in the future For me at least, wondering about the order makes this almost impossible for me to come up with any ideas.
    It's clockwise starting from the upper left-hand corner. I appreciate you asking; I now feel kind of stupid as I realize that it is not a commonly shared intuition. My intention was not to make the challenge any harder by unusual placement of pictures/clues.

No worries. And it is an easy oversight. I mean, no part of me actually thought it would be counterclockwise, or start anywhere than top left, but reading it left-to-right top-to-bottom seemed equally sensible as clockwise. Thanks for the hint! Now if I can just figure out the actual answer...
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

I guess it is time for another hint. This catchphrase game is interesting in the sense that it seems like adequately hard ones are really hard to come by. Either it is way too easy or way too hard, and it is difficult to estimate for the one posting the riddle.

I intended the first picture in the clockwise progression to be this, but I thought that it would be too easy. So let's see if this one helps. Replace the pointing finger with this one:

Maybe something like: "Up outta bed and face the day"
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Septentrionalis, is the above right? I just want to make sure the game keeps moving, but that's hard when there is an open guess on the field.
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Oh, sorry for the oversight. No it is not correct.

I'll give you the next hint. There is no bed involved in the answer. Concentrate on the action in the picture and try to fish a verb out of it.

Patrician Artifex

Well you wanted guess. I'll post what I'm thinking for each pic, so you can see where you've lead people

1) point, that, there
    2) cover
    3) frown, angry, malicious (I don't know the cartoon character)
    4) sky

Anyway I don't know hardly any movie quotes so I won't be guessing this one.

I really thought that this would be too easy without a few curve balls.

I will help you further. The cartoon character's name is pivotal, and she has to do with the Moomin stories, the familiriarity of which I also may have overestimated. And remember the traffic sign hint and that this is an action movie quote. Thank you for trying even though it is harder than intended.