Page 60 of 108 FirstFirst ... 103550515253545556575859606162636465666768697085 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 2148

Thread: The catchphrase game

Default Re: The catchphrase game

@Sept: You can use the Albums feature here on the TWC for putting images up without having to make an account to any other site (it is a bit of a clunky old feature though). The details on how to do that are also covered in Shankbot's guide I think. Also, the ability to attach image URLs should work, and if you are having trouble, you can ask for some techy techy support in the relevant area here on the TWC.

To get back to the game though, would you mind dropping us a hint Sept? I think we are somewhat stumped right now. Anything to get us thinking in the right direction would be lovely!
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Okay, a hint. The man in the picture actually represents an animal!

If you need more help, it starts from the upper left-hand corner and goes around clockwise.

I really thought this would be on the verge of being too easy, given how insanely hard ones you guys regularly crack here. It is hard to estimate hopw others find an entry.

I really have no idea, but someone's got to make the first wild guess. So how about "Beer, buffalo, and bugles." as a first attempt?

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrionalis View Post
    If you need more help, it starts from the upper left-hand corner and goes around clockwise.
    This is something that I think should not be given as a "hint", but rather be apparent at the outset. For simplicity, I'd suggest always putting pictures in an obvious order, so that we can better guess what you're getting at. Ultimately, presentation of your hint is up to you though.

I really thought this would be on the verge of being too easy, given how insanely hard ones you guys regularly crack here. It is hard to estimate hopw others find an entry.
    It is always hard to know what will be easy or hard in these. Sometimes it clicks for someone, sometimes not.
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post
    I really have no idea, but someone's got to make the first wild guess. So how about "Beer, buffalo, and bugles." as a first attempt?
    You are kind of close. Try to substitute some of them with words of related meaning and see if it opens up to you. I have a feeling that if I tell you the answer, you are going to be like "oh I should have seen that".

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Grab the bull by the horns?
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    Grab the bull by the horns?
    Bullseye! Sound the trumpet and grab a beer, we have a winner and that is no bull. Can someone please rep this outstanding individual for me?

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Bullseye! Sound the trumpet and grab a beer, we have a winner and that is no bull. Can someone please rep this outstanding individual for me?
    I've ripped repped him
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Patrician Artifex

"Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Must have cost an arm and a leg?
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Patrician Artifex

nope

Patrician Artifex

Ok I guess it is hint time. What would you like to know more about, the left or the right picture?

If we wanted a clue for both would we have to cross your palm with silver?

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    If we wanted a clue for both would we have to cross your palm with silver?
    I'll just say "you are correct" and leave it up to you what that applies to

Mak, I believe you owe us a new prompt to guess at. Or someone else may post a new set of images.
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Oooh, sorry I do - I have been thinking about it but am all out of inspiration. If anyone else would like to step in I'd be grateful!

(and promise not to guess again until I've got something pre-prepared!)

Anyone wish to take mak's turn? It is fair game, and first come is welcome to post something.
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Patrician Artifex

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Beyond the pale...
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Patrician Artifex

That's the one. I regret to inform you that means it's now your turn.