Page 59 of 108 FirstFirst ... 93449505152535455565758596061626364656667686984 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 2148

Thread: The catchphrase game

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex Magistrate

Default Re: The catchphrase game

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    Just deserts.
    ?
    That's the one.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

I should stop guessing these, until I get some better ideas of what to post! Oh well, here goes...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spur of the moment?
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

These catchphrase things are just too difficult to me, and I think that I am going to give up. It really drives me up the wall that I cannot get any of them.

Nicely done Sept! I can't be certain if you're being cheeky or not (tone is so hard to convey on the internet), but you definitely got the one above right! We'll have to wait for confirmation from Muizer as to whether or not it is really right, but I myself am pretty darn sure you got it.
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrionalis View Post
    These catchphrase things are just too difficult to me, and I think that I am going to give up. It really drives me up the wall that I cannot get any of them.
    Is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post
    Nicely done Sept! I can't be certain if you're being cheeky or not (tone is so hard to convey on the internet)
    I didn't mean to be annoying or impolite at least, but yes, that is very typical humor of me.

Okay, here goes my very first catchphrase entry!

Last edited by Septentrionalis; February 16, 2021 at 06:51 AM.

Not sure if it is just me, but I can't see anything. When I click "Show" on the spoiler, nothing opens up...

Could someone else either confirm or deny this?
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

yup the image link is broken
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Trying to get that image link working (tried two different file sharing services) has been so hard and exhausting, that I need to do something relaxing for a change. I think I'll go see if I can find and befriend a barracuda or a moray.
    Last edited by Septentrionalis; February 15, 2021 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Still trying, not working.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I didn't mean to be annoying or impolite at least, but yes, that is very typical humor of me.

Okay, here goes my very first catchphrase entry!

EDIT3: The clickable thumbnail at least works. I have no idea why this is so hard. What should the url and address look like in plain text? Clearly just using [IMG] [/IMG] does not suffice and the built-in function does not work.

Hmm - code should be [img]http://img4.imagetitan.com/img4/small/23/23_conundrum2.jpg[/img]

I got through to the picture by going to the code, but it came out very low-res - can you try imgur, or a TWC attachment?
    Last edited by King Athelstan; February 16, 2021 at 03:54 AM.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Not sure if you know about this Sept, but for a solid guide on all things that can be put into a post (images, links, formatting, etc.), as well as other things on the site (signature, avatars, etc.), check out Shankbot's Unofficial Guide. It'll show you how to do anything, and will save you a heap of trouble when trying to format things.

Another simple method for getting to grips with linking images and whatnot is to just hit "Reply With Quote" for one of the above posts that has images, and then view the post in raw code (at the top left of the reply box, make sure the editor is switched to "Source Mode". You can then see how others have used the BBcode markup for images, links, and everything else. That was how I first learned a lot of the ins and outs of making fancier posts here, and now most of it is second nature for me.
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post

Another simple method for getting to grips with linking images and whatnot is to just hit "Reply With Quote" for one of the above posts that has images, and then view the post in raw code (at the top left of the reply box, make sure the editor is switched to "Source Mode".

THIS THIS, a THOUSAND TIMES THIS
    and Peaman

Okay, nothing seems to work. Not regular image tags not the more complicated ones used by some members that have url tags with image tags within. In addition, the url to the large-size image I only had in my original post, and the entire link has mysteriously been deleted from my post. Feel free to post anyone and resume the game.
    Last edited by Septentrionalis; February 16, 2021 at 07:31 AM.

Blog Entries

Img doesn't work, but should be able to link to the website, no?

http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?i...conundrum2.jpg
    and Peaman

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    Img doesn't work, but should be able to link to the website, no?

http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?i...conundrum2.jpg
    Yeah, I got back to my tabletop where I had the image saved and was going to try one more time. I wonder if that service somehow prevents the use of the pictures without a link to their site. Thanks for trying to help, by the way. I was hoping that I would not have to make an account to any service.

Yeah, I got back to my tabletop where I had the image saved and was going to try one more time. I wonder if that service somehow prevents the use of the pictures without a link to their site. Thanks for trying to help, by the way. I was hoping that I would not have to make an account to any service.
    I use postimages.org. It's free and you do not have to have an account.