Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 858839899100101102103104105106107108
Results 2,141 to 2,148 of 2148

Thread: The catchphrase game

Default Re: The catchphrase game

Is there any way you could give us some sort of hint Sar1n? I know that is sometimes hard without giving it away, but just a little thing to get us on our way would be lovely!
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post
    Is there any way you could give us some sort of hint Sar1n? I know that is sometimes hard without giving it away, but just a little thing to get us on our way would be lovely!
    Oh, I forgot I have this one going. Sorry.

Very well known phrase, became a bit of a meme. The movie had a few sequels in name, but not in the spirit.

I'm still having trouble. Maybe you could give us a couple hints about the movie. It seems like that might be a fun sub-riddle to help us get to the original catchphrase riddle you started. (I don't want you to just give this away, as it seems like a good one, but I think we need something to keep things going.)
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

I was tempted to write "the cake is a lie", but that would probably be taken wrong. Let me just say that there is no actual cake in the phrase. The picture has different meaning....

The movie...hmm....how to put it. It's one of favorites of "meme culture". It has sequels, but they might as well not exist. And it's not The Matrix.

I am going to make an executive decision and declare a mini-riddle in order here. Sar1n, could you put together a "guess the movie" riddle for the film this is from? It would be a fun way to keep things moving without you just giving it away. And at this point, I would love to see this riddle solved properly without you giving it away, but I think we need more to go on. So if you could put some pics together for the movie's title we can guess on that, and when we have that right someone can go from there to solve the catchphrase riddle.
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Sorry, been a bit busy with moving.

While I get the idea, I'm afraid that if if you'd have to wait till I figure out the riddle without giving it away, you apes would have to live forever, want or not. And that is a hint.

Sorry, Sar1n, but I think it might be time to just tell us what it was. I have tried different things but not really gone anywhere, and we should try to get the game moving again.
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Yeah. I don't have much time now with moving, so I guess I'll pop it. In hindsight, it'll become obvious:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: