Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Divide And Conquer HotSeat Guide!

DOOMinator111's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Divide And Conquer HotSeat Guide!

Thanks for this buddy!!
    Last edited by DOOMinator111; April 07, 2019 at 08:05 AM.

Hey mate, found a bug with Rhun where, in the towns that you've given them, the rebel commanders are still present and can't be attacked. They block all movement out of the settlement for one turn.

May be the same with Harad, I haven't checked it.

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

It's strange, I remember to not encounter that bug, one question(because I was out of the loop for a while).
    I will check that file asap

Ok, I've checked and I've corrected the file needed, it's in this post attached, could you give me the feedback?
    Thanks in advance

descr_strat.txt

It's working perfectly now

Will keep you aprised of any more bugs.

Thank you

Hey, just had a suggestion regarding Gundabad.

At the moment Vale of Anduin when controlled by a player can easily beat Gundabad on sheer numbers, and you'll never get enough units to both fight Anduin and take Dain's Halls/Goblin Town.
    Would it be possible to lift the restrictions on the roster from game start please.

Also I'd suggest giving them Burzakil from game start.

Whenever possible(so not counting KD/Rhun/Harad/AA) I have not touched the balance as present in the single-player experience.

When I tested I have assured all the balances that the player or the AI might get, when facing their nearest opponent(like if you are Rohan Isengard will get bonus army top of what they get from the beginning), where the same as for vanilla DaC.

The only thing that comes to my mind is that I will try to recheck those things and see if, maybe, there's something different(a condition that was not well translated and so on) but I would prefer not to alter the balance :/

However, as a long term player(far from experienced), the fact that you could have always destroyed your nearest enemy in few turns(so by playing in a rushing mode instead of turtling) as always been a problem of vanilla DaC:
    1. Gondor can annihilate Mordor in the first few turns(and vice-versa)
    2. Dol Guldur/Lorien is the same
    3. Imladris/OotMM
    etc.
    :/

Whenever possible(so not counting KD/Rhun/Harad/AA) I have not touched the balance as present in the single-player experience.

When I tested I have assured all the balances that the player or the AI might get, when facing their nearest opponent(like if you are Rohan Isengard will get bonus army top of what they get from the beginning), where the same as for vanilla DaC.

The only thing that comes to my mind is that I will try to recheck those things and see if, maybe, there's something different(a condition that was not well translated and so on) but I would prefer not to alter the balance :/

However, as a long term player(far from experienced), the fact that you could have always destroyed your nearest enemy in few turns(so by playing in a rushing mode instead of turtling) as always been a problem of vanilla DaC:
    1. Gondor can annihilate Mordor in the first few turns(and vice-versa)
    2. Dol Guldur/Lorien is the same
    3. Imladris/OotMM
    etc.
    :/

Yeah that's fair, I understand that.

Well, I tested it on my own first (playing all factions), and then I also play hotseat campaigns with my girlfriend (auto resolve only, fighting manuals had always been easy in hotseat), and VoA is just in a very easy position since the map change (Goblins of Moria no longer a threat to them, Dol Guldur owned by a player isn't a big threat early game), so they can really focus nearly all early game efforts northwards and Gundabad just gets held back easily early because of economic and roster issues (replenishment is slow, which is good, but VoA outproduces you massively), then by the time they get their expansion into secure their roster, they get crushed by Erebor in the mid game since they've never really had a real chance to secure their holdings.
    Maybe don't unlock all their recruitment (the angmarim units for example), but giving them the goblin units from game start would be v helpful in getting that early start (with those units, burzakil isn't needed).

Thanks for hearing me out

Hello again, I commented this bug on Manabalu's hotseat adjustment, but i tested it on your mod and it does the same thing. I tried it with 2 different factions.

When a faction is destroyed and turned to slave, the game crashes every single time. I tried on Dorwinion and Gundabad.

Thank you

*EDIT* It was the base DAC game. Will try a fresh install
    Last edited by DOOMinator111; April 29, 2019 at 06:59 AM.

LiberalsSuckit's Avatar Laetus

I tried following the steps and still couldn't make it work. I'm having the exact same problem as Horesless Nomad. When I try to unzip the file, it won't let me place it in DaC because it's not a folder. Not sure what's going on with that. Please help. Explain it like you're talking to a complete idiot.

Ok, I've corrected the files.
    One question has there been any further patch since April?

This files will work unless there's been a patch in the past 3 months.

https://mega.nz/#F!t48AXIQI!9OE1Wp06PgW4D89bL-h4SA

To install.

navigate your installation folder
    Go into mods/DAC folder/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign

Here copy the two files(not the zip one) that are in the link.

After that you will need to follow the usual way to enable hotseat on a medieval 2 installation

I hope I've been the clearest I could

Hey just checking in. Is there a hotseat guide being considered for the latest version of Divide and Conquer? I really appreciate these guides as I have used the heck out of these. Thanks for all of your hard work you put into these.

Hotseat files and guides for V 4.5 are coming.

Sadly it took me a lot of time due to both me backing off from Med2 modding (I'm now on Europa Universalis IV) and in real-life problem.

Most of the scripts have been adapted to Hotseat, so now it's only time of testing how it does work

Thanks , we are waiting !!!!

Hello guys, small update here.
    Despite the files being ready for both V 4.5 and the Hotfix that has been released earlier this week, I'm still not 100% sure if I can put them here in the twc.net forum due to the last controversy that was created since the release of DAC V.4, you can read about it here: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...de-and-Conquer

I'm not going to address it in any way because this is not the place nor the time.

I've asked the mods if I can post the files here or not, as soon as they give me a clear yes/no I will act accordingly.

There will be, 100%, a youtube video explaining how to install, what changes have been made, and additional setup that could be done by the hotseat administrator (all the Event Choice of Bree, Ered Luin, Dorwinion, etc. can be easily enabled/disabled).

Until then, have a nice day

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020.05.12-12.23_02.png  

link to the files: https://mega.nz/folder/IpVlXArB#mf_KB-z7lDfp2s1OG8Vbsw

Installation Video: Version 4.5

All of you should thank Giagos who helped me playtest and bugfix the hell out of this patch!

Please give a link to the files for the hot sieve DAC 3.0 to make a hotseat!
    Пожалуйста, дайте ссылку на файлы для горячего сита DAC 3.0, чтобы сделать горячее сито

Hi DanFire, the files are on the first page, but I think I should have put it here as well, so here they are

https://mega.nz/folder/IpVlXArB#mf_KB-z7lDfp2s1OG8Vbsw

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast