Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Divide And Conquer HotSeat Guide!

Default Re: Divide And Conquer HotSeat Guide!

Is it normal that artillery and siege workshop are disabled now ?
    and by the way is there a way to reactivate specifics script for the campaign (I think of the Blue Wizards script)

I understand, I know it takes some time to work with all these files and a small detail can make much difference.

I think that the problem is in the campaign script because the armies taking the rebel settlements have not been erased and that's what causes most of the bugs or crashes.

I am taking a look at it myself and see if I can fix it.

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

Yeah, it surely is that, can you tell me about the army?
    Position, Composition, Owner, Settlement sieged ^^

Civis

This is quite a common bug that I get occasionally. To fix it try deleting and replacing your campaign script (with the hotseat one). Make sure that you had installed the DO ***before*** the hotseat modification as it has it's own campaign script which overwrites. You can delete your map.rwm after replacing files (in maps, base) to ensure a clean version is generated when you start a new campaign. This is primarily to do with the wrong campaign_script lurking in your files. So replace it and hopefully it should (like for me) fix the issue.

I think I found the solution. I did some tests and it worked fine for me but I am still not sure if other errors occur in the long run.

The problem was, as I stated, the armies that spawned for the AI. Go to the campaign_script and search for "Intros & Extra money for neighbouring factions". There you will find the scripts for the armies that spawn for the AI when you start a campaign and some other bonuses. You can either erase the whole script or simply the lines that spawn these armies.

We can now use Parsec: https://parsecgaming.com/downloads ; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VBJf0C_JjE to easily host Hotseat Campaigns on a single PC while all the other players connect to it. The screen and input are streamed over internet. I tried it last night and latency/lag are minimal for most of the time.

This tool is a godsend for Hotseat campaigns! I wish we had this a long time ago but well now that it is here it is time for COOP Campaigns to flourish like its 2002!
    Last edited by Valmont; August 17, 2018 at 08:38 PM.

Started a solo hotseat campaign recently, playing with Dorwinion and the Variags. Brilliant combination: first breaking down Rhun together, then taking a break to build up economy (and give the AI some time to build up), then let Dorwinion face Mirkwood while the Variags take on Mordor. I know this isn't the most challenging, but I thought it'd be a fun / more relaxing way to experience the Variags joining the forces of Good without facing the challenge of playing 'only the Variags'.

However, I got the message of the Wizards talking to the Khan around turn 25, when my alliance with Mordor was broken, but haven't heard or seen anything since. It's now turn 64 and I'm wondering if the rest of the event (Wizards returning, Inquisitor attacking etc) will still occur. Have you got any idea if the event will still occur, or might this be one of those scripts/events which might be broken in a hotseat game?
    ~~ Happiness lies in contentment ~~

I've never tested it, nor locally nor in hotseat(just never occurred someone playing them)
    AFAIR scripts like that are not enabled(or may get disabled) in Hotseat due to how they are written(I've not overhauled them)

Alright, then it'll be a matter of waiting. I'll let you know what'll happen.
    ~~ Happiness lies in contentment ~~

Thanks!
    However, it could not fire due to the script thinking about it as an AI faction

any plans for version 3.0?

It's is under development but due to my time being little thanks to exams and other things I'm not going to say that it will be released if not in 2/3 weeks, sorry :/

Hotseat for DaC 3.0 is finished, it just needs some further testing, so maybe it will arrive before 2/3 weeks!

I will update the main post telling its main features/what will/will not be changed and so on.

DOOMinator111's Avatar Foederatus

Thank you, much appreciated! Is Mordor being unplayable going to be a permanent feature or will that be fixed? And I assume Dunland/Enedwaith combination will be permanent? Why's this changed between the last version and this one?

Otherside's Avatar Ordinarius

Thanks for working on this Melvasul

Quote Originally Posted by DOOMinator111 View Post
    Thank you, much appreciated! Is Mordor being unplayable going to be a permanent feature or will that be fixed? And I assume Dunland/Enedwaith combination will be permanent? Why's this changed between the last version and this one?
    Regarding Mordor
    There could be an "easy" fix to be honest, but it would mean this:
    1. Nazguls are no longer immortal
    2. You get regular generals(so with adoptions and being able to train them) just as the other nations

So it would change completely Mordor and remove one of its main features, I do not know if I'm going to do something like this
    The thing is, you can play, but it means you are going to cheese/cheat practically.

Regarding Dunland and Enedwaith
    It could be removed, we(me and some closes people that I test it with) are going to check this out.
    They were united too in the past version but there it was kinda mandatory because linked to one of the scripts was the ability to recruit siege units so it was a forced decision.

I will try to look at them, but the result would be(99%) one of these two(aut/aut)
    -) united from the start
    -) never united

Quote Originally Posted by Otherside View Post
    Thanks for working on this Melvasul
    I'm glad to be of service

DOOMinator111's Avatar Foederatus

Okie dokie, well no stress, whenever you have the time, I'm a patient man
    I like to play hotseat with friends and Mordor is a big show in most campaigns. There's no way to make a trigger for the nazgul script? Like, if X name is alive, script turns off? Not too much experience with coding and especially not with Med 2, so don't know, just spitballing a possible solution that came to mind to see if it'd help.

Well, the problem is, because it's not a script I've written, and because all the scripts in the game are poorly commented, it would be far too long to try and see.
    You can kill Mordor/Nazguls if you're the admin of the hotseat.

Another bad news: I'm without my pc(many parts are dead) and maybe won't have it back again before summer, so, for now, I will just gather the files I've done and upload them knowing that not much has been tested despite the first turns :/

Sorry guys :/

[B][SIZE=4]V3.0 Hotseat ReleasedB]

So, my Laptop is here(it took a while to arrive) I have uploaded the latest files I've created(09/03/2019).

So if the game version is newer it won't be compatible, I'm sorry I cannot work on them because I'm going to be more busy and without a laptop with Windows(and this mod is not Linux friendly, sadly)

For any question/bug report please write them down here and I'll try to reply as fast as I can!

V3.0 Hotseat Released

So, my Laptop is here(it took a while to arrive) I have uploaded the latest files I've created(09/03/2019).

So if the game version is newer it won't be compatible, I'm sorry I cannot work on them because I'm going to be busier and without a laptop with Windows(and this mod is not Linux friendly, sadly)

For any question/bug report please write them down here and I'll try to reply as fast as I can!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast