Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Divide And Conquer HotSeat Guide!

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

Icon1 Divide And Conquer HotSeat Guide!

Divide And Conquer V2.X Hotseat Guide!

V2.2 Hotseat Update!

Dwarven Overhaul Project Update!

Version 3.0 Hotseat Update!

Hello there!

I'm Alessandro "Melvasul" and today I will show you how to enable and play a hotseat campaign for Divide and Conquer V2.1 and superior.

I want to apologise here for both the post and the video, I know my voice is not perfect just like my English.

Let's start with make a copy of every file you replace as always.

V2.1 files
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

V2.2 files

V2.2 files Dwarven Overhaul update(v. 08/06/2018 )

-------------------------/This files are required if you want to play the hotseat with the Dwarven Overhaul Project Installed/-----------------
    campaign_script_DO.txt
    descr_strat_DO.txt

V2.2 files Dwarven Overhaul update(v. 08/06/2018 ) + Total War submod

-------------------------/These files are required if you want to play the hotseat with the Dwarven Overhaul Project Installed and the Total War submod/-----------------
    Total War.zip

Only this files and a few steps and you will be able to play the Hotseat Campaign for DaC.

V3.0 files(v 09/03/2019)

----------------------------------Requirements----------------------------------
    For Version 2.X
    1) You will need a fresh V2.X Divide and Conquer
    1.1) Optional: you will need the Dwarven Overhaul Project

For Version 3.0
    1) You will need a "vanilla"(unchanged) version of Divide and Conquer V 3.0

----------------------------------Installation----------------------------------
    For Version 2.X
    1) Download the files listed above(depending on your game version)
    2) replace them within the DAC folder(I advise you to make a new folder for the hotseat alone, that will be called "hotseat")
    3) TATW.cfg file goes into [Installation Path...]\Medieval II Total War\mods\hotseat
    4) campaign_script.txt and descr_strat.txt files go into [Installation Path...]\Medieval II Total War\mods\hotseat\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign
    5) this is an important part people seems to forget: You need to edit the TATW.cfg and Third Age.bath files in your folder to play it, most of the bugs are related to not doing this.
    6) Launch the game as usual

Installation Video: Version 2.1

Installation Video: Version 2.2

Installation Video: Version 4.5

For Version 3.0
    1) Download the files listed above(depending on your game version)
    2) Unzip the .zip file into "[Installation Path...]\Medieval II Total War\mods\DaCH3" and accept the replacing of files.
    3) You will need to enable the game to be Hotseat playable(see for example this guide https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...t-up-and-rules)
    4) Launch the game as usual!

For Version 4.5
    1) Download the files from mega https://mega.nz/folder/IpVlXArB#mf_KB-z7lDfp2s1OG8Vbsw
    2) Unzip the .zip file into "[Installation Path...]\Medieval II Total War\mods\XYZ" and accept the replacing of files. where XYZ is the name of your Divide and Conquer Hotseat installation (I highly advise you to make a new one just for hotseat)
    3) You will need to enable the game to be Hotseat playable(see for example this guide https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...t-up-and-rules)
    4) Launch the game as usual!

----------------------------------Total War installation----------------------------------
    For Version 2.2 Dwarven Overhaul update(v. 08/06/2018 ) + Total War submod
    This version is meant to be played with the DOP installed
    0) You will need a TATW.cfg anyway
    1) download the zip
    2) it will contain a folder called data
    3) extract it in your game folder
    4) follow instruction 5) 6) from above

Known Bugs/Features: [read this]
    Easterlings of Rhun and Haradrim Tribes start with 3 regions and all the units unlocked
    Ar-Adunaim is settled(in Umbar)
    Khazad-Dum is settled(in Khazad Dum)
    Mordor is bugged, there's a problem with hotseat and the Nazgul script(after the first Nazgul is killed you will get spam of them)
    ------------------------this changed were made for balancing issues(script would not have been achieved otherwise)------------------------
    Clans of Enedwaith and Dunland are already united(only script-wise)
    Thranduil and Galadhrim elves stand-alone(script wise)

For Version 3.0
    1) Easterlings of Rhun and the Haradrim Tribes start with 3 regions, all units are unlocked(you will see at last from turn 2)
    2) Ar-Adunaim and Khazad-Dum are settled in Umbar and Khazad-Dum respectively, KD has no script related to its mission(no spreading the word, no balrog, nothing).
    3) Mordor is Bugged, heavily, do not play it, there will just be spam of Nazgul once the firsts start dying.
    4) Clans of Enedwaith and the Dunlendings are already united

(I'm sorry for this but it was made because I cannot simply make all the combination of the files that would be required)
    5) Bree and Dorwinion choice: the player will(most likely, like around 99%) be counted as the AI when the time of the choice is up, sorry.
    6) Elven Alliance, the same as above
    7) Khand and The Blue Wizards, the same as above

Please write here every question and report every bug and I will reply as soon as possible

Cheers,
    Melvasul

Default Re: Divide And Conquer V2.1 Hotseat Guide!

Activate buildable forts

When you want to be able to build forts during your campaign, follow the instructions in this section. If you are not interested, you can skip this part and move on to the section considering the campaign map model.

First of all, go to “descr_campaign_db.xml”. This file can be found at the following (default) location: [your path...]\Medieval II Total War\mods\[my_mod_name]\data

The second step is opening the file. I would recommend using notepad for this.

Third, scroll down (somewhere in the middle), right below the entry <settlement>. Alternatively, you could press CTRL+F in notepad, and then type ‘fort’; this way, you search the entries containing the word ‘fort’, which are the entries we need J.

Then, scroll down a bit until you see the following lines:
    Code:
    Code:
    <destroy_empty_forts bool="false"/>
        <can_build_forts bool="false"/>
        <fort_fortification_level string="3"/>
    Now, as you can see in the second line, forts cannot be built by generals. If you want to be able to build forts ingame, change the phrase false into true. Leave the quotes (“)! Now, save your changes in notepad and you are done!

This is NOT savegame compatible!
    Every time you will like to enable/disable you will have to start another campaign!
    If you start a campaign and then change that campaign will no more be playable(if loaded it will crash)

Otherside's Avatar Ordinarius

thanks pal.

Civis

We are recruiting now for the hotseat! Pm me or Melwasul for more details

Thank you so very much for doing this!

The campaign is still very imbalanced, i am playing a game of hotseat with a friend where we play Mordor, Mordor can just group all his starting units + generals and the nazguls are impossible to beat when used correctly and you can insta wipe gondor + dol amroth with this. I am goign to change the nazgul bodyguards to not have Archers, cav AND infantry as generals (Perfect composition). they should just be all Cav like in Third Age Vanilla. This doesnt matter if CPU is very hard or a player you just wipe Gondor.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by chrisiyyi View Post
    The campaign is still very imbalanced, i am playing a game of hotseat with a friend where we play Mordor, Mordor can just group all his starting units + generals and the nazguls are impossible to beat when used correctly and you can insta wipe gondor + dol amroth with this. I am goign to change the nazgul bodyguards to not have Archers, cav AND infantry as generals (Perfect composition). they should just be all Cav like in Third Age Vanilla. This doesnt matter if CPU is very hard or a player you just wipe Gondor.
    Sorry to hear this, we haven't made any changes to the balance from 2.1 so large and powerful factions are still large and powerful (edit: except for Harad, Rhun). You can try some different ways of balance like more players against one. The AI will be just as easy to destroy as it is in the base game. Human players can put up much more of a fight - especially if they know how to use forts, spies and other strategy features correctly.

The campaign is still very imbalanced, I am playing a game of hotseat with a friend where we play Mordor, Mordor can just group all his starting units + generals and the Nazguls are impossible to beat when used correctly and you can instal wipe Gondor + Dol Amroth with this. I am going to change the Nazgul bodyguards to not have Archers, cavalry AND infantry as generals (Perfect composition). they should just be all Cav like in Third Age Vanilla. This doesn't matter if CPU is very hard or a player you just wipe Gondor.
    This is not really hotseat-related, to be honest.
    The Guide has been created to let you play in a Hotseat campaign, your complaint is about the base game balancing, and, to be completely honest, every player can do that with every faction

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

The campaign is still very imbalanced, i am playing a game of hotseat with a friend where we play Mordor, Mordor can just group all his starting units + generals and the nazguls are impossible to beat when used correctly and you can insta wipe gondor + dol amroth with this.
    Sure, as the campaign is balanced so we don't have to rely on a so generals army.
    You can play an easy game if you want it like that (there is no shame), instead of Very Difficult by having only one general by army.

I am goign to change the nazgul bodyguards to not have Archers, cav AND infantry as generals (Perfect composition). they should just be all Cav like in Third Age Vanilla. This doesnt matter if CPU is very hard or a player you just wipe Gondor.
    The all general cav units was even more powerfull, that's why nazgul were given different kinds of units.
    Last edited by Vifarc; March 25, 2018 at 04:09 PM.
    > > Divide&Conquer submod user, playing RealmOfLothlõrien (ThirdAge mod). < <
    My small products here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vifarc View Post
    Sure, as the campaign is balanced so we don't have to rely on a so generals army.
    You can an easy game if you want it like that (there is no shame), instead of Very Difficult by having only one general by army.

The all general cav units was even more powerfull, that's why nazgul were given different kinds of units.
    True, maybe puttign a rule like that could help. However i don't agree with general cav being stronger in a hotseat mode where all are auto resolved.
    Ive tested both units and did the same steps and the different bodyguards completely wipe armies while the cav build up didn't.
    I fought even more units with the mixed generals and still won super hard.

Civis

You don't have to auto reslove in hotseat. It's more fun with manual battles

like in singleplayer

Now I can finally do that Dwarves of Khazad dum, Dorwinion and Northern Dunadain threeway singleplayer campaign that I wanted to do
    Supreme Commander of the Galactic Federation, Emperor of the Virtupets Empire, Star King
    Certified Genius
    M L I G: Mandy Luxe is the Greatest
    Erasiel Darkar is OP! Never will be nerfed! He is Winx

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by jedi7000nathan View Post
    Now I can finally do that Dwarves of Khazad dum, Dorwinion and Northern Dunadain threeway singleplayer campaign that I wanted to do
    Glad you're enjoying it

I've never used hotseat before. So this can theoretically let you play all the factions at once? Big game against myself sounds great! Although no defensive battles would be a drawback. Maybe just either all the good guys or all the bad guys.

You mentioned it disables all faction scripts though? No Aragorn quest? Bummer.

Yes, you can play all factions by yourself.

Script regarding it's a gambling with the devil, to be honest.
    Some scripts could fire, some could not.

Quote Originally Posted by melwasul View Post
    Yes, you can play all factions by yourself.

Script regarding it's a gambling with the devil, to be honest.
    Some scripts could fire, some could not.
    Fair enough, thanks for answering, and posting how to enable this! I'm hoping even if the "quest" style scripts don't enable we can still get the spawning generals like Gandalf for ND and Glorfindel for Imladris. I can always add the Athelas and Anduril to Aragorn via console commands.

Regarding the spawning:

Gandalf has always spawned, sometimes bugged(like both white and grey)
    Glorfindel has always spawned

Ok so this doesn't seem to be working for me. Not sure if I've done something wrong. Followed the video exactly I think. First I copied and pasted the entire Third Age folder, took a while for my old laptop but then it seemed to work fine.

Started playing on the copy to test it. Deleted an old save game in order to check it was working. Went back to my original Third Age file and save game was also deleted there, which was concerning as this should now be a completely separate file, shouldn't it?

Despite this I tried starting up a hot seat, with player control of all "good" factions. After pressing start and skipping the intro vid it got stuck loading, left it for about 10 mins and it eventually came to. Ok fine, likely just because of all the factions selected.

Then 1st turn as Gondor. Immediately ended turn to test, then started turn as Dol Amroth. As soon as I was past the begin turn screen a battle started, with me as Independent Realms defending again Dorwinion. Again, still on Dol Amroth first turn. But then I can't fight, or resolve, or withdraw, or even quit the game, as the ring icon is stuck spinning/loading.

Ok, so that didn't go well. Just to test things I tried to start a 2nd hotseat, this time as all Orc factions. Same thing again, 1st turn as Mordor, all good. End turn straight away, start turn as Mirkwood, immediately battle screen pops up, I'm rebels again, defending against OOTMM. What in the world is all this about? Tried to take a screenshot but PC wouldn't comply, hence the phone camera shot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180331_150358.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	352120

Ok, I've done the same thing as you and it went flawlessly.

Have you edited the
    TATW.cfg
    Third Age.bath
    files?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast