View Poll Results: What rules would you like to play with?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Only basic westerosi rules

7 31.82%
  • Siege equipment

14 63.64%
  • Spies

12 54.55%
  • Assassins

8 36.36%
  • Bribes

11 50.00%
  • Financial rules

10 45.45%
  • RP/lore rules

9 40.91%
  • More limitations on sieges (required numbers of ladders, rams, siege eq, etc)

7 31.82%
  • Manual battles

3 13.64%
  • Somth else (make a post)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: [Westeros - Westeros: Total War 1.0] Westeros Awakens

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

Default Re: [Westeros - Westeros: Total War 1.0] Westeros Awakens

Yet another string of victories for the Lannisters! The grand prize of today is Stannis Baratheon: Who died by the sword of Westerland Swordsmen like a mere commoner. - At the end, he seemed like that, forfeiting his stronger claim to the throne in favor or his... feminine brother. The invasion of Garlan the Tyrell was also stopped in it's tracks. His entire force was scattered.

(There was a bug where attacking Stannis, my general would die even if his GB suffered 0 casulties. In any case like this, when the attacking army scatters, the losers don't retreat. After talking a lot with the admin, it was decided that in this case, I could defeat the army twice.)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...Greyjoy_40.sav

https://postimg.cc/gallery/0SkQBNv

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Arryn up - https://www.mediafire.com/file/ujf69x01203ci5e/WA_Arryn_40.sav/file

There was a debate on page 23-24 about ending the hotseat and declaring a winner/s. I'm in favour of ending the hotseat as I'm super busy these days.

I am still against it. Although if you'd like to leave, I can sub your faction till the end like Jadli subs Tyrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mergor View Post
    I am still against it. Although if you'd like to leave, I can sub your faction till the end like Jadli subs Tyrell.
    Well isn't there a clear majority to end it? If I'm leaving the hotseat I'd rather get a replacement but I will see it through to the end. That said if the majority want to end the hotseat it probably should end.
    Last edited by PeaMan; July 12, 2020 at 09:13 AM.

Berry wants to end it. Jadli and me wants to fight You want to end it too, while Frey is indifferent.
    Well, if you get a replacement, thats fine. However if you read back the arguing about replacements, you'll find thats its hard to find a player, and then everybody would want at least an equally good skill level one Not saying this to suggest anything, just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mergor View Post
    Berry wants to end it. Jadli and me wants to fight You want to end it too, while Frey is indifferent.
    Well, if you get a replacement, thats fine. However if you read back the arguing about replacements, you'll find thats its hard to find a player, and then everybody would want at least an equally good skill level one Not saying this to suggest anything, just saying.
    Reading Jadli's messages from page 23 would indicate he was for ending the hotseat, I assume he told you in PM or something he wanted to fight it out? That would be 3-1 for ending the hotseat if Frey if indifferent.

I'll answer in a different way then (Jadli does want to fight it out tho)
    Ending in favor of an alliance whose last 3-4 battles ended in defeats would be awfully inconvinient for me. (Even if I have to redo the turn, so hold your horses Berry, I found a way to make Stannis retreat on the first try, which I know must do to avoid the bug)

BerryKnight's Avatar Kings Guard Commander

I'm still in favor ending this, as despite trying to install stuff to make the mod run smoother, it still glitches/ctds at least 5 times or more per turn.
    So.... Yeah, still in favor of ending. Not too happy about a fight like that, but that's why I don't join many hotseats nowadays. Auto resolve. (Hate to love it. Love to hate it) </3

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The hotseat can be ended if the majority want it ended. However I won't declare a winner on the sheer basis of a majority. So the option for ending the hotseat now and declaring Berryknight winner is not a simple majority vote solution. This would only be the case if his opponents (Mergor) were vastly overwhelmed and it was only a matter of time before he lost. However, Mergor has shown remarkable tenacity and even has taken several steps recently towards improving the balance of power in his favor...
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

Arryn - https://www.mediafire.com/file/ujf69x01203ci5e/WA_Arryn_40.sav/file

For clarification, I wasn't meaning ending it in majority for me to win. I meant Jali/I. But, I'd be more than happy to add Mergor in there if it means the end.
    Just saying.

I already gave my support for ending with me winning too That's something Jadli vetoes, for understandable reasons, haha. Although Berry, if you want this HS to end this badly, we could just always ally, I bend the knee to the REAL king, which should be Stannis Baratheon, and we crush Renly/Tyrell

Well, actually for a majority, I think we should add frey to the list of winners, as well as you. Then its a 3 to 1 majority.
    I don't feel like greyjoy has gotten anything major done, so that's why I'm counting them out.
    Otherwise, I think I might just let Jadli have all of my factions at some point. With an engine that isn't as compatible as other TW mods (for reasons unknown) and unable to reload/examine stuff to my
    usual hearts content. There you have the reason. And I don't think ya'll wanna just fight Jadli, as we just were mulling over the problem of us having too many factions on one side XD (Berry still considers leaving it all to Jadli, but won't because stubborness)
    (And bond between brothers )

I am fine with adding Frey to win with us
    I am also fine with Jadli controlling everything in a sense that, the moment I get a (competent) player to one of the factions, he'll be forced to give it up.
    I am not ending this HS as long as win, or as long as you defeat me. You are very far from the second

Alright. So, I'm cool if ya'll wanna keep up the fighting for (literally bragging rights at this point), but I'm done.
    Whether its through a voted end now, or not. If not, Jadli can have all of my factions. I'm washing my hands of this hotseat.
    It was fun at first, but fell apart a long time ago, and has arguably been on life support ever since.

If we do conclude the hot seat I think only Mergor, Jadli and berry should be declared the winners. Personally I don’t think Frey has done enough to be included as a winner alongside Lannister considering its Mergor who has fought off the other factions, that and 4 winners seems a bit overkill, 3 is bad enough 😛

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Well, Before me and Berry was fine with ending the HS as it seemed obvious that Renly/Tyrell/Stan/Arynn cant be defeated, but Mergor objected so we have played on for him to prove it. He still believes he can win, which I still don't believe (especially when now I would control all the factions) and would crush him to the ground if we played on. We could play on and see.
    However, he offered to bend the knee, which would add him to the winners I suppose. And also the hotseat has been extremely long and had a lot of subbing, do some mind of roleplay, or diplomaci died out long ago, which is kinda the most interesting thing on Westeos hotseats, eventhough plain warfare is also fun. For that reason I would rather spend the time in some newer Westeros HS.

So yea, I think its timr to end thus. Eventhough Mergor would lose, it would take me a lot of time and effort. I think anyone who spent all the years in this HS should be declared winner (assuming you bend the knee to Renly The Kind, like The Lannisters did), as it s been really long, so all who have lasted spent a lot of time on this.

And huge props to themzr, for keeping this zombie alive for so long

Bantu Chieftain's Avatar Biarchus

If Lannister bends, then Frey will bend too. If not, we keep playing

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Well after talking with all three of the major factions I think the best solution is to simply declare 3 winners by coalition (Jadli, Mergor, and Berryknight)! Congratulations to them for a well-deserved victory and thank you all for continuing to stay and play through the many ups and downs of this hotseat.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great