Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Alternative Economy (Updated 09.08.19)

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [Submod] Alternative Economy

Depends on random AI but I saw merc in Celtic armies I fought against. Ships are also included in the changes.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

I play N/N with hardcore aggressive ai and this with just the unit changes and its brilliant, plus really hard.
    Losing one important battle could be devastating for both player and ai
    Now you have to be more tactical and also AI are no longer spamming massive armies.
    Also income is very low so any raiding armies you have to deal with them or go bankrupt
    Thanks KAM
    Last edited by TheNewKing; March 29, 2018 at 02:08 AM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    No idea, never used it ;P
    You never used our Hardcore mod ? what heresy is this ?

@Dresden any ideas about it's compatibility and general performance ?

Patrician

You can't use hardcore submod if you don't play campaign for over a year

You can't use hardcore submod if you don't play campaign for over a year
    Υοu should have used the meme.

Patrician

Yes but I am at work (as you can see) ;D

Yes but I am at work (as you can see) ;D
    Ivan is also at work but that doesn't stop him from booze.

Patrician

Sorry for the delay, I had no access to my PC in past few days.

First post updated!

Changes to main pack:
    -lowered income from taxes, which means that you need to develop conquered provinces instead of just taking city after city to increase income
    -changed AI bonuses for dififculty levels so that AI also needs to develop provinces instead of just having high taxes but depending on difficulty, their buildings cost and unit upkeep are a bit lower
    -changed thresholds for how poor/wealthy faction is rated in diplomacy based on income per turn

Added Steam link for the main pack.

Added two new packs, one is the original file, without new changes, other pack only has unit cost and upkeep changes, without other stuff.

Sorry for the delay, I had no access to my PC in past few days.
    Ι almost called your embassy here for more info about the delay.

Default Re: [Submod] Alternative Economy (Updated 03.31.18)

Odd, I'm getting crashes on campaign start with this, No attrition loss, De AI arb, and Cultural Tension. I'll try and figure out the cause.

Apologise for the double post, fixed.

Turns out swapping the file out caused a 1 gig validation error, now works.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 01, 2018 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost0128 View Post
    Odd, I'm getting crashes on campaign start with this, No attrition loss, De AI arb, and Cultural Tension. I'll try and figure out the cause.

Apologise for the double post, fixed.

Turns out swapping the file out caused a 1 gig validation error, now works.
    No worries I have fixed the post for you. Glad you have sorted it out.

Slashas's Avatar Miles

For some reason the attrition submod dosen't work. Can you use it without Alternate economy?

Patrician

I will check. Other way for you to find out is to simply copy that entry to main DeI file. If it works that way, I know where the issue is.

Been using the submod and enjoying the dynamic it brings to some of what felt like were routine decisions before. I had some mod conflicts that caused me to have some inconsistent build times across settlements but disabled those and moved to using just this. Now I have much shorter build times across settlements(I think it was like 6 turns for your first city upgrade). So I am curious, is this for 4tpy like in base DeI? Im so used to HC and 12tpy that I don't know what appropriate build times for 4tpy and I just want to be sure I am not experiencing a different mod conflict or bug, etc.

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Just a heads up KAM, amazing submod. Been using it extensively recently and I think it provides a much better gameplay. I take caution with my units now and it requires more thought-out campaign decisions, notably fighting battles on the map instead of just carelessly engaging the enemy and auto resolving it. Honestly, I’m surprised you guys haven’t looked into making this the main mod’s standard economy system. It’s more realistic, and makes the campaign more engaging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slashas's Avatar Miles

I will check. Other way for you to find out is to simply copy that entry to main DeI file. If it works that way, I know where the issue is.
    I solved it by changing the attrition type for besieging to attrition_none instead of changing the besieging attration value to 0!

I haven't gotten very far in my campaigns using this submod so no real feedback other than things mentioned by others, but man does it make the game feel better overall IMO. Thanks KAM.

One thing I did observe while playing as Seleucids, I noticed one of my satraps, who had 3 cities, recruited 2.5 stacks fairly quickly, is it intended for smaller states to be able to field such a big army?
    Last edited by Falco; April 04, 2018 at 01:09 AM.

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

I started campaign with Epirus & this submod, and hell! What a ride it is. Especially since I decided to move my muster field froom Greece to Tarentum. I was operating with a stack of 12 units, have disbanded my fleet and only after 20 turns was I able to field a full stack. Good job with the submod but it makes playing Epirus' life a hell. If it wasnt for those OP elephants I'd surely be dead already. I had to restart twice to finally get a good start. Might have to restart again as Romans are amassing large forces near my border and Im not sure yet if ill survive. Good job and definitely a mod worth checking out for those who played a few campaigns with DeI and want a change of pace. I wouldnt recommend it for newcomers tho - I always went for full eco start and then expansion. With this mod its not possible as buildings are just too damn costly and you can get swarmed pretty easily if not paying attention - so you gotta militarise your population, mate!
    Last edited by Nordling; April 04, 2018 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Grammar -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Nordling View Post
    I started campaign with Epirus & this submod, and hell! What ride it is. Especially since I decided to move my muster field froom Greece to Tarentum. I was operating with a stack of 12 units, have disbanded my fleet and onpy after 20 turns was I able to field full stack. Good job with the submod but it makes playing Epirus' life a hell. If it wasnt for those OP elephants I'd surely be dead already. I had to restart twice to finally get a good start. Might have to restart again as Romans are amassing large forces near my border and Im not sure yet if ill survive. Good job and definitely a mod worth checking out for those who played a few campaigns with DeI and want a change of pace. I wouldnt recommend for newcomers tho - I always went for full eco start and then expansion. With this mod its not possible as buildings are just too damn costly and you can get swarmed pretty easily if not paying attention - so you gotta militarise your population, mate!
    Ya it definitely ups the difficulty. I bet it's going to make Antigonidai nigh impossible lol, but I'm gonna give them a try.

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    Ya it definitely ups the difficulty. I bet it's going to make Antigonidai nigh impossible lol, but I'm gonna give them a try.
    Macedon with all those bloodthristy neighbours around sound definitely like a "fun" experience

I have never tried Macedon in DeI but i reckon the best start is to take Apollonia after Pyrhus gets taken down by Romans. You get new town pretty easily + you get better diplo with Romans + Romans dont get a foothold in Hellas. Id say thats 3 birds with 1 stone