Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 520212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Alternative Economy (Updated 09.08.19)

Default Re: [Submod] Alternative Economy (Updated 09.08.19)

@Nordling

I'm using the first file and it seems to work fine for most of the new Median units. The only units I've found so far with vanilla DeI rec and upkeep are the new (?) Spartan units, Neodamodes / Neodamodes Phalangitai / Trophimoi and the Median Grivpavane (early) / Aswaran Shivatin / Shivatin.

Also, with how much money are we supposed to start with? I get 121k on a new campaign, AE was 21k, right?

@Dardo21

The new Spartan units were missing from the beta file that I originally used, I've added them now as well.
    @malachi, those numbers seem to be right, vanilla gives you around 20000-25000 depending on the faction you start out with, my AE versions have a money script that inflates that number around the average cost multiplier that comes with AE (*4,5-5 times I believe, so building will still be slightly more of an expensive choice over unit recruitment).
    Minor update, i forgot to alter the upkeep costs for the few units that I missed, so you might want to re-download the file if you already downloaded it a few hours ago.
    Last edited by Dardo21; June 07, 2020 at 09:07 AM.

Thanks for the clarification, Dardo, just wanted to make sure thereīs nothing wrong on my side and the 121k are indeed intended.

And thanks for the update, gonna test it asap

Hm, tried the first two of the three downloads from post 563, no updated median and spartan units. Is there another DL link?

I just checked the files and they checked out, it may be because of the mod manager messing up the tables overwriting the vanilla ones, you could try using the user.script rather than the mod manager to see if that helps.

I'm using Kaedrin's mod manager, as it shows me the conflicts between mods, so itīs easier to sort the load order. But I also tried it with the CA mod launcher and user script only, same results. Looks like more trouble shooting ahead of me, thankfully I'm quite used to this kind of stuff (perfectly stable 800 mods + Skyrim SE load list :p) and itīs part of the fun playing a modded game

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

@Dardo,

Ok so I got really determined to find the solution to the problem that the recruitment and upkeep was not being updated. I opened both your AE submod and DeI beta "fixpack" (as it's called in the files) and ofund the appropiate table "main_units_tables". The issue is that in the fixpack the appropriate table for new new units is called "___media" whereas it is called "a___media" in your AE submod. So, as a result, those 2 were essentially 2 different tables and the one in AE didn't overwite the one in "fixpack". I deleted the "a" in the name of the table and boom! it works just fine. Soooo maybe DeI devs added the "a" in latest update which eluded you or something similar? Either way, if you could just remove the "a" before the aforementioned in your AE submod it should work just fine for everybody else.

The other thing that I observed is that the upkeep costs for new units are mostly blown out of proportion! Upkeep for theurophoroi (15 armor, which according to KAM, should be the main determinant of unit's quality) is 596 gold; however it is only 441 for persian hoplites which have 28 armor! Veteran shieldbearers which are the backbone of every persian army, and are arguably more versatile and useful on the battlefield, have upkeep of 506 whilst having also 28 armor. It is justified that they are more costly than hoplites because of their versatility however theurophoroi being more expensive thn them/? Hardly logical. Moreover, elite persian lancers (the bodyguard ones with a bow) have upkeep of 909. In comparison, early grivpanar have upkeep of 1482! that is way too high.

I know that you have only applied a modifier to the numbers in .pack file, however I would suggest to reconsider the amounts so that the campaign balance is maintained. Those units' upkeeps are balanced in the vanilla beta so it may be just cranked up a bit too much in your submod

Edit: I am using the latest update (1st option out of 3) which I downloaded just a couple hours ago.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Nordling; June 12, 2020 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordling View Post
    @Dardo,

Ok so I got really determined to find the solution to the problem that the recruitment and upkeep was not being updated. I opened both your AE submod and DeI beta "fixpack" (as it's called in the files) and ofund the appropiate table "main_units_tables". The issue is that in the fixpack the appropriate table for new new units is called "___media" whereas it is called "a___media" in your AE submod. So, as a result, those 2 were essentially 2 different tables and the one in AE didn't overwite the one in "fixpack". I deleted the "a" in the name of the table and boom! it works just fine. Soooo maybe DeI devs added the "a" in latest update which eluded you or something similar? Either way, if you could just remove the "a" before the aforementioned in your AE submod it should work just fine for everybody else.

The other thing that I observed is that the upkeep costs for new units are mostly blown out of proportion! Upkeep for theurophoroi (15 armor, which according to KAM, should be the main determinant of unit's quality) is 596 gold; however it is only 441 for persian hoplites which have 28 armor! Veteran shieldbearers which are the backbone of every persian army, and are arguably more versatile and useful on the battlefield, have upkeep of 506 whilst having also 28 armor. It is justified that they are more costly than hoplites because of their versatility however theurophoroi being more expensive thn them/? Hardly logical. Moreover, elite persian lancers (the bodyguard ones with a bow) have upkeep of 909. In comparison, early grivpanar have upkeep of 1482! that is way too high.

I know that you have only applied a modifier to the numbers in .pack file, however I would suggest to reconsider the amounts so that the campaign balance is maintained. Those units' upkeeps are balanced in the vanilla beta so it may be just cranked up a bit too much in your submod

Edit: I am using the latest update (1st option out of 3) which I downloaded just a couple hours ago.

Cheers!
    All main_unit_tables have an a added to them, to make them overwrite the individual rows of the vanilla DEI' ones without overwriting the complete table itself, I took this over from Kam's own version. It clearly works for all the other tables so claiming that it's an error is incorrect, I can make an exception in this case since the amount of units in the table should normally stay as it is for now.

As far as the costs are concerned, yes I use a flat modifier, so I can't guarantee that each unit will be precisely fine-tuned compared to equivalent units, I will try to find prices for existing units for the units that you mentioned, but I have no intention nor interest to scour all new units for price differences. My only intention was to keep the mod alive and add some of the cost factors that hadn't been brought over yet, for accurate pricing, Kam would have to update his own file. Alternatively, you're always welcome to propose price changes of your own, which I could then include to the file.

I've updated all the new beta units with prices more in line with existing DEI units like Nordling suggested, I've also modified the table name to see if that helps with some people's issue getting the prices properly in-game.

Works with newest update?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Not fully. It will take a bit to get updated. It should be more or less fine but some units wont get correct prices, like new units added in 1.2.6.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Not fully. It will take a bit to get updated. It should be more or less fine but some units wont get correct prices, like new units added in 1.2.6.
    Thank you Dzieki

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    I've updated all the new beta units with prices more in line with existing DEI units like Nordling suggested, I've also modified the table name to see if that helps with some people's issue getting the prices properly in-game.

Amazing mod but it isn't working properly with Ardiaei Faction. Out of nowhere suddenly the units start costing less than 1k gold instead of 3-5k.
    Regards.

Amazing mod but it isn't working properly with Ardiaei Faction. Out of nowhere suddenly the units start costing less than 1k gold instead of 3-5k.
    Regards.

I was trying to start a new Armenia campaign with the second version from post #563 and was starting with 21,000 in treasury - I was under the impression it should be starting around 120,000 so was not sure what might be causing that? I'm trying to use it along with the 'hard' version of Cultural Tensions, with CT and AE loading after DEI. The building and unit recruitment costs seem to be appropriately increased, just not the starting treasury.

L.ANNIVS's Avatar Foederatus
    Over there, by the river and the hills...

This is not updated to the latest DeI version yet.

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

Hey, compatibile with 1.2.6a ?

My favorite submod! Tried playing the new patch without it but its just not the same. Alternative Economy is really what I feel is the the cherry on top for the best DeI experience

Hi I started a new campaign with this submod (first time using it) but I noticed that the units gain a lot of experience way too fast compared to original DEI. For example I am playing as Antigonides and after three battles half of my army already have golden chevrons and the other half silver.

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Note 8 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
    "Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan, and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

Hey, maybe Dardo version works with newest Dei ?