Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Alternative Economy (Updated 09.08.19)

Default Re: [Submod] Alternative Economy (Updated 01.22.19)

Just now and tried it, everything seems to be ok so a big thanks Dardo.

Default Re: [Submod] Alternative Economy (Updated 01.22.19)

Glad it works now

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [Submod] Alternative Economy (Updated 09.08.19)

Mod updated.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Senator

Great, thank you.

Senator

Hello KAM, wanted to start a Medewi campaign, but the (5?) new units from the last faction overhaul are not dealt with in your mod, at least not in custom battles (did not see them in campaign yet). Unfortunately I cannot change it myself, because of the Steam site base of the mod.

I like the idea, but it need to be updated to accomodate the new units and factions: Ardiaei, Medewi, Kimbroz, ptolemaic cataphracts and such.

Default Re: [Submod] Alternative Economy

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    Being testing for like 10 turns the mod. I like the idea pretty much so I deleted the softcorenocai to try this. So far I see potential on it KAM well done.
    I just want to give my opinion:
    Everything should be touched. Raids should give huge penalties to food/supplies, slaves should give a lot of economy to compensate for other economy issues.

This building is not worth for me. 12150/675=18turns to just pay off the building and in the next turn just receive a 0.05% profit. I don't remember now but maybe all buildings would need a bump in the profit they give you for the price they cost.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

What I extremely like is the idea of more expensive armies and the mercenary idea.
    All in all, I like how in the first turns I had to think about, recruiting a single unit? doing politician stuff? spy mechanics? damn it so great !!

Sorry for the late reply, I just started using this submod and I really like those building icons. Could you please tell me what mod did you use then and if it is still compatible with latest DeI version?

Patrician

Small fix released for new units. Their prices were set properly in previous file but game now ignores mod loading order in favour of internal file name order so table with new units was loaded after main mod, even if rest of the mod was loaded properly.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Small fix released for new units. Their prices were set properly in previous file but game now ignores mod loading order in favour of internal file name order so table with new units was loaded after main mod, even if rest of the mod was loaded properly.
    Thanks, KAM, I'll give it a try.

Senator

Thanks for the update. Now again I don't know wether to use this mod + the official hardcore mod or Data Venia for my new campaign.

Question unrelated: how can I get access to the mod files? They do not appear in my Data folder (I really don't like Steam based mods ...). Is there a way to download from an alternative source?

That's crazy. Isn't that the method how it works in Attila:TW? Why did they change to the worse?
    Last edited by geala; September 20, 2019 at 01:28 AM.

Patrician

Not sure how it works in Attila but I think in all TW games it works like this now, which can be a bit confusing :/

This is the path where steam workshop mods are stored:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content

There will be folders with random names so you need to figure out which is the one for Rome 2 :/

Senator

Thanks again. I will use this mod and the hardcore mod then, as Data Venia has the old combat seemingly, which maybe is a bit less fair to the AI, I think.

I played some battles to test already, and I'm a bit undecided about shield protection against projectiles. I had a lot of casualties from frontal distant shooting in the first battle phase (50 to 100 of 300), despite of the relatively big shields of the units (Medewi pikemen, medium swordsmen and hoplites). Partly the units are unarmored except for helmets and should suffer the most from projectiles, but not so in a static position, hiding behind big shields.

If I increase shield projectile protection (the row to the right, isn't it?) in a separate pack file, from what you said it does not matter that it is loaded first (with @@@@ ... in the name or from the launcher) because the file name is decisive now? How do I have to name the db shield file to be the one used by the game, if I may ask?

Patrician

You can try the same what we normally do with file name so putting stuff like @@@ in table name should be enough You can test it by giving some shield value like 100 melee defence, if it will pop up, that is defo working.

Senator

Question: it is advised to use an "attacker no attrition" mod. Is this a prerequisite for the AI sieging and not immediately attacking? Or what's the reason for the proposal? Historically attackers of fortresses often suffered but I would really like to have a sieging AI.

Patrician

It is for the AI mostly. Player is already under the burden of supplies so you might start losing troops from it anyway if you stay there too long. For me this compromise is the best of both worlds.

Not sure how it works in Attila but I think in all TW games it works like this now, which can be a bit confusing :/

This is the path where steam workshop mods are stored:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content

There will be folders with random names so you need to figure out which is the one for Rome 2 :/
    You can juse use windows search to look for the mod, they're usualy logically named or after the mod author.

L.ANNIVS's Avatar Foederatus
    Over there, by the river and the hills...

Hi! Is AE fully compatible with the latest DeI hotfix? I use the Dardo version along AoH and CT+...

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

I am not sure whether Dardo's version was compatible with 1.2.5 at all. Unless I've missed sth it was KAM who last updated AE and it's his version from the steam workshop that I've been using lately.

Dardos Version is compatible, been using it without problems

I made an updated version during the internal beta, I'll adjust the price changes that Kam implemented one of these days and upload them.