Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Alternative Economy (Updated 09.08.19)

Civis

Default Re: [Submod] Alternative Economy (Updated 09.08.19)

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    I made an updated version during the internal beta, I'll adjust the price changes that Kam implemented one of these days and upload them.
    Where? Can you? cuz His version just crashes or doesn't work at all with any other mods

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

seems to me that latest dardo's files are at post # 536

Hey all, I'm not really back, but i'm releasing my 1.2.5a version of my own Alternative Economy variants as is, I think I kept it up-to-date with the current version, I haven't implemented Kam's new unit cost changes yet, since those still need to be halved for custom battles. I'll try to look to that during this/next week. Unit costs for the new units and Alexander submod are included, it should also work without the Alexander submod though. The building cost for Babylon isn't increased, since that refuses to launch the game whenever the submod isn't activated, this could possibly be remedied by importing the building files into the main mod, but that's not really a concern to me imo.

The first file is the closest to Kam's version, with most of his economy and upkeep buffs for the AI preserved.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cS...NtetdshGBx0r-k

The second file is my own version, with a flat upkeep buff for the AI, but with higher progressive economy buffs for the AI

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18N...zH6X9fS-bpcHLL

The third file is the same as the second, but with the softcore mod economy buffs implemented and scaled to AE standards

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LE...BE6s6GSnm0rX2I

All versions can be safely swapped.

Thanks Dardo! Is the second version intended to be more difficult? I love AE and have been playing it for quite a while, but it just gets so easy by mid/late game (particularly once you’ve recruited the bulk of the armies you need).

Yeah, it should be, from what I've heard from others, it gives more % economy buffs, rather than flat ones, so bigger factions should get more of a benefit.

Hi there! I have 2 questions to the mod:

1) I am using the Official DEI Realism 1.6 allready. Is that mod compatible with this one?
    2) In my current game as Rome (Turn 140) I conquered all of Rome and Africa (so none of the juicy Provinces like Asia or Hellas) and with 3 full fleets and 8 full armies (legionaries) I sit on 2 million cash and have an income of 144k per turn. Will this mod make the mid game more difficult for the player?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Not sure about realism compatibility but turning it on already in the midgame would make it easier as you have probably already built up your economy in which case stuff like paying 3000 to recruit some medium infantry or paying 80,000 for a building would not bother you.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Thx for the quick answer!
    I checked the numbers and (compared to Realism) with AE activated units cost about 20% more to recruit but slightly less upkeep. I'd like to face less army stacks since I find it obnoxious to fight more or less the same battle over and over again because losses are so easy to replace. Same for me since I can recruit a full army in Italia in a mere 3 turns. So would Realism or AE be better for me?
    Last edited by Penegrin; November 23, 2019 at 10:36 AM.

In my limited experience with Realism and much more substantive experience with AE, I find that Realism economy is easier for the player, particularly with small starting factions. I’ve found that the AI suffers more in wars of attrition with AE and stars recruiting worse troops after a few losses compared to base game and Realism. By ultimately, the differences are probably minor. Realism incorporates much of AE and the two are (I’m fairly sure) not compatible. So if you like Realism’s other features, play that. If you prefer base DeI with Realism’s economy, go with AE.

I play AE (hard version), AoH, and Cultural Tension (hard version) on N/N with a few other minor submods and find it the best experience I’ve had.

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

@Dardo21 will you be able to update the AE submod for the new median units as well as address the change made to "change capital" button - it doesn't work with this submod enabled. Cheers!

Yes, I plan on updating my submods soon, my work schedule changed a few days ago, so I haven't really had the energy in the evenings.

No problem Dardo, just checking if you're willing to keep this submod alive! Tried out new Medians (2nd favourite faction after Athens) but the standard economy of DeI is just not for me. I got used to constant struggle for cash

Okay, I added the new costs for the new Median units and incorporated the change to the capital change button as well. Updating my patch for UMCenturion's Ancient Empires mod will probably be something for the weekend.

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

Dardo, and what about Cultural Tensions mod ? Is this mod works with the newest patch ?

From what I could see from the patch files, it only changed how traits were allocated to cultures, the effects itself seemed unaltered, so i don't think anything has to be updated.
    UPDATE: made a small hotfix to my versions, incorporating the increased income to livestock agricultural farms and traders.
    UPDATE2: added the upgrade entries for the new Median units, with increased costs.
    Last edited by Dardo21; May 17, 2020 at 01:50 PM.

Look forward to a new version, thanks for the work Dardo. Are the updates in the post above?
    Also, if not playing the current beta will it work with the previous version of DeI (the non beta). Or should it work with both? Contemplating whether to start a new MP campaign with the beta or not. Multiple units (aside from just Media) were added to it amongst other changes that I'm not certain are accounted for.
    Last edited by gnosis89; May 31, 2020 at 05:01 PM.

Yes, the links a few posts up are updated, I think it will still work with the pre-beta version, but I haven't tested that yet too be honest.

Ah, so those were made FOR the newest beta version. Well then, I suppose that gives me an excuse to use the beta version in the multiplayer campaign we're about to start.

And you said cultural tensio should work with the latest beta as well so huzzah.

Any plans to make a new version of arbitris?
    Last edited by gnosis89; May 31, 2020 at 07:32 PM.

Arbitris was never something that I was involved with, so no, I don't plan on touching it.

@Dardo - I may be doing something wrong so please correct me if needed, but I usedthe links provided by you a few posts back and I still do not get the updated recuirtment costs nad upkeep for the new units. I'm placing the AE before everythign else in the mod manager and I get the updated costs for pre-beta units os I imagine there's nothing in correct in my load order. Could you please provide me/us with a new, updated link?
    Cheers!