Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 217181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Alternative Economy (Updated 09.08.19)

Default Re: [Submod] Alternative Economy (Updated 01.22.19)

playing as Macedon. Daorsi decleared war on me. They attack me with a full stack army every 3 turn. how this is possible? they have only 2 or 3 cities!

On what difficulty? It's possible that the AI is ignoring building construction and just building units instead, the mod doesn't modify recruitment points so it wouldn't be able to make them build a full stack in 3 turns unless they're mass-recruiting mercenaries. Also, what turn are you in? It's possible that they're wasting their starting treasury on spamming stacks on you.

Important update: There was an error giving some barbarian unit rosters 0 upkeep.

The first file is the closest to Kam's new version, with most of his economy and upkeep buffs for the AI preserved.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cS...NtetdshGBx0r-k

The second file is my own version, with a flat upkeep buff for the AI, but with higher progressive economy buffs for the AI

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18N...zH6X9fS-bpcHLL

The third file is the same as the second, but with the softcore mod economy buffs implemented and scaled to AE standards

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LE...BE6s6GSnm0rX2I

All versions can be safely swapped.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; June 05, 2019 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

I didn't really suspect, Dardo, that you could be a secret Barbarian agent...

Yeah, drinking urine and rolling around in dirt are secretly my favorite passtimes.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

No need to go into extremes, Dardo. Feeding mostly on onions and smearing butter into one's hair is already quite sufficient to make one barbarian, I suppose.

Anyways, thanks for an update! Frankly, I didn't even realise that the upkeep for the Barbarians was missing.

Yeah, I only noticed it since appearently some of the eastern factions had stacks with mostly 0 upkeep units for some reason, which led me to go and figure out which table was wrong.

Thx for update, just was getting bored with Massalia and going to jump in a Pontus or Bosphorus game.

Good, one of your Saramatian neighbors was actually affected by that bug, so it'll be fixed for your new campaign .

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

@Dardo, while using AE submod I noticed swift expansion of Leugoz in nearly every campaign I did. Could that be a result of the bug? Will now use the version you uploaded

Could have been, it was some Iberian, saramatian and other randomly affected factions.

This mod isn't working for me. I'm trying to play it with Age of Hellenism and Cultural Tension, which supposedly are compatible, but to no avail. Even just loading this mod by itself doesn't appear to be working right as unit costs are low (Agema Cavalry for Seleucids costs 2,000 on turn 1 for example). Is load order important? Similarly, I've tried with both the old and new launcher, but could that be causing an issue? Any help would be appreciated!

Might be the mod manager yes, I try to order all manual mods by the user script to avoid such issues with Rome II, otherwise the new third party manager appearently works for Rome II as well, I've only tried it for Warhammer II sofar, for the latter it completly fixed broken load orders for me though. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1399787504 the description should be enough to set you up, basically you need to deactivate all mods in the normal launcher, set the game to Rome II in the third party one and then manually activate and order your mods, bear in mind that the mod limit still applies ofc.

On a sidenote, I recently discovered WHII has a soft limit of 88 mods as well, for some reason :/.

That worked. You guys are awesome, thank you.

No problem, for clarification, which thing worked :p? Did you use the script or the third party manager?

FYI - the steam link does not work however the link provided by Dardo a few posts up does work for me.

As this is your own work Dardo - I used your "The first file is the closest to Kam's new version, with most of his economy and upkeep buffs for the AI preserved.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cS...NtetdshGBx0r-k" link, what changes have you actually made? sorry if its a stupid question man.

Just want to say (this will be a copy paste in all threads) that I've only just found these sub mods, Age of Hellenism, Alternative Economy, Cultural Tensio and Data Venia - I am having so much fun! Well done to everyone involved
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Unsure if vanilla DeI issue or related to one of my submod (Age of Hellenism/Alternative Eco/Cultural Tensio) but howcome my tax is suddenly -51.5%?
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; June 05, 2019 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Small update to my versions: added the new special Dacian capital as well as made the Alexanderian special units compatible.

The first file is the closest to Kam's new version, with most of his economy and upkeep buffs for the AI preserved.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cS...NtetdshGBx0r-k

The second file is my own version, with a flat upkeep buff for the AI, but with higher progressive economy buffs for the AI

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18N...zH6X9fS-bpcHLL

The third file is the same as the second, but with the softcore mod economy buffs implemented and scaled to AE standards

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LE...BE6s6GSnm0rX2I

All versions can be safely swapped.

Hi @Dardo, while using DEI 1.2.5 with yesterdays AE submod (!!@@@alternativeeconomyexpnoupkeepchanges.pack) + CT (!@@@a_cultural_tension+.pack) game always crash at launching new campaign, without any message. Tried both launchers (old and new) with same results. Using just TWC DEI and No Campaign Clouds mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1652124058) and several times tried check the game integrity. Game is working with new launcher and DEI Realism 1.6 mod, so dont know if problem is on my side.
    Thank you for answer and have a nice day.

Update: I had forgotten to add the new units, so redownload the file. If the game then still refuses to launch, I'd advise you to try it without the realism mod.
    Last edited by Dardo21; August 06, 2019 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    DEI Realism isn't up to date with the new version (I think) or atleast together with other submods, can you try launching all mods without that one?
    I dont use DEI realism with AE or CT together, just saying that DEI + Realism works fine.
    Tried as you proposed so results are:
    - just DEI 1.2.5 + CT wokrs fine
    - just DEI 1.2.5 + latest AE your personal nor KAMīs version works for me, game crashes after start of new campaign. Now i found out that DEI + AE in custom battles are not showed new unit card and many units at all for example for Ardeia faction there are only like 10 units with old unit card, dont know if it influence anything.

Tried with old and new launcher, nothing changed.

Did you read my update? I forgot to add the new units, so redownload the file.